All-Star Gssa, Wsf, Bubt, American Grand Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

For what it's worth, I think it's pretty awful that ASC put TG and CEA in that position. If they wanted to award the bid to someone other than Coed Elite, fine. But an EP shouldn't be allowed to skip over a division winner like that. Give it to another division or 2nd place in large senior.

I don't care if it is judge's choice.

Perfect example of why the public doesn't see cheer as a sport. Did Alabama get to go to the SEC Championship because they were the judges choice instead of Auburn? No. We lost and that's the way it works.

Where's the Tylenol?

Last edited:
I don't know the whole story, but we waited 10-20 minutes in the last award session before Stingrays showed up. Girls from my gym didn't get home until 1 or 2 AM anyway, and there were literally girls asleep on the floor. I wasn't impressed at face value, although I'm sure there was a reason.
I'm not sure what that particular situation may have been because neither of my daughter's teams were in the last awards session but if there were Rays that were late for awards there definitely had to be a legit reason. Our coaches are SUPER strict about our meeting times. The do not tolerate tardiness and all of our teams meet at least 30 minutes before awards to walk to the awards together. On another note I wish that the EPs would take into consideration how far people have to drive and that the kids usually have school the next day. Some of our friends didn't get home until 6-7am this morning and had exams today. They got home just in time to get ready for school.

I don't know the whole story, but we waited 10-20 minutes in the last award session before Stingrays showed up. Girls from my gym didn't get home until 1 or 2 AM anyway, and there were literally girls asleep on the floor. I wasn't impressed at face value, although I'm sure there was a reason.
J2 awards were supposed to start at 8, but dance awards didn't end until 8:10. The kids still had to wait around until 8:30 for J2 awards to start. We thought they said they were waiting for a deduction sheet, but it was so hard to hear the announcer I could have misunderstood him. Before our awards started they announced that the next awards were pushed back until 9:30. Of course if you showed up on time for those awards you wouldn't have heard that announcement.

J2 awards were supposed to start at 8, but dance awards didn't end until 8:10. The kids still had to wait around until 8:30 for J2 awards to start. We thought they said they were waiting for a deduction sheet, but it was so hard to hear the announcer I could have misunderstood him. Before our awards started they announced that the next awards were pushed back until 9:30. Of course if you showed up on time for those awards you wouldn't have heard that announcement.
Thank you! :)

I watched about 12 teams surrounding cp's team and twice, because of bad falls, the music was stopped and the announcer stated those teams would be able to come back and compete prior to their awards ceremony. Cp's team awards were supposed to begin at 6:30 PM and they began close to 7:00 PM. The good news: WSF has made safety a priority for our kids and isn't taking chances. The bad news: It is finals week for the majority of those kids and many couldn't fly out on Monday for that reason and were traveling all night long. Perhaps the EP's of WSF could consider competing by age level vs skill level and try to get the HS age kids out of awards by 5 or 6 PM if this is going to be the ongoing weekend of choice. Otherwise, it was our first year at WSF and we really enjoyed it!

For what it's worth, I think it's pretty awful that ASC put TG and CEA in that position. If they wanted to award the bid to someone other than Coed Elite, fine. But an EP shouldn't be allowed to skip over a division winner like that. Give it to another division or 2nd place in large senior.

Perfect example of why the public doesn't see cheer as a sport. Did Alabama get to go to the SEC Championship because they were the judges choice instead of Auburn? No. We lost and that's the way it works.

Where's the Tylenol?

Perfectly said and I could not agree more.

Where's the Tylenol?

Sadly, this isn't 100% true. I totally understand what you're saying, but the BCS point system is affected by many things (including votes) so this problem isn't just in cheerleading, although cheer is arguably one of the worst in subjectivity.

I watched about 12 teams surrounding cp's team and twice, because of bad falls, the music was stopped and the announcer stated those teams would be able to come back and compete prior to their awards ceremony. Cp's team awards were supposed to begin at 6:30 PM and they began close to 7:00 PM. The good news: WSF has made safety a priority for our kids and isn't taking chances. The bad news: It is finals week for the majority of those kids and many couldn't fly out on Monday for that reason and were traveling all night long. Perhaps the EP's of WSF could consider competing by age level vs skill level and try to get the HS age kids out of awards by 5 or 6 PM if this is going to be the ongoing weekend of choice. Otherwise, it was our first year at WSF and we really enjoyed it!
That explains more because stage B was on time if not early at 8pm. So, the teams were either on stage A or they performed after the teams on stage B were finished. I wished we knew awards were pushed back even that early in the night. We had friends waiting for us to eat dinner. I would have sent them on without us if I had known that. I was surprised kids had finals (& I felt bad for them trying to study in that chaos). My kids had finals 2 weeks ago and my old high school doesn't have them until the end of January.

Was anyone else confused that WSF listed Hall A and Hall B on the performance sheet when they really meant STAGE A & B because Stage B was in Hall A and Stage A was in Freedom Hall??? :eek:

Sadly, this isn't 100% true. I totally understand what you're saying, but the BCS point system is affected by many things (including votes) so this problem isn't just in cheerleading, although cheer is arguably one of the worst in subjectivity.

Yeah, yeah. I knew the analogy wasn't perfect. But it fit for the SEC championship, if not for the BCS.

That explains more because stage B was on time if not early at 8pm. So, the teams were either on stage A or they performed after the teams on stage B were finished. I wished we knew awards were pushed back even that early in the night. We had friends waiting for us to eat dinner. I would have sent them on without us if I had known that. I was surprised kids had finals (& I felt bad for them trying to study in that chaos). My kids had finals 2 weeks ago and my old high school doesn't have them until the end of January.

Was anyone else confused that WSF listed Hall A and Hall B on the performance sheet when they really meant STAGE A & B because Stage B was in Hall A and Stage A was in Freedom Hall??? :eek:
Yes!! I was super lost on Saturday when we got there....we found seats and got comfy where we thought we were supposed to be for level 5's, the I realized we were in the wrong place lol!!

Where's the Tylenol?

wasnt there a similar situation at WCA a few years ago involving CEA? But it was CEA that got the bid ahead of someone else that had outscored them and the EP changed the rules? Except I think CEA kept the bid?

Back