All-Star 2012 London Olympics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Does anyone know which US gymnasts are competing on which events for the even finals, and when they are going to be? I have to go up to Green Bay for cheer tomorrow and Saturday and I really hope I won't miss them!!

This is off the top of my head, but I believe Maroney is on vault, Douglas on beam and bars, Raisman and Weiber on floor, and Raisman on beam... Correct me if I'm wrong!

Does anyone know which US gymnasts are competing on which events for the even finals, and when they are going to be? I have to go up to Green Bay for cheer tomorrow and Saturday and I really hope I won't miss them!!
Event finals start on Sunday, your coach has scheduled practice perfectly!

I'm reading different things for the tie breaker rule. I've seen "The tiebreaker rule is the highest combined execution score followed by highest combined difficulty score." but I've also seen it's the highest 3 execution scores combined. :confused:

Very happy for Gabby, totally deserved! Bummed Aly didn't make top 3 but I'm sure she will slay floor and beam (even though I'm rooting for Jordyn on floor!)

No offense to Victoria, she is an outstanding athlete but her vault let her down. She continues to be a sore loser. I know she will be disappointed and you can't help your emotions. But hunny you got silver and gave the best floor routine I've seen in my lifetime , and you didn't even congratulate Gabby. Thousands of people look up to you and when you are unsportsmanlike it's wrong. Suck it up and smile, you are a silver medalist at the Olympics! And that silver medal looks beautiful around your neck.

I'm reading different things for the tie breaker rule. I've seen "The tiebreaker rule is the highest combined execution score followed by highest combined difficulty score." but I've also seen it's the highest 3 execution scores combined. :confused:

This site has a good explanation:

"Should there be ties in the team finals in London, the lowest apparatus score will be dropped and the remaining scores added. If that doesn't break the tie, additional apparatus scores will be dropped, one at a time, until there is a winner. If no winner emerges, the tie stands.

There is a similar formula for the all-around final. But if no winner has emerged following the dropping of apparatus scores, the execution score total for each gymnast serve as the tie-breaker, followed by his or her total start value. If that doesn't establish a winner, the tie will stand."

Event finals had the execution then difficulty score.

London Olympics 2012: New gymnastics tie-break rules allow shared metals - London Olympics 2012 - Sporting News

Back