All-Star 2017-2018 Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm guessing Rays had to eliminate either Apple or Peach? I can't imagine them having 5 senior world teams from one location.

ETA: No confirmation on whether Orange is still large...

ETA 2.0: Angel Rice appears to be super senioring on Steel with her younger brother. Peach is a team, which means I'm guessing Apple is out.

Last edited:
Confirmed by CU:
Steel LRGCOED5
Cobalt MEDCOED5
Orange LRGSR5
Peach MEDSR5
Electric SMIOC5
Interesting they decided to call their medium coed team "Cobalt", their J.C. location has a Cobalt Rays to, or at least they did up till last season.

Last edited:
Interesting they decided to call their medium coed team "Cobalt", their J.C. location has a Cobalt Rays to, or at least they did up till last season.

Yes Cobalt was a Y2 team at Johns Creek. I was assuming they will still be a team this season but not sure, maybe they'll change the name. Teams have not been announced yet, they are doing level practices this week.

These are all from the Marietta location I'm assuming? Any word about if John's Creeks will have a Worlds team?

Not seen or heard anything about it in the gym but I'm not really in the know.

DAihkafXcAUYV_b

I'm going to need an explanation as to why Cobalt is not Smoke :(.
It's because the coach of Smoke has been the gym director at their Johns Creek location since their inception, so if Smoke ever makes a come back again like they did two seasons back, it'll be from their Johns Creek location.

Think of it as coaches earning the "copyright" on certain team names.

Yes Cobalt was a Y2 team at Johns Creek. I was assuming they will still be a team this season but not sure, maybe they'll change the name. Teams have not been announced yet, they are doing level practices this week.
I just remembered Cobalt was also one of their Marietta prep team names... either way it fits all the themes - colour/metallic (coed Worlds teams), chemical element (prep theme) or mineral (J.C. theme).

Interesting no S1. I wonder what happened to all the girls that were on Rose without level 2 skills and are too old for Mango. I saw some things on Twitter but obviously taking it with a grain of salt. It breaks my heart if girls are told there's no team for them.
Johns Creek had a Senior 1 last season, Rock Rays, so they might have that option?

Last edited:
It's because the coach of Smoke has been the gym director at their Johns Creek location since their inception, so if Smoke ever makes a come back again like they did two seasons back, it'll be from their Johns Creek location.

Think of it as coaches earning the "copyright" on certain team names.

He's not going to be gym director at JC anymore, is concentrating on choreo. Not sure if he will coach any teams.

Back