All-Star Jamfest Indy - Large Sr - The War Has Begun!!!!!!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

And the winner is....

• Total voters
you aren't going to shimmy that post are you...

Nope...you have way too many shimmy's. Don't want you thinking your special or something :p

oh my, thanks for the mid-afternoon treat boys. reading this was a joy.

now... everyone back in your corners.

I'm not touchy promise, was just my opinion. Honestly, if people just ignored what they didn't want to see and never commented or posted an opinion this really wouldn't be much of a discussion forum now would it? Just to clarify I wasn't trying to make a negative post towards SE either so I hope it wasn't taken that way. I would have said the same thing if it was BackWoods Podunk Allstars Elite that we were discussing who had changed this and that. I just feel the girls are talented and do a much better job showing what has changed, then a spectator telling someone their break down of a routine they watched is incorrect because the routine changed since Video A.

This is where i have an issue. if we were baseball fans... and we were talking about our favorite teams. and im arguing about the yankees being awesome... and.... i dont think NC has a team, but i'll make one up... We'll call them the Teal Birds.. You would have absolutely no issue with me saying... oh the yankees have no problem with tonights game because last time Pitcher X from the TBs played, he completely sucked and the team they played got 20 hits off him. people say that ALL the time. so why when im talking about cheerleading am i not allowed to bring up the last competition?

thats would be about an individual performance. I think of it more like you cant predict what the Patriots game plan will be week to week. they change it depending on who they are playing. You can say yeah their defense played like crap in that 3-4 but what happens when they come out in a 4-3 or play a cover 2 that you havent seen.

I give teams death stares and try to make things go wrong with the powers of my mind all the time. All this time I thought I was the only one :confused:

Ahhh me too. Thats why i cant watch teams i like stunt because the stunt i look at always falls.

thats would be about an individual performance. I think of it more like you cant predict what the Patriots game plan will be week to week. they change it depending on who they are playing. You can say yeah their defense played like crap in that 3-4 but what happens when they come out in a 4-3 or play a cover 2 that you havent seen.

then youre surprised and thats great.... so why don't you guys let me be surprised. EVERYTHING in most aspects of everything is based on history....

like a mother may not give their child an extension on their curfew because last time they stayed out late, they got drunk. the mom doesnt care if you've changed on the inside, you need to prove yourself.

stocks and the economy... based on history.

everything is based on what you have seen.... so stop trying to make cheerleading different. we are basing things on what we see. when what we see changes.... so might our opinions.

Im bias I choose F5 because im obsessed... But JamBrands love an overall show so I think
1.F5
2.SE/WCSS
3.WCSS/SE
4.FCA
But who know's wish all teams the best of luck!! Hope everyone hits!

then youre surprised and thats great.... so why don't you guys let me be surprised. EVERYTHING in most aspects of everything is based on history....

like a mother may not give their child an extension on their curfew because last time they stayed out late, they got drunk. the mom doesnt care if you've changed on the inside, you need to prove yourself.

stocks and the economy... based on history.

everything is based on what you have seen.... so stop trying to make cheerleading different. we are basing things on what we see. when what we see changes.... so might our opinions.

Okay

I'm not touchy promise, was just my opinion. Honestly, if people just ignored what they didn't want to see and never commented or posted an opinion this really wouldn't be much of a discussion forum now would it? Just to clarify I wasn't trying to make a negative post towards SE either so I hope it wasn't taken that way. I would have said the same thing if it was BackWoods Podunk Allstars Elite that we were discussing who had changed this and that. I just feel the girls are talented and do a much better job showing what has changed, then a spectator telling someone their break down of a routine they watched is incorrect because the routine changed since Video A.

I disagree and feel quite empoyered to add the information. You seem to feel the need to make the same post every time I post practice observations. As Rich says, history counts. When you are discussing BackWoods or anyone else but SE, you won't see my opinion. That said, 8 baskets, 5 sequential jumps to tuck as of today, so make a little mental note when you watch them and remember my post. I'll give you a little hint about the other changes as they become incorporated if you like.

Sorry if you feel my posts are always directed at you. With the new board not showing avatars I rarely pay attention to the name of who posts (maybe ignorance on my part). However that being said, we obviously can do nothing other than agree to disagree. You will continue to post your opinion that peoples observations of a video are wrong because you make observations from the gym, and I will continue to think it is unnecessary. I guess I would understand if your posts about changes were in reply to someones opinion of their routine as whole year entity rather than just replies to peoples observations from a video. End of discussion though no need for me to elaborate anymore on how I feel.

As a side note. I agree with Rich about the whole "surprise" topic. A) Why not let their fans be surprised rather than having them know whats coming B) why post their changes? Just a thought using the jump changes as an example. If your opponent looks at your routine and says hmmmm we're pretty evenly matched skill for skill but we got them in jumps. Wouldn't you rather have them keep thinking they have you there with their hurdler-pike-toe backs, instead of basically telling them....HEY UP YOUR JUMPS BECAUSE NOW WE DO FIVE JUMPS TO BACK. Just attempting to shed light on the situation from a fan or competitor stand point, rather than just a spectator.

Confused as to why the bickering started. Rich made his breakdown observations based on what has been seen on the mat thus far. If you are not part of the gym of course that is what you will have seen, so how the heck do you expect him to know that things changed? It would have been really easy to just say "well nice breakdowns but the routine that will be brought to Indy has changed so the breakdown may change." Instead people must bicker because someone OUTSIDE of the gym didn't know of updates.
It seems like anytime Rich makes a post that involves CEA he is automatically the bad guy and I just don't understand it. If he made a downright horrible post about CEA I could understand, but he hasn't even said anything negative about anyone. He took a scoresheet and wrote how he thought the routines would measure up.

People need to get their panties out of their butts and stop taking things so serious
internetseriousbusiness02.jpg

As a side note. I agree with Rich about the whole "surprise" topic. A) Why not let their fans be surprised rather than having them know whats coming

You do realize that 99.9% of the people that will watch these routines will have never read this board, don't you? If there happpens to be a coach that may judge, or a judge that reads these threads, I just want them to hear something other than Rich's pov and be sure to keep their eyes open and note the routine. Sometimes, after a long day of judging routines, your impression going in can cloud your powers of observation. I am a hack for SE, he is just as much a hack for SS. If you happen to like his pov, fine, but it is never an attempt to be objective. No problems with being a hack for a program or team BTW, but all hacks have agendas. And remember, without parents and spectators coughing up the money to pay the bills, you have no sport, so don't minimize the opinions of those that observe, often they are insightful and accurate. Even when they are hacks.

Back