OT Book Club

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Anyone read anything by James Patterson? Just finished reading all 3 YA Confessions books and I'm interested in maybe reading others by him... Suggestions or thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone read anything by James Patterson? Just finished reading all 3 YA Confessions books and I'm interested in maybe reading others by him... Suggestions or thoughts?

Depends on what you're looking for. Does he write literary masterpieces that will stay with forever? No. He writes quick, curl up in a chair with some coffee, page turners that you can kill some time with. I've read a LOT of his books.

His new stuff that he uses a co-author with is not as good. His old books are better. I like the Women's Murder Club series.

Depends on what you're looking for. Does he write literary masterpieces that will stay with forever? No. He writes quick, curl up in a chair with some coffee, page turners that you can kill some time with. I've read a LOT of his books.

His new stuff that he uses a co-author with is not as good. His old books are better. I like the Women's Murder Club series.

Thanks, yeah I figured as much since there are a blue million of "his" books and I wasn't sure where I want a new series with lots of books to read (like the Janet Evanovich books) so I will have to check out that series and Maximum Ride. Any other crime/mysteries anyone can think of that would be good?

Thanks, yeah I figured as much since there are a blue million of "his" books and I wasn't sure where I want a new series with lots of books to read (like the Janet Evanovich books) so I will have to check out that series and Maximum Ride. Any other crime/mysteries anyone can think of that would be good?

Dean Koontz has a bajillion mystery books. I've read Velocity by him and it was pretty good. I would not it rank anywhere on my Favorite Books Of All Time List but it kept me interested. It's kind of Saw like. (As in twisted logic not gory deaths).

I've listened to the "private" series, and also the Michael Benett books. They are pretty good. I've also listened to the postcard killers, and swimsuit and they where good as well.

Dean Koontz has a bajillion mystery books. I've read Velocity by him and it was pretty good. I would not it rank anywhere on my Favorite Books Of All Time List but it kept me interested. It's kind of Saw like. (As in twisted logic not gory deaths).
I enjoy quite a few of his books, especially some of his earlier ones. Check out Servants of Twilight, Twilight Eyes (the first two have nothing to do with each other so you can read either) and Intensity, those are my favorites my him.

I am probably aging myself, but my favorite book (Series) of all time is "Clan of the Cave Bear" The entire series "Earth's Children series" by Jean Auel....there are 6 books in the series started in 1980 and the last books came out 2011. I have read the entire series a least 5/6 times. Now, I read with my 16 year old daughter. She brings books home and we both read them: I have read the Mortal Instruments (love the book(s) better than the movie; Divirgent, the Giver, and a host of other books/series; but still have not found one that I like more than the Earth's Children series....But I love reading in my little spare time and would love some suggestions on whats out there and is good.

I am probably aging myself, but my favorite book (Series) of all time is "Clan of the Cave Bear" The entire series "Earth's Children series" by Jean Auel....there are 6 books in the series started in 1980 and the last books came out 2011. I have read the entire series a least 5/6 times. Now, I read with my 16 year old daughter. She brings books home and we both read them: I have read the Mortal Instruments (love the book(s) better than the movie; Divirgent, the Giver, and a host of other books/series; but still have not found one that I like more than the Earth's Children series....But I love reading in my little spare time and would love some suggestions on whats out there and is good.
I think I stopped after the 4th. Maybe I should go back and give the whole series another run through. I've read the first 2 many times. And I agree about the Mortal Instruments - love the books. I have heard they are making the books into a cable series but I am not sure if they will be re-doing the first movie or just pick up with the second book.

Back