All-Star J5 Returning To Worlds Next Year?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

When J5 used to compete at Worlds did they have to compete for at large and paid bids with the rest of the senior and international teams? How did the bid process work for them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When J5 used to compete at Worlds did they have to compete for at large and paid bids with the rest of the senior and international teams? How did the bid process work for them?

They submitted videos and teams were picked that way, I don't remember if they were given paid bids or not though or if it was just at-large.

In 2007 my team competed at Spirit Festival Nationals in CT to get our bid to worlds however I believe that the time junior teams were not eligible for paid bids. Video entry's followed after soon after. Just like the cheer industry today with rules, scores, and age grids the process changed every year lol.

On another note does anyone recall that both GBE Lime and Cali Smoed started as amazing junior teams that competed at Worlds? GBE's original senior team was pink and then Lime moved to sm senior as that groups of kids moved up. Cali Ventura's team wasn't called Smoed at the time but the following season they became Smoed and look at them now with 3 worlds titles (4 if you count juniors) under their belt. I truly believe that having had junior teams that competed at Worlds this gave those 2 programs that opportunity to build reputable senior aged worlds teams. Programs today aren't afforded such opportunities.

In 2007 my team competed at Spirit Festival Nationals in CT to get our bid to worlds however I believe that the time junior teams were not eligible for paid bids. Video entry's followed after soon after. Just like the cheer industry today with rules, scores, and age grids the process changed every year lol.

On another note does anyone recall that both GBE Lime and Cali Smoed started as amazing junior teams that competed at Worlds? GBE's original senior team was pink and then Lime moved to sm senior as that groups of kids moved up. Cali Ventura's team wasn't called Smoed at the time but the following season they became Smoed and look at them now with 3 worlds titles (4 if you count juniors) under their belt. I truly believe that having had junior teams that competed at Worlds this gave those 2 programs that opportunity to build reputable senior aged worlds teams. Programs today aren't afforded such opportunities.

Yep, this was where Smoed "started" their reign as a JC5 team.

It's funny because I still get that Smoed vibe from the routine. Solid, clean, but difficult.

Stingrays Green 2010 is also a great team. They went to Worlds that year, too. I think last pass is Angel Rice when she was junior aged.

Yep, this was where Smoed "started" their reign as a JC5 team.

It's funny because I still get that Smoed vibe from the routine. Solid, clean, but difficult.

Stingrays Green 2010 is also a great team. They went to Worlds that year, too. I think last pass is Angel Rice when she was junior aged.

didn't she go to the summit with green last year as a crossover? my goodness this girl never ages. crazy how young she still is.

I wish there was a video of their day 2 at Worlds. If I remember they made a big routine change that everyone went:jawdrop:
But I can't remember what it was (I want to say it was 2 man full ups).

I edited my post to be sure I don't inadvertently hurt the feelings of another level 1 athlete. [emoji6] Again, my own child attended the Summit as one.

Back