All-Star J5 Returning To Worlds Next Year?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I didn't say it was easy to field a competitive worlds team. I merely said obtaining a worlds bid is statistically easier than obtaining a summit bid.

Janktastic allstars small senior 5 with 5 total running fulls (and there are several of them when you watch prelims at worlds) can get a bid for worlds. But I guarantee you if that same exact team competed Senior 4 at the same competition they got their worlds bid at, they would have a VERY hard time walking away with a summit bid.

I could give a this-year example of that scenario, but. . .

:enjoyshow:
Oh boy, tread lightly on this commentary... Level 1s are going to tell you there cp works just as hard as level5, which no one is disputing, but...
That isn't what I'm saying at all. But I think we can agree that achieving as high of a percentage of perfection from kids 14 and under on an unrestricted level 5 is less likely than at other levels, right?

I
That isn't what I'm saying at all. But I think we can agree that achieving as high of a percentage of perfection from kids 14 and under on an unrestricted level 5 is less likely than at other levels, right?
I knew what you meant, but did not want you to get attack for saying something that can be misconstrued... But I got slapped with a negative rating instead...

PS: Whatever happen to free speech... Go ahead kill the messenger, but the message still the same and lives forever...

Level 1s are going to tell you there cp works just as hard as level5, which no one is disputing, but...

But actually someone WAS disputing it in the other thread. She literally said level 5 works the hardest. *That* was what everyone was mad about.

But actually someone WAS disputing it in the other thread. She literally said level 5 works the hardest. *That* was what everyone was mad about.

I'm assuming the truthfulness of the statement isn't relevant, just whether it "offends" someone.

Question: Do international elite gymnasts generally work harder than level 2 gymnasts?

Level 1 has the hardest tumbling skill. Backwalkovers are physically impossible. Anyone who can do them is basically a magician.

My husband started taking an adult tumbling class and got his back tuck in just a couple of classes. CP was kind of mad because it took her years to get to her level and it only took him a few weeks. I told her to ask him to do a front or back walkover next time they are in the gym together. He tried and they got a good laugh out of it.

There are a couple of girls on CP's team who can't do back walkovers. They can do back-bend kickovers, but not walkovers. At least not without the coach standing there spotting them.

I'm assuming the truthfulness of the statement isn't relevant, just whether it "offends" someone.
Well it didn't offend (or not offend) me either way. I was just clarifying for pebbles49 because she said no one was disputing it, and they were, for pages of the other thread. So the only relevant thing to me was that she said "which no one is disputing."

I won't comment in detail on who I think works hardest, because I don't feel like having a 5 page argument. But I've had my kids on mini 1, youth 1 and 2, junior 2, and senior 2, 3, 4.2, and 5. And there was a very clear difference in the level of work put in.

*Maybe next year when my kid is back on level 1 I'll feel differently. [emoji15] But in all actuality, I only care if my kid and her teammates are working hard. I am not overly concerned with what level of work some other team in another division at another gym is putting in.

(Side note - despite her "hard work," no matter what level my daughter ends up on... I'll be ecstatic if it's one that can't go to summit anymore. I'm all good with NOT going to Disney world right now. I'd much rather take a vacation)

Last edited:
Summit Bids are without a doubt MUCH harder to obtain then worlds bids. And a paid summit bid Holy Cow. Some of the large programs who are throwing the at large bids away like trash with the attitudes that they would never take SOME of their kids on at large bids really need to be brought back to earth. Summit bids and a Worlds bids are not comparable world bids are much easier to get.

Well it didn't offend (or not offend) me either way. I was just clarifying for pebbles49 because she said no one was disputing it, and they were, for pages of the other thread. So the only relevant thing to me was that she said "which no one is disputing."

I won't comment in detail on who I think works hardest, because I don't feel like having a 5 page argument. But I've had my kids on mini 1, youth 1 and 2, junior 2, and senior 2, 3, 4.2, and 5. And there was a very clear difference in the level of work put in.

*Maybe next year when my kid is back on level 1 I'll feel differently. [emoji15] But in all actuality, I only care if my kid and her teammates are working hard. I am not overly concerned with what level of work some other team in another division at another gym is putting in.

(Side note - despite her "hard work," no matter what level my daughter ends up on... I'll be ecstatic if it's one that can't go to summit anymore. I'm all good with NOT going to Disney world right now. I'd much rather take a vacation)
I'm sure you've talked about this in the parent forum, but if she actually DOES come back, no matter what level- I'm so thrilled :D :cheering:

I'm sure you've talked about this in the parent forum, but if she actually DOES come back, no matter what level- I'm so thrilled :D :cheering:
Oh haha - it may have been in parents. Her dance team is doing a new format next year, with an "elite" competition team and a "show" team that will only perform. She wants to compete. It is very doubtful that she will make elite, since she's only been there for a little over a year, and they're taking just 10 kids for it.

On the way home from her tumbling private the other night (yes, tumbling private. Her favorite coach moved back to Chicago so she's working with him) she says "If I don't get to compete, I think I really want to go back to cheer next year. Really the only thing I've liked this year is competitions. If I'm not doing that..."

We're not deciding anything yet. But obviously, this mama is scouting out gyms again! (her old gym is no more, so she can't go back there)

Pretty sure she'd be back on level 1 or 2, but I think that's a good place to start since they don't work too hard! [emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12]

Summit Bids are without a doubt MUCH harder to obtain then worlds bids. And a paid summit bid Holy Cow. Some of the large programs who are throwing the at large bids away like trash with the attitudes that they would never take SOME of their kids on at large bids really need to be brought back to earth. Summit bids and a Worlds bids are not comparable world bids are much easier to get.

Yes, it is extremely hard to qualify for Summit. That doesn't automatically make it worth going to - nor does it automatically mean you build your entire season around going to Varsity branded events to get as many teams there as possible. Varsity generally puts on solid events, but they certainly aren't the only game in town.

Question: Do international elite gymnasts generally work harder than level 2 gymnasts?

Yes and no.

If an international elite gymnast is working towards a quad full and a level 2 is working towards a tuck (don't know the tumbling fr gym level 2 so sorry if this is wrong) then technically both gymnasts are working towards a tumbling skill that they currently do not have/have never landed before.

For level 3 cheerleaders, mastering a full up will require lots of mental and physical hard work. For a level 5 cheerleader, learning a double up will require lots of mental and physical hard work.

What I'm trying to say is basically - the way I see it, despite the skill themselves being harder (quad full vs tuck, full up vs double up) the amount of hard work put into each will be similar, since, at that moment, that skill is the hardest skill for that athlete.

I understand that a higher level gymnast could have more days in the gym/more workouts/more travelling etc, which is why I said yes and no to the bolded statement :)

Back