High School Confessions Of A High School Cheerleader

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My sister graduated last year with about 600 kids in her class. They do a pretty good job trying to get through everyone in a reasonable time but no matter how fast they go itll still be long... Thought I was going to fall asleep, especially since 95% of her class went before we even got to her! The curse of a W last name...

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
Ugh this happened to me. I was like 8th from last and I had about 470 kids in my graduating class. Our district built a second high school the year before and my class got split or else there would have been about 700 kids in my graduating class.

My parents graduated in classes of 19 and 20...I'm graduating in a class of nearly 600. They're perplexed at the fact that I don't know everybody in my class! I think I'd rather not know everybody than know everything about everybody.

My parents graduated in classes of 19 and 20...I'm graduating in a class of nearly 600. They're perplexed at the fact that I don't know everybody in my class! I think I'd rather not know everybody than know everything about everybody.
That would be nice. I went to preschool with some of these kids and they all saw my middle school days...

Same! I can't remember not cheering on a track at all throughout high school.

I cheered at one stadium at a school that probably was too small to even have a track team, and I cheered once at MetLife Stadium (where the Giants and Jets play) for the state championship which obviously doesn't have a track

We do not compete, but about 4 of us do allstar! Ranging from me being on level 2(don't judge I can't tumble to save my life but I can base any level 5 stunt you throw at me) to the other 3 being full fledged solid level 4 and 5. This year it ended up that we have our dream stunt group, with me and our level 5 flyer in the same group- so we will probably do a few Independent stunt routines at local comps:) sorry to go on a rant! But no, our school will not allow us to compete as a team!

We are the best, of silver black and blue. Cowboys

My stunt groups competes as an independent when our school doesn't compete because our school won't let us use the name unless we compete with the team its annoying

I cheered at one stadium at a school that probably was too small to even have a track team, and I cheered once at MetLife Stadium (where the Giants and Jets play) for the state championship which obviously doesn't have a track
They don't have a track? Weird. We have one at Lambeau where the Packers play.

My stunt groups competes as an independent when our school doesn't compete because our school won't let us use the name unless we compete with the team its annoying
I completely understand, our school won't let us use it for anything (not even full team comps)! That's why we have to go through our gyms.

We are the best, of silver black and blue. Cowboys

MetLife is extremely new so I guess the did away with them in the NFL. I have been to colleges with tracks but never a NFL stadium
That makes sense. I've only been in one NFL stadium and it had a track so I just assumed it was the norm.

I went to a public middle school and we had 400 ish kids per grade so close to 1000 in the school...there are three middle schools in my town that all filter to one high school. So there are almost 3,000 kids in the high school (pretty sure its the second largest in Ohio). But I went to a private high school and we had 750 kids total. My class was our largest graduating class every with 190 kids and I knew everyone to the point that I knew their names and if I saw them outside of school I'd say hi. I didn't even know everyone in my class in middle school though.

I graduated with a class of 32 (largest ever). My son has a class of over 250 (Yikes). I coach at a school with a total high school population of under 100. I couldn't imagine having over 1000 kids in a school. While I would have enjoyed and welcomed larger than what I graduated with, I think anything too big and I would have been lost. I'm glad I knew everyone I went to school with and never encountered many of the problems that other, larger, schools deal with. Thank goodness for rural Illinois!! :)

I graduated with a class of 32 (largest ever). My son has a class of over 250 (Yikes). I coach at a school with a total high school population of under 100. I couldn't imagine having over 1000 kids in a school. While I would have enjoyed and welcomed larger than what I graduated with, I think anything too big and I would have been lost. I'm glad I knew everyone I went to school with and never encountered many of the problems that other, larger, schools deal with. Thank goodness for rural Illinois!! :)
I'm from rural Illinois! And I completely agree! :)

Back