OT Gymnastic World Championship

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I absolutely love Mai Murakami from J:

I'm really not a fan of Simone Biles... I don't know what it is about her, but something about her gymastics kind of urks me lol

I like Simone I think. I think she's very powerful but at the same time she feels kind of rushed which is annoying. But I also think I'm so used to looking at the long lines of Maroney and Ross that it it makes me not like her gymnastics as much despite the fact there's no doubt that she's good

Jinnanan Yao's release move on bars. I can't even.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I know gymnasts usually have stunted growth and Asian women are typically of a smaller stature, but there is no way they can convince me she is 17. I spent two weeks in China last summer and there wasn't a drastic difference in appearance between a typical American teen and a Chinese teen. She seems much more like a prepubescent 13/14 year old to me.

I'm hoping Kyla and Simone can go 1/2 anIordache can get third. Glad everyone is looking good so far!

The Fierce Board App!
I agree - it goes beyond just being small. Looking at her face she barely looks 10. It makes me wonder if "there is something in the water" at these Chinese gyms. I was sad to see her fall on beam though.
Simone's style isn't for everyone but she is amazingly talented. I do like the long lines and grace that Kyla has better but I am just glad to see USA represented so well!

I like Simone I think. I think she's very powerful but at the same time she feels kind of rushed which is annoying. But I also think I'm so used to looking at the long lines of Maroney and Ross that it it makes me not like her gymnastics as much despite the fact there's no doubt that she's good

Jinnanan Yao's release move on bars. I can't even.

Did Yao do the Mo salto?!

I'm so sad Larisa fell on beam! I hope she can somehow make it up on floor and get bronze.

I agree - it goes beyond just being small. Looking at her face she barely looks 10. It makes me wonder if "there is something in the water" at these Chinese gyms. I was sad to see her fall on beam though.
Simone's style isn't for everyone but she is amazingly talented. I do like the long lines and grace that Kyla has better but I am just glad to see USA represented so well!

Yeah I don't believe she's 17 either...I just didn't want to be the one to say China is up to their shady tricks again because we all know how they do. She nor Jinnan look like they've either started or attempted to become "women" no hips, no nothing. I was watching Sangs floor and was like "she looks like a 12 yr old that's small for her age. There's no way she only has 1 yr old all star eligibility left".

I can't wait til they fix the FB app. I can't stand not being able to see anything i type

Did Yao do the Mo salto?!

I'm so sad Larisa fell on beam! I hope she can somehow make it up on floor and get bronze.

Is a Mo Salto like a front tuck release move on the high bar? I can't begin to tell you most of these names for skills. I quit gymnastics at the he of 4 after stepping on a staple. My mom carried me out of te gym Keri Shrugg at the '96 Olympics style

I love Larisa on floor! But I should not have started watching this because I have to leave for work soonish and I just want to know what happens!

Just jumped in with Larisa on floor. She's a joy to watch!

What was that whole delay with Mustafina and Kyla looking like she was tearing up?

Is a Mo Salto like a front tuck release move on the high bar? I can't begin to tell you most of these names for skills. I quit gymnastics at the he of 4 after stepping on a staple. My mom carried me out of te gym Keri Shrugg at the '96 Olympics style

Yeah, that's a Mo! I only really know the names from Tumblr, haha.

Hahahahaha.
:wham: This is an accurate depiction of my attempt at a gymnastics career. Didn't work out.

I feel about Simone the way I felt about Raisman. Love 'em or hate 'em, you can't deny they've got POWER. She reminds me of Dos Santos..

Simone has a wonderful floor presence like Iordache. Of the few routines I watched, they seemed to enjoy their time on the mat. She'll have a named skill by the end of her career..although I'm hoping the TTY goes to Maroney.

I feel about Simone the way I felt about Raisman. Love 'em or hate 'em, you can't deny they've got POWER. She reminds me of Dos Santos..

Simone has a wonderful floor presence like Iordache. Of the few routines I watched, they seemed to enjoy their time on the mat. She'll have a named skill by the end of her career..although I'm hoping the TTY goes to Maroney.
There is a Biles! She got the double layout with a half turn named after her at Worlds! And I'm hoping the TTY goes to Maroney too.

The second they described the "prize for elegance" I knew it'd go to Kyla. There's no other word to describe her gymnastics. And on top of it all she seems so humble

Obviously I'm super happy with the results! I few of my thoughts from today:

-YOU'RE NOT FOOLING ANYONE CHINA. If she's 17 I'm 6. (I'm 22....) I don't understand at all. She's smaller than my 11 year old sister.
-Yao's release moves on bars are awesome
-Mustafina has stellar eyeliner skills. Love her and love watching her on bars. But am I the only one who CAN'T STAND her legs on floor when she twists? ARGGHHH
-So surprised to see Iordache come off the beam. I think she's gorgeous and hope she wins beam EF if an American doesn't.
-Simone did look a little rushed and nervous today but can you blame her? It was her first Worlds in her first year of senior eligibility! And now she's a WORLD CHAMP! She's got the skills and now with a little more training the sky is the limit for her. Also her "Biles" on the floor is sick.

Overall a great competition in what could be considered a "down" year in gymnastics being the year after an Olympics. Great job to both Kyla and Simone!

I think the thing that's keeping me from loving Simone is the lack of artistry. She's powerful, and her ability to make so many of the skills look easy is crazy. There's no musicality or grace, though hopefully that will come with maturity. Girl is a beast though.

I think the thing that's keeping me from loving Simone is the lack of artistry. She's powerful, and her ability to make so many of the skills look easy is crazy. There's no musicality or grace, though hopefully that will come with maturity. Girl is a beast though.
That's one of the things I hope she picks up with time. Heck she must be doing something right to be a World Champ! I think the poise and grace will come when she learns to relax a little more. Maybe this will give her the confidence she needs. Interested to see her on event finals. I think floor is hers barring a catastrophe a la Maroney olympic vault finals.

Back