OT Hunger Games

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Percy Jackson....now that was a terrible book to movie adaptation. They didn't even use the same plot line. Like if the book is a best seller than what makes you think that you need to change the plot line completely in the movie. I understand leaving out back stories, unimportant details etc. but changing the whole plot line? thats just stupid.

I saw the movie first, and thought it was great. Left the movie theater and went straight out to buy the book. Read the book and got so mad about the movie.

The I Am Number Four movie doesn't even follow the same plot line either... its so annoying. And I saw a clip from the movie with Seneca Crane and President Snow talking about hope and fear and I'm just like.... "I don't remember this in the books." I mean, it could've been, but I don't remember it right now... I like MissBee's movie first, book after idea, I think I'll take that up.

PS - I love meeting fellow bookworms on here :) I could talk about books all day long. Here's to breaking those dumb, blonde cheerleader stereotypes, right?

The I Am Number Four movie doesn't even follow the same plot line either... its so annoying. And I saw a clip from the movie with Seneca Crane and President Snow talking about hope and fear and I'm just like.... "I don't remember this in the books." I mean, it could've been, but I don't remember it right now... I like MissBee's movie first, book after idea, I think I'll take that up.

PS - I love meeting fellow bookworms on here :) I could talk about books all day long. Here's to breaking those dumb, blonde cheerleader stereotypes, right?
same here! i get so excited hahah

From the reviews/whatever I've been reading there will be quite a bit of that. We know the book was told from Katniss' perspective so we were only able read about what she experienced, but the movie apparently expands on the book. I'm not saying it strays from the original plot line. Everything I've read says it contains all the original content and then some. IE: (this is just from clips in TV spots) we get to see the Gamemakers behind the scenes actually making the game while the tributes are inthe arena.

ETA: I don't think any of that makes sense.

From the reviews/whatever I've been reading there will be quite a bit of that. We know the book was told from Katniss' perspective so we were only able read about what she experienced, but the movie apparently expands on the book. I'm not saying it strays from the original plot line. Everything I've read says it contains all the original content and then some. IE: (this is just from clips in TV spots) we get to see the Gamemakers behind the scenes actually making the game while the tributes are inthe arena.

ETA: I don't think any of that makes sense.

Cool! Just last night I was saying how it would be cool to see the Hunger Games from other's perspectives....what did Prim see? What about Gale? The Gamemakers?

Cool! Just last night I was saying how it would be cool to see the Hunger Games from other's perspectives....what did Prim see? What about Gale? The Gamemakers?
I hope they show her family and gale watching the tv at different times during the game

I heard they are making sea of monsters in a movie. If I thought Percy looked to old before I can't imagine how old he will look in this one....

You all should go to get Masters in Library Science and become librarians like I did.

Well, where I live they filmed the Hunger Games here:) Literally 2 minutes from my house, the cast was at the Subway a minute from my house and no one knew, it was kept like such a huge secret. I didn't know until they left that they were here so this summer everyone is trying to be extras and stuff. I really need to read the series when I have time, I had heard about them but never in detail until recently. It seems really dark and demented, something I don't like, but I said the same thing about Twilight and loved it. I don't think it'll replace Harry Potter. Some kids at school were trying to say that, but their argument is invalid since they've only seen the movies and read 1 book in like the 2nd grade.

Well, where I live they filmed the Hunger Games here:) Literally 2 minutes from my house, the cast was at the Subway a minute from my house and no one knew, it was kept like such a huge secret. I didn't know until they left that they were here so this summer everyone is trying to be extras and stuff. I really need to read the series when I have time, I had heard about them but never in detail until recently. It seems really dark and demented, something I don't like, but I said the same thing about Twilight and loved it. I don't think it'll replace Harry Potter. Some kids at school were trying to say that, but their argument is invalid since they've only seen the movies and read 1 book in like the 2nd grade.
Hehe they'll be back in August/September... Fingers crossed.

I read HG and CF in three days last week. Bahaha, I started the first one on a whim...and couldnt stop. I'm trying to wait a little while to buy Mockingjay, mostly because I don't want it to end :rolleyes:

TEAM GALE

I read HG and CF in three days last week. Bahaha, I started the first one on a whim...and couldnt stop. I'm trying to wait a little while to buy Mockingjay, mostly because I don't want it to end :rolleyes:

TEAM GALE

Not telling you who she picks but, There really isn't a team anything due to the fact that everything gets set and stone. :)

Don't understand why theres TEAM whatever..in Twilight when its not like shes going to write a new book and make bella fall in love with jacob all the sudden. lol

Back