All-Star April 2016 Videos (non-worlds)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Its my understanding that they (GT level 6 teams) practice enough to get the bids in December and then probably don't spend that much time practicing the all star routine until after college nationals, which makes it no different than other level 6 teams that practice and compete throughout the whole cheer season to me. I may be wrong, and they practice specifically for the all star team multiple times each week outside of college practice, but that seems unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its my understanding that they (GT level 6 teams) practice enough to get the bids in December and then probably don't spend that much time practicing the all star routine until after college nationals, which makes it no different than other level 6 teams that practice and compete throughout the whole cheer season to me. I may be wrong, and they practice specifically for the all star team multiple times each week outside of college practice, but that seems unlikely.

Sweetttttness! Can't wait to see Viqueens next weekend & all the other lvl 6 teams :)

but their routines are literally the exact same. same routine, same people, same music. so practicing for their college routine is practicing for their allstar routine.

But if you are a college cheerleader, your roles and responsibilities should hypothetically double.

I know if my old college team tried making me learn a brand new routine for one competition, no one would have been invested.
Between game day, schoolwork, and college nationals, they have a lot on their plate.
I'm just not understanding the all of a sudden complaining, because this has been going on for years... The first rule in business is LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!

But if you are a college cheerleader, your roles and responsibilities should hypothetically double.

I know if my old college team tried making me learn a brand new routine for one competition, no one would have been invested.
Between game day, schoolwork, and college nationals, they have a lot on their plate.
I'm just not understanding the all of a sudden complaining, because this has been going on for years... The first rule in business is LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!

Lol I just don't think anyone has actually just said it outloud before on here. No ones complaining, just stating opinions! When you ACTUALLY have competed in the same division ......& If a team competes their exact same Daytona routine at worlds and wins I don't feel as bad about losing because they are "insert name" this incredible, talented, hard working, perfect technique, strong level 6 college team that hundreds fly out to tryout for each year to be on. Kudos to them! Location is everything. Im just some old aged out cheerleader that still loves the sport :) lol

Lol I just don't think anyone has actually just said it outloud before on here. No ones complaining, just stating opinions! When you ACTUALLY have competed in the same division ......& If a team competes their exact same Daytona routine at worlds and wins I don't feel as bad about losing because they are "insert name" this incredible, talented, hard working, perfect technique, strong level 6 college team that hundreds fly out to tryout for each year to be on. Kudos to them! Location is everything. Im just some old aged out cheerleader that still loves the sport :) lol

I get what you're saying, but I would agree more with you if you weren't from CA. People aren't flying out left and right to be on CA's worlds teams? You're kind of making it sound like you were coming from this disadvantaged situation and life isn't fair. CA is arguably the most successful program in history.

I get what you're saying, but I would agree more with you if you weren't from CA. People aren't flying out left and right to be on CA's worlds teams? You're kind of making it sound like you were coming from this disadvantaged situation and life isn't fair. CA is arguably the most successful program in history.

I respect that. Im not saying I was at a disadvantage either OR life isn't fair LOL, I am speaking for only Level 6 as a whole. It is easy for me to talk about level 6 because I have competed in it for years (Which I Dont Cheer Now). BUT Like I said I am just stating MY opinion. I have competing at worlds with both a large gym and smaller gym so I see it from many perspectives. It is nice to get other's opinions, even if I don't agree with the subject! This also has Nothing to do with CA.

Last edited:
For me, it reminds me of in school where you can't use the same paper twice. You got an A on a paper and are assigned something similar...you can't use the same paper just because you had gotten a good grade on that one. There are many college cheerleaders that are on all star teams that have completely different all star routines than their school routines and they handle it just fine.

I personally agree that you shouldn't be able to use the same routine you just competed with plus some extra tumbling. It's like taking that old paper and adding an extra paragraph to pass off as something new. But there are no rules against it, and until there are(if there ever are) rules against it GT is free to continue doing it. Obviously it's worked out very well for them.

And I don't think it's fair to say that @Angelica doesn't have a valid opinion just because she's from CA. This is more about the routine(s) used than the athletes. As mentioned, CA makes use of plenty athletes from the two top scoring teams this past weekend.

but their routines are literally the exact same. same routine, same people, same music. so practicing for their college routine is practicing for their allstar routine.

I know they aren't "exactly" the same. I have two friends who competed on Louisville small coed - one is on golden girls and one is on platinum. Then I have another friend on Jade who does not cheer for Louisville at all. I'd be interested to know the ratios of how many are on the same team. I do think it is majority.

For me, it reminds me of in school where you can't use the same paper twice. You got an A on a paper and are assigned something similar...you can't use the same paper just because you had gotten a good grade on that one. There are many college cheerleaders that are on all star teams that have completely different all star routines than their school routines and they handle it just fine.

I personally agree that you shouldn't be able to use the same routine you just competed with plus some extra tumbling. It's like taking that old paper and adding an extra paragraph to pass off as something new. But there are no rules against it, and until there are(if there ever are) rules against it GT is free to continue doing it. Obviously it's worked out very well for them.

And I don't think it's fair to say that @Angelica doesn't have a valid opinion just because she's from CA. This is more about the routine(s) used than the athletes. As mentioned, CA makes use of plenty athletes from the two top scoring teams this past weekend.

Thank you for saying that. I was kinda offended by that comment.

You really think they should have to get a new routine with a 3 week turn around? Why not make all Cheersport, NCA, and UCA winners all get new routines since they got "As" on those by winning. Wouldn't want to use the same winning routine twice.....This logic makes no sense. Its still the same cheer season. They won their bid like everyone else.

You really think they should have to get a new routine with a 3 week turn around? Why not make all Cheersport, NCA, and UCA winners all get new routines since they got "As" on those by winning. Wouldn't want to use the same winning routine twice.....This logic makes no sense. Its still the same cheer season. They won their bid like everyone else.

It actually makes perfect sense. If we're continuing the paper analogy, If I hand in a paper as @njallday , no problem. If I took that same paper and put @GreatWhite92 's name on it after I already turned it in as my own work, it becomes a problem.

I don't fault GT for doing what they do and if more gyms had a working college/allstar relationship like they do, I'm sure they'd do the same. I'm not saying it should be illegal or they're horrible people. That doesn't mean it doesn't bother me. It will continue to bother me no matter how many people tell me/ @Angelica there's nothing wrong with it. And I'm not from CA and have never cheered college or level 6 so no bias here.

no? I don't think anyone said anything about a 3 week time limit. they competed in December. much more than 3 weeks. would everyone be okay with a team winning worlds in 2015, competing the exact same routine with a few doubles at worlds 2016?

Back