All-Star April 2016 Videos (non-worlds)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm just curious to know what your opinion is based on.

I kind of agree with @Angelica - they're still putting in work for that routine, no doubt. But competing the same routine under two separate team names feels wrong. They aren't doing anything wrong and I don't blame them for doing so (especially after cleaning house at Daytona with those routines), but I can't say it doesn't bother me at least a little. To each their own.

I'm just curious to know what your opinion is based on.

Worlds & college cheer are two competely different things.
I kind of agree with @Angelica - they're still putting in work for that routine, no doubt. But competing the same routine under two separate team names feels wrong. They aren't doing anything wrong and I don't blame them for doing so (especially after cleaning house at Daytona with those routines), but I can't say it doesn't bother me at least a little. To each their own.

This makes me happy. They stack that team because they are THAT team like all their other teams from that university. I am just saying College Cheer and All Star Cheer are so different.
I have just been on the other side of it, so my feelings towards it are different than others.
Best of luck to all level 6 teams at worlds! I have so much respect for each team. (wish I could be on one) #aclprobz

I feel like there's a division of two where the DANCE will win bc all of the other areas/skills are so close!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they have the kids who want to do both and are committed to doing both then I don't see what the problem is. To pull from what I hear all the time in the sandbagging thread "they are still performing the same skills as everyone else." It's not like they get special privileges because they competed at college nationals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually think it is ingenious to do this and more college/gyms should think about it. Makes perfect sense and shows why a lot of the GT teams do so well. I'm all about working smart (and hard when needed).

I'm not sure how I feel about it. I completely agree with this, but at the same time I think that if it's the same team/athletes/coaches, why create two different routines when the same skills are being used? I can see it either way.

I actually think it is ingenious to do this and more college/gyms should think about it. Makes perfect sense and shows why a lot of the GT teams do so well. I'm all about working smart (and hard when needed).
I think other college teams don't do the same because:
1.) Lack of access to a full sprung floor (unless they have affiliations with a gym like Louisville-GymTyme).
2.) Cost. It's extremely difficult to earn a paid-bid to Worlds because most EPs don't offer them to level 6 teams.

Also, some universities like UK, don't allow their athletes to take part in All-star, let alone have the entire team compete as an all-star team.

If you think about it, many open teams are already made of college cheerleaders. A number of Navarro cheerleaders were/are on teams like SOT Reign/Remix, CA Wildcats... a couple of cheerleaders from UWG, UGA and KSU are on Electric this season. Also, I noticed Rays have reduced the number of coaches on their open teams, teams like Rust use to be made of mostly coaches, but Electric not so much.

I think other college teams don't do the same because:
1.) Lack of access to a full sprung floor (unless they have affiliations with a gym like Louisville-GymTyme).
2.) Cost. It's extremely difficult to earn a paid-bid to Worlds because most EPs don't offer them to level 6 teams.

Also, some universities like UK, don't allow their athletes to take part in All-star, let alone have the entire team compete as an all-star team.

If you think about it, many open teams are already made of college cheerleaders. A number of Navarro cheerleaders were/are on teams like SOT Reign/Remix, CA Wildcats... a couple of cheerleaders from UWG, UGA and KSU are on Electric this season. Also, I noticed Rays have reduced the number of coaches on their open teams, teams like Rust use to be made of mostly coaches, but Electric not so much.
That was kind of my point. It could help both the college and the AS gyms if the college allows it. I am seeing quite a few colleges that frown upon or disallow AS during their season as well.

did they really just say "reckless, b*tch"...... real classy

Oh yeah, they definitely said that. I was sitting close to the front in the audience with a group of Minis and Tinys from CP's gym when that happened. I will be the first to admit that I don't make the best word choices at times (usually it involves me driving a vehicle in a high traffic situation). But, even in my younger years, I don't think I would have ever thought using vulgar language in front of hundreds of people (a good majority of them children) was a good idea. I was pretty disappointed that a group of (what I am assuming are mostly) adults decided to open their routine with that.

Oh yeah, they definitely said that. I was sitting close to the front in the audience with a group of Minis and Tinys from CP's gym when that happened. I will be the first to admit that I don't make the best word choices at times (usually it involves me driving a vehicle in a high traffic situation). But, even in my younger years, I don't think I would have ever thought using vulgar language in front of hundreds of people (a good majority of them children) was a good idea. I was pretty disappointed that a group of (what I am assuming are mostly) adults decided to open their routine with that.
That's awful. I would be horrified if my hypothetical children were just trying to watch teams and had that screamed at the audience. And very embarrassed as a coach.

This comment doesn't apply directly to you or anyone in particular, but I think most of the hatred towards GT for doing this comes from people who are bitter they've lost to a GT level 6 team, or bitter they can't do the same.
I think what it comes down to is that so many open level 6 teams have to fight all season for the chance at even an at large bid. They're not handed out to every team that enters the division at a bid competition (unlike small senior and small coed......) so I guess I can see it from that angle. These kids compete one routine, are usually handed a paid bid pretty effortlessly, and then don't touch a spring floor again until Worlds. I still don't see why the teams SHOULDN'T do it this way, but I can see why people may have an issue with the fact that they do.

Back