All-Star J5 Returning To Worlds Next Year?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Summit Bids are without a doubt MUCH harder to obtain then worlds bids. And a paid summit bid Holy Cow. Some of the large programs who are throwing the at large bids away like trash with the attitudes that they would never take SOME of their kids on at large bids really need to be brought back to earth. Summit bids and a Worlds bids are not comparable world bids are much easier to get.

Yes they are harder to get, but a lot of gyms say they won't go without a paid bid for the sole reason of cost. Not because it's "beneath them". It's not an event that you can put on your competition schedule and say "save money, we ARE going to this comp", because there's a good chance you might not get a bid. If that's the case, and Summit Bids are like Worlds Bids, you can "decline" an at large bid and it will be passed down to another team, giving someone else who might want an at-large the chance. But just because a team is from a large/mega gym, doesn't mean their parents have more money than the average small gym parent.

**There may be some gyms that feel the way you described, but my point was to give a different perspective.

Level 1 has the hardest tumbling skill. Backwalkovers are physically impossible. Anyone who can do them is basically a magician.
Ha! So true! My J5 CP (can someone tell me what CP stands for?) can throw and whip combo through to double, a standing full, a punch front arabian through to double but NOT a back walkover to save her life. You are so right!

Hey everyone, don't get caught up in the level 1 vs. others dispute. As usual , @Fierce_DeLite /Pebbles is trying to veil snarky comments directed to me. She has pretty much quoted comments from two old threads where I dared to disagree with her and ever since she has tried to get a rise out of me . The fact that she is talking about a "3 year minis not being able to get to the next level" was not a coincidence. Neither is the fact that she keeps rating my posts as bullying and then taking it back when called out about. This has been going on for months.

Seriously Pebbles, it is time to grow up. You think that you are winning at this game, but, the sad part is that you don't know that you are the only one playing it.

Ha! So true! My J5 CP (can someone tell me what CP stands for?) can throw and whip combo through to double, a standing full, a punch front arabian through to double but NOT a back walkover to save her life. You are so right!

They are so hard! Id be more impressed with a full team of level 5s doing multiple BWOs than full team standing fulls.

Also, CP stands for Cheer Princess/Prince. Basically a way of referring to their kid without using the name.

Yes, it is extremely hard to qualify for Summit. That doesn't automatically make it worth going to - nor does it automatically mean you build your entire season around going to Varsity branded events to get as many teams there as possible. Varsity generally puts on solid events, but they certainly aren't the only game in town.
What other events are you a fan of that you feel are put on at a similar production level or carry the same amount of excitement for gyms/athletes? :)

They are so hard! Id be more impressed with a full team of level 5s doing multiple BWOs than full team standing fulls.

Also, CP stands for Cheer Princess/Prince. Basically a way of referring to their kid without using the name.
If that was a requirement my daughters team would lose. LOL And THANK YOU for the CP clarification!

Hey everyone, don't get caught up in the level 1 vs. others dispute. As usual , @Fierce_DeLite /Pebbles is trying to veil snarky comments directed to me. She has pretty much quoted comments from two old threads where I dared to disagree with her and ever since she has tried to get a rise out of me . The fact that she is talking about a "3 year minis not being able to get to the next level" was not a coincidence. Neither is the fact that she keeps rating my posts as bullying and then taking it back when called out about. This has been going on for months.

Seriously Pebbles, it is time to grow up. You think that you are winning at this game, but, the sad part is that you don't know that you are the only one playing it.

If you actually have a 3 y/o, bless you.

Really.

I get tired just being asked to take a Tiny or Mini kid to the restroom at a comp. They're crazy.

Last edited:
If you actually have a 3 y/o mini, bless you.

Really.

I get tired just being asked to take a Tiny or Mini kid to the restroom at a comp. They're crazy.

I think her child has been ON minis for three years. The opinion has been brought up previously that those children who aren't excelling at a rate prescribed by certain parents should find other activities for which that child might be better suited. [emoji6] (NOT MY OPINION [emoji5]️)

People actually do this on these boards? Wow. I'm literally shocked. I wouldn't even tolerate my child acting like that. Holy smokes. So passive/aggressive. Weird. Thanks for the heads up. :sharkchase:

If anyone wants to post some links to their favorite J5 routines/teams from years past.. I'd love to watch them!

If you want to see full squad BWO then watch any Michigan HS cheer. Watch Rochester HS 2009(?) state championship round 2. The most beautiful full squad BWO I've ever seen.

This really makes you start wondering statistics on how many crossovers you have from J5 to S5.... I know the age gap is kinda slim (compared to say, youth and junior), but assuming J5 did go back to worlds, surely they wouldn't allow crossovers, right? I can't help but wonder if that would affect the amount of awesome junior 5 teams we saw because like it or not, we know when given the option most age eligible level 5 kids will want to be senior. (Not related, but junior is my favorite age division. I love watching junior teams and will hopefully have the opportunity to coach one next year!)

Well it didn't offend (or not offend) me either way. I was just clarifying for pebbles49 because she said no one was disputing it, and they were, for pages of the other thread. So the only relevant thing to me was that she said "which no one is disputing."

I won't comment in detail on who I think works hardest, because I don't feel like having a 5 page argument. But I've had my kids on mini 1, youth 1 and 2, junior 2, and senior 2, 3, 4.2, and 5. And there was a very clear difference in the level of work put in.

*Maybe next year when my kid is back on level 1 I'll feel differently.
emoji15.png
But in all actuality, I only care if my kid and her teammates are working hard. I am not overly concerned with what level of work some other team in another division at another gym is putting in.

(Side note - despite her "hard work," no matter what level my daughter ends up on... I'll be ecstatic if it's one that can't go to summit anymore. I'm all good with NOT going to Disney world right now. I'd much rather take a vacation)
Before I comment, @Just-aMom, thank you for addressing me by Pebbles49. .. After careful thought and consideration, if an athlete is really at level their perception of the routine they are performing will be that those skills are just as hard as the next higher level teams routine... just like some level 5 athletes are able to perform standing tucks, double fulls with ease, but are not able to do back walkovers... Everything is relevant to the amount of experience an athletes have that determines the amount of work required...@

Excuse me @mamabear, but I need to let you in on the fact, that you are not my Sun and my Earth does not revolve around you, everything I think and say, does not have you in the bottom line, matter of fact, I seldom, think of you at all, unless, I am tagged by you, whining about something I said years ago... You keep harping on some statement that you misconstrued, I allegedly made 15 thousand years ago, in an example of me being Devil's Advocate, asking and wondering, if a athlete does not progress at a certain level, should a parent start thinking about another sport for that child, especially, if that sport is expensive... You been on this tirade and held on to this every since and trying to drag in a herd of others to join in to gang up on me, but I am not going to stay in the past, continue to apologize for something or stroke your ego anymore over this issue... you can choose to live in the past, but you are not going to drag me in the past with you, nope, not going to happen and another thing I refuse to have you pick on me first and run and try to build a consensus against me when I respond... If you do not poke me, I won't poke back harder...Perhaps, you are the one with a grudge against me for some reason, which you know, but if I mentioned it, Fb will light up...so I won't...

PS: Again, We already mutually agree to dislike each other and stay in our own lanes, so why you trying to invade my lane???..

Last edited:
Back