All-Star J5 Returning To Worlds Next Year?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have to call some people on the carpet for hypocrisy,,, why be upset that I chop off the level 1s when @amy1k, a whole Mini division were chopped off, hmm, many of these athletes been working for a good 3 years and just cannot seem to move up a division, not only that, Mini 3 have been totally wiped off the USASF scope, ashes to ashes, dust to dust, No memoriams, no time of moaning, just gone, goodbye! I don't recall anyone upset by leaving Minis out of Summit...

PS: Tbh, my daughter was on a dynamo Jr1 team her 1st year in the sport and I believe, would probably had been contenders at Summit, but I still believe that level 1s should stay home... Why get mad over that, but leave the Minis out...Whyyy?

All coaches that want to drag a mini team around for a bid THEN take them to Disney World raise your hand....
When my middle cp was on CA Bobcats Mini 1 (2009) they got a bid to UCA, there was no vote the TM texted immediately "we are not going to Disney World". No one wanted to deal with transporting a team of 6-8 year olds to Florida[emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can say that getting a summit bid for any 5 has to be harder than for other levels since so many EPs are changing the awarding of bids based upon percentage of perfection. It's harder to equal the percentage of perfection of a lower level team that doesn't have as difficult stunts/tumbling and might also have a slower paced routine etc

:enjoyshow:
I can say that getting a summit bid for any 5 has to be harder than for other levels since so many EPs are changing the awarding of bids based upon percentage of perfection. It's harder to equal the percentage of perfection of a lower level team that doesn't have as difficult stunts/tumbling and might also have a slower paced routine etc
Oh boy, tread lightly on this commentary... Level 1s are going to tell you there cp works just as hard as level5, which no one is disputing, but...

I'm torn....In my opinion, Worlds has lost some of the prestige it once had in its first five or six years. I now liken it to a chaotic frat party with too many people who end up trashing the frat house and leaving. However, it IS Worlds after all and I still love it for what it's supposed to represent.

The Summit may not seem as "prestigious" to a Junior 5-aged team, but let me tell you, that's a shame. The organization, production value, and overall sense of continuity and planning far exceeds where we're at with Worlds right now.

I doubt there is a J5 kid that doesn't want to go to summit. I've never heard of one saying it was less prestigious. It's just a ton harder for them to max out a scoresheet to earn a bid when they're the only division competiting for one on a non-restricted 5 score sheet.

All coaches that want to drag a mini team around for a bid THEN take them to Disney World raise your hand....
When my middle cp was on CA Bobcats Mini 1 (2009) they got a bid to UCA, there was no vote the TM texted immediately "we are not going to Disney World". No one wanted to deal with transporting a team of 6-8 year olds to Florida[emoji6]

3 years ago we took our Mini 3 to Disney- first team from CEA to compete at UCA. Best. Experience. Ever. Those kids had a blast. Time with CSP and Ben- by themselves! No other teams! I truly believe that is why so many of those Mini 3 kids are now on YE. They felt loved and appreciated. Now, is herding Minis much like herding cats- yes. But it can be done, and create an amazing experience for that age kid. Just my experience.

The only thing I want to know is if they bring junior's back to worlds will it be like before?? What most people don't realize is juniors use to be international which means only 3 US junior teams advanced to finals. You could sit and watch teams from other countries only throw back hand springs and fall all over the place and still make finals, yet 15 US teams out scored them and didn't make day 2. My CP went to junior worlds twice and because they were an international division she didn't make finals. Yeah could have done without that expense

omg I remember that! It was our first year so I was CLUELESS! That would have been the trip from he double L.

Level 1 teams don't work as hard, so they don't really deserve to go, I don't think.
Level 1 teams don't work hard? Really? I think you'd be thinking differently if you were the parent of a level 1 athlete or coached a level 1 team.

Nvm I should have read through the whole thread before I commented. My apologies. Lots of people think level 1 athletes don't deserve as much and I find that so insulting. I coached mini 1 last year and I loved watching my girls progress from barely able to do a forward roll to ending the season with 15/16 backwalkover and 4 of those also got handsprings 1 running.

I think if they had J5 it would be a gong show at worlds. I think they'd have to have Thursday be ICU and then Friday/saturday/ Sunday be Worlds.

Last edited:
The only thing I want to know is if they bring junior's back to worlds will it be like before?? What most people don't realize is juniors use to be international which means only 3 US junior teams advanced to finals. You could sit and watch teams from other countries only throw back hand springs and fall all over the place and still make finals, yet 15 US teams out scored them and didn't make day 2. My CP went to junior worlds twice and because they were an international division she didn't make finals. Yeah could have done without that expense
Ya but you have to remember that some of these other countries practice on wrestling mats and on spring floors etc. they should get a chance if they are the best in their country to be able to compete too. But I do think it's a bit silly to only allow 3.

Level 1 has the hardest tumbling skill. Backwalkovers are physically impossible. Anyone who can do them is basically a magician.
I can compete any level, including 6, except lvl 1. I can not even do a bridge kick over much less a back walkover. Something about throwing myself backwards with one foot still attached to ground scares the bejesus out of me. No thank you!

Especially those back walkovers that are becoming more common now where they switch their legs halfway through...no way.

Are you kidding me?! Those are a thing? I couldn't even do a bridge kick over!

Every time a coach tried to get me to do a back walkover on the wedge mat I mentally said "Lolololol yeah f-ing right" and then fell on my face.

Back