All-Star 2011-13 Usasf Cheer Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Yeah cause I got a few of those (questions). I know cheap watches and rhinestones are sold at Claire's. So to define what is and isn't Jewelry would be good.

Just kidding. What it reads to me is that it has to start below prep, and land in prep. So switch ups to prep level stretches are legal. But switch ups to extended braced on one side, are legal.

ETA: nm only read the 1st page lol

The way I'm reading it is that tic tocks are no longer legal in level 4 at the extended level. Is this correct?

Also - another clarification please - No switch up/express up/whatever you prefer to call it while the flyer half twists up at the same time?

Thanks for your help!

As Les explained this past weekend any assisted tumbling would count as a STUNT and would not be part of their tumbling score. So if you had half the team spot the other half on standing tucks your total standing tumbling score would be ZERO.

There are many NEGATIVE reprocussions for using assisted tumbling in your tumbling section.

The reason this rule was taken out is to ensure teams using creative choreography with one member flipping another or doing other show-ey moves would not incur deductions for assisted tumbling when that was not the intent of the maneuver.

But then aren't they either incurring deductions for illegal stunts, or losing points for "really bad" tumbling?

I just had this image of my flyers riding baskets and high fiving at the top. How funny would that be.
I'm having the image of trying to cram two or three fliers onto one basket table.

Another questions on L4
Release moves that land in extended position must originate from ground-level and may not involve
any twisting or flipping.

Would this not make tick tocks illegal?

I'm having the image of trying to cram two or three fliers onto one basket table.

Another questions on L4
Release moves that land in extended position must originate from ground-level and may not involve

As I'm reading it, yes. :( Which means my CP's youth 4 team who mastered them last season will have to dumb down their stunts now?? That stinks... :(

My big question is what is the definition of a 'dip'. And who do you measure that 'dip' by. And if that person is a flyer if I just have her not 'dip' then I free myself up to do lots of stuff. Or is it measure by at least one person dipping within the group, then I can have someone dip at the appropriate time.

Can anyone explain the Level 3 Pyramid- Release Moves section? I don't understand what the two clarifications are getting at, and now my brain is turning to mush.

Another questions on L4

looks like it...think it will just be express ups for L4

So, it looks like switch-ups to prep are now legal in 3 and switch-ups to extended are staying legal in 4. No 180 switch-up anymore in 4, but you can 1.5 up to prep. Low to highs are out (unless faked) :(

Back