All-Star Cheer Moms or Dads . . . Who's Out There?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

CP has been doing this 11years. Almost ended this year, but changed her mind after Worlds.
5th gym, 7th different team. It's already been a roller coaster.

Sorry, didn't follow all the rules. I'm Fernando. In the Air Force, but chasing my CP and a young soccer son player in my spare time. She's at CEA Sm Srs.

LOL, I was thinking the same thing when I read her post. If you ask my child, I am definitely not normal. She always says, "Mommy, you're funny." That's 5-year-old speak for "weird."

Oh, and you're saying the losing gear thing doesn't get any better with age? My child came out of her tumbling class a few weeks ago missing the bow in her hair and wearing only one shoe! I kindly told her to return to the gym and come back out when she is fully clothed again. :)

LOL... no, Kiki. It does NOT get better with age. The only difference is that YOU get blamed when they can't find stuff for cheerleading. I think she thinks I secretly hide her bows and uni and dress up and cheer in the mirror. :::shudder:::

Mary here. Well known on the boards for years and years and years. Our gym used to be known as ICE Athletics (that's where the "nICE" comes from), but now we're The Illinois Cheer Company. I have two cheerleaders, and a son, who plays baseball. Been in Allstars for 11 years. I admit I was psycho in those mini and youth years, but I have mellowed greatly. Kind of seen it all, and have learned to just go with the flow.

LOL... no, Kiki. It does NOT get better with age. The only difference is that YOU get blamed when they can't find stuff for cheerleading. I think she thinks I secretly hide her bows and uni and dress up and cheer in the mirror. :::shudder:::

Two words....CHEER DRAWER.... so that they can find their own stuff. Everyone in my family has been trained to put their cheer clothes in their cheer drawer.

I'm Kate, been a lurker mostly, but love these boards. My CP is 9 (will be 10 this summer) and we are entering her 7th year of cheer. We cheer at Indiana Ultimate in northern Indiana. I don't think our gym is super well known, but they did get 11th in small ltd. coed at Worlds this year so they are definitely up and coming! Anyway, cp was on youth 3 and jr4 last season and our tryouts are this weekend so we'll know soon about this year! Can't wait for our new season to begin!

Two words....CHEER DRAWER.... so that they can find their own stuff. Everyone in my family has been trained to put their cheer clothes in their cheer drawer.

Yes! A cheer drawer is the most important thing in our house. Spanks, sports bras, shorts and shirts all go in there. The other important item is that "wonderful" garment bag from the American Championships. The uni, spanks, bow, shoes and 2 pairs of socks go in there immediately after the last competition. So scrambling the night before or heaven forbid the day of is eliminated. When you have a mini and you drive to the venue in the early morning darkness you do not want to have to think beyond the first cup of caffeine.

LMAO! You're right, age does not help! But the shoes!!! She can't find them, "MOM!, where did you put my shoes", found them "MOM!, why did you put my shoes there?" I rarely even touch her shoes! On top of that, since she won't wear them till she gets into practice, its been more than once that we've arrived without shoes!

9 and 7th year? My math tells me she started in diapers. That must have been impressive.

She started a few days after she turned 4. Since cheer years overlap a little it sounds longer then it actually is! She started in the fall of 2004!

Hi I"M Hypeman and I am a cheeraholic lol my cp cheers for The World Famous STINGRAY ALLSTARS

Just wanted to tell you your picture is so cute w all your girls in their unis!! :)

I'm Karen...been on here a while but don't post much.
We have been involved in cheer for 7 years. CheerTrix for 3 years and now FCA Gems for 4 years.
I have 4 girls that cheer. Tryouts aren't over but it looks like I will have 2 on Diamonds (lrg sr 5) and one on Turquoise (lrg jr 5).
My oldest daughter cheered for Azusa Pacific Univ. last year and they won NCA all girl div. 3! She wasn't thrilled with college cheer and would love to go back to all stars.

If any of you California moms/dads know of anyone that lives near Azusa (Pasadena, Glendora), she would love to be on an open team at an all star gym, but needs a ride! She would of course help with gas money. Thanks!

Well, daughter is going to University of Arizona in the fall- psychology major. She will then be able to tell us how crazy we were to spend nearly ten years in allstars and school cheer! Ha! So much time and $$$ but the good times were unbelieveable...!
It sounds like she will might have a coaching gig there in Tuscon, bringing a club up to the next level...stay tuned. Cheer in our lives is far from over I believe.
Honestly, when daughter first started competing I never believed the teams she was on could win ANYTHING let alone a national...or paid worlds bids...or cash, etc. But they did it! Skill, drive, determination and some of it just pure luck. Top ten at Worlds first showing? Yes!
Someone could make a movie if they knew the whole story of cheer in Vegas- the beautiful and ugly.

Anyways, I guess I will always be "CheerDadDeluxe".

CheerMommaK...thanks! Gilroy, CA...isn't that the garlic or artichoke capitol? I remember staying there on vacation when I was a kid.

I'm Maureen. We just retired after 7 years, started Bladez in 2003 finished with Cali Allstars. It was a great ride! I'm still a cheer junkie, so I'll be attending competitions to support my friend Eddie (best cheer coach ever)! My niece is still cheering, so I won't be a complete stalker! Love ADMIN, she's one "kids" so don't be rippin' on her! I have 2 daughters 18 & 19...sad they are not cheering anymore, but I'm looking forward to a little bit of cash in my bank account!

Hi Hi! Not new to the board but wanted to say hi! This will be my cp's 6th year in allstars. she is 10 and still loves it. I do too. She cheers for FAME Allstars in Virginia Beach! We did take 1 year away from FAME to support a friend of ours who opened their allstars gym back up but decided it just wasn't "home" for us. So I think we're a lifelong FAMEous Family. Well, until she decides she's done anyway lol. Welcome to the board new moms and dads!!!

yeah uhh....forgot to mention my name is Mary! haha

I learned my lesson after the 1st time my cp got to practice and realized she's left her cheer shoes at home...We now keep an old beat up pair of nfinity's in the car just in case....lol...

LMAO! You're right, age does not help! But the shoes!!! She can't find them, "MOM!, where did you put my shoes", found them "MOM!, why did you put my shoes there?" I rarely even touch her shoes! On top of that, since she won't wear them till she gets into practice, its been more than once that we've arrived without shoes!

Back