All-Star 25/75 Vs 50/50 Scoring Which Do You Prefer?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I can see the pros and cons of both scoring tactics. I'll use my team as an example. We were at MAC Nationals in Wildwood, a 50/50 comp, this past weekend. The first day, my team had a stunt fall and a touch down, and the other team hit. The second day, my team hit and they had a stunt fall and an athlete fall. Had the competition been 25/75, my team would have had a better chance to take first, because of how the deductions would have been weighted. I have nothing against 50/50 comps, but I definitely prefer 25/75.

I can see the pros and cons of both scoring tactics. I'll use my team as an example. We were at MAC Nationals in Wildwood, a 50/50 comp, this past weekend. The first day, my team had a stunt fall and a touch down, and the other team hit. The second day, my team hit and they had a stunt fall and an athlete fall. Had the competition been 25/75, my team would have had a better chance to take first, because of how the deductions would have been weighted. I have nothing against 50/50 comps, but I definitely prefer 25/75.

Sorry that's why 25/75 is to easy on first day mistakes. All things being equal if raw scores were equal you both make the same mistake you day one other team day 2 you shouldn't win by default. I could live with 40/60 but prefer 50/50.

I like 50/50 also but it did not matter at this comp due to our raw score was lowered so someone else placed higher than us overall for the bid!
In reality I just was a fair set of judges!

Especially for same exact routine except 2 Xtra doubles. And EP daughter sitting at judges table with the bid winning teams tee on! Never been so disgusted!
Pictures with the winning paid bid team and EPs daughter all over Twitter and her wearing that teams cheer gear.The paid bid team sitting with judges and DJ and taking pictures (some of too many crotches and with the see through bottoms booty cheeks galore)the fact that team bought worlds flights prior be cuz they said were guaranteed paid bid.possible illegal girl filling in,and USASF notified.The list can go on about how fixed this competition was.The scores don't line up they had higher score day one and more mistakes then day two.How many more reasons do they need.Same team same issues last year too when they got "paid" disgusting is a lower word then what I could say

Pictures with the winning paid bid team and EPs daughter all over Twitter and her wearing that teams cheer gear.The paid bid team sitting with judges and DJ and taking pictures (some of too many crotches and with the see through bottoms booty cheeks galore)the fact that team bought worlds flights prior be cuz they said were guaranteed paid bid.possible illegal girl filling in,and USASF notified.The list can go on about how fixed this competition was.The scores don't line up they had higher score day one and more mistakes then day two.How many more reasons do they need.Same team same issues last year too when they got "paid" disgusting is a lower word then what I could say
what team are we talking about here, im confused.

you lost me with the "crotches and see through bottoms and booty cheeks galore." i'm confused why that is relevant to the competition being fixed?

if there is shadiness going on, please call it out. i'm so over the sketchy, "behind-closed-doors"-ness of this industry.. but i feel we can do so without making digs at the kids because you're angry. and you saying that makes me question if any of what you're saying is legitimate or not.

I thought I knew which competition you were talking about based on timing and location, but neither of the teams that got paid there this year got the paid bids last year so now I'm confused.

you lost me with the "crotches and see through bottoms and booty cheeks galore." i'm confused why that is relevant to the competition being fixed?

if there is shadiness going on, please call it out. i'm so over the sketchy, "behind-closed-doors"-ness of this industry.. but i feel we can do so without making digs at the kids because you're angry. and you saying that makes me question if any of what you're saying is legitimate or not.
Definite a lot of shady ness going on. I saw a text from team member on Fr being told by coach " don't worry you got the paid bid pressure is off". Nothing can b done except for us to kill it at Worlds. :)

I thought I knew which competition you were talking about based on timing and location, but neither of the teams that got paid there this year got the paid bids last year so now I'm confused.
Cheer Tech is the EP. The owner of Cheer Tech also owns Titan all stars. Island Xtreme got a paid bid at this competition - I believe not the first time they have received a full paid from this EP. The EP has a history of questionable practices, and very few gyms attend their competitions. They hold 2 bid competitions per year - one in December and one in March.
The website doesn't give much information but here are the results from Day 1.

mac nationals resutls day 1.pdf - Google Drive

Back