All-Star Hairgate 2015 - Mom Upset Daughter Is Off The Team Because She Wont Straighten Hair For Competitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The one I saw has the mom and girl together

This one?

1447125524693.jpg

This one?

1447125524693.jpg
Yes I would think she would want a better pic but that's just me - she obviously wanted the attention and she got it - but the media is getting the facts wrong anyway- I am just wondering who took the pic - was this the pic for the media release - I think of things like that - she is wearing what looks like a microphone

Yes I would think she would want a better pic but that's just me - she obviously wanted the attention and she got it - but the media is getting the facts wrong anyway- I am just wondering who took the pic - was this the pic for the media release - I think of things like that - she is wearing what looks like a microphone

It's just a screenshot from the video interview; I agree though, I would have done my hair and put on some nicer clothes!

It's just a screenshot from the video interview; I agree though, I would have done my hair and put on some nicer clothes!

She called the media so why didn't she look a little more put together lol if I am putting myself out there I want to look somewhat nice even if I have lost my marbles

She called the media so why didn't she look a little more put together lol if I am putting myself out there I want to look somewhat nice even if I have lost my marbles
I'm sure it was to "look" all natural. I'm mean if you're complaining about wanting to be all natural then you don't fix your hair I guess.

Really! That is not the girl! Not even close!

Kelly Mac's Blog - WJMZ - Greenville, SC

One of my former friends from college works for that station. If it weren't for the fact that I don't acknowledge her existence, I'd send her an email pointing out the glaring inaccuracy and their attempt to further sensationalize this story by blatantly using a stock photo of someone of an entirely different ethnicity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This one?

1447125524693.jpg
I think the Mom and Daughter done it right, you want to appear downtrodden and the victims...Imo, Had the Mom looked put together and nice, it would not have gotten the sympathetic audience and support to their plight... The Mom, actually comes off as the David, fighting the big bad Goliath to those that do not know anything about AS Cheerleading...Shoot, my own husband felt sympathetic to their plight and he had a daughter that cheered for 4 years... So, this look definitely helped their agenda...

Last edited:

No clue, like I said, I would have looked a whole lot more put together.

No clue, like I said, I would have looked a whole lot more put together.
We think alike lol maybe she wanted to look not put together for a reason as others have stated - but her argument was about her daughters curly hair not how the mom looks but that's just me.

We think alike lol maybe she wanted to look not put together for a reason as others have stated - but her argument was about her daughters curly hair not how the mom looks but that's just me.

I can definitely see the other side of it, but I'll be blunt for a second---the fact that she looked like a hot mess was my the first red flag, to me, that she was off her rocker. Granted I look like a hot mess most days out of the week, but not when I know there will be cameras or video cameras!

I read somewhere that the team voted to do straight hair - like all the girls on the team had a vote and straight win over curly. To me that sounds like the gym really didn't care either way if they left the matter up to a vote of pre-teen girls. And it being by a vote may have made the girl feel a little more outnumbered/bullied in some way.

I still think there are more to sides to this story than WE is 100% right and the mom is 100% wrong.

I feel bad for the girl regardless. Hopefully she is eventually able to find a new gym.

I'm curious if this is a case where girl voted for curly, lost the vote and went crying to mama.

Latest posts

Back