All-Star Booking Flights For Comps

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Good thing is NCA u know u r going by now hopefully! We assume we will get a bid for Worlds BUT will not book
until the bid is handed out

I pretty much booked asap... within a week of getting schedule I have 90% booked. Still waiting on myrtle beach cause those airfares from jersey are ridiculous. Might end up driving again (torture).

Southwest is a god send. I purchased my Kentucky tickets when I got the $59 sale email. But the flight I wanted wasn't part of the sale. So I purchased it and checked southwest everyday. Then boom the flight I wanted went down to $59 so I switched my flight at no cost! Love southwest!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pretty much booked asap... within a week of getting schedule I have 90% booked. Still waiting on myrtle beach cause those airfares from jersey are ridiculous. Might end up driving again (torture).

fyi, I usually end up driving to AC on Thursday, and fly out on Spirit the next morn. They have a nice flight back Monday night and it is late enough that we get a day to play in Myrtle before heading to the airport. I usually save about 300 dollars (even with the hotel stay) over what everyone else pays.

fyi, I usually end up driving to AC on Thursday, and fly out on Spirit the next morn. They have a nice flight back Monday night and it is late enough that we get a day to play in Myrtle before heading to the airport. I usually save about 300 dollars (even with the hotel stay) over what everyone else pays.
My experience with Spirit has always been low enticing base fares and then excessive charges for everything else, such as breathing.

Southwest is a god send. I purchased my Kentucky tickets when I got the $59 sale email. But the flight I wanted wasn't part of the sale. So I purchased it and checked southwest everyday. Then boom the flight I wanted went down to $59 so I switched my flight at no cost! Love southwest!

I'd love a $59 flight. I'm looking at $300 one way right now

Friends have flown to another city in SC and then rent car to drive to Myrtle Sometimes much cheaper!

Friends have flown to another city in SC and then rent car to drive to Myrtle Sometimes much cheaper!
We fly in to Charlotte and drive the 3.5 hours to Myrtle Beach - but we have a good reason to stop in Columbia :) . It's almost half the price of flying to Myrtle Beach. I would recommend flying in to Charlotte especially if you have high school aged kids - there are so many colleges in NC/SC with decent cheer programs and it is worth scheduling a tour or 2 - helps with excused absences!

Thanks for posting this. I checked my Southwest January flight and the return flight had been lowered by $40 a person.

I'd love a $59 flight! Wow! Can't beat that!

Google Flights is also an option, especially with the airlines that don't/won't provide data to Hopper (Delta and Southwest are the 2 North American airlines that don't). I find it's also a good idea to wait until 'major' (labour day, black friday) to book, because most airlines have sales then.
Thanks! Good tips! I had not not heard of Google flights... I must be living under a rock :/

Back