All-Star Naive Cheer Hair Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Lazydaisytoo

Cheer Parent
Mar 2, 2013
The girls with the really long, curled hair. Like full teams of them. Is that real hair? Or extensions?

My CP has such fine hair, I think it will never grow past the bottom of her shoulder blades. It breaks off like crazy, even though she tries to be as gentle with it as possible. Moisturizing shampoos and conditioners, less frequent washing, limited heat, no color, biotin supplements, etc.

We usually do poof and straight pony for comps, but we did one with curled pony, and she looked kind of silly with such a little amount of hair. I'm afraid if they go to the half up curled with a poof, it will look even worse. Am I crazy to consider popping tracks in her head? And if so, are clips secure enough, or should we go for sew in?

I will tell you that most of the girls I know use extensions. Over half of my daughter's LAG5 team, including my CP, use clip in extensions. It adds length and volume.
Do you use the Lush Locks, or a different brand? I've seen good reviews on the LL, but the color we'd need is on preorder, and I don't like to do that with a company I've never ordered from before. And 1 set or 2?

We bought ours at Sallys Beauty. We have 1 set, but because she has a "thinner" head, we only use 2 of the 5 that came with the set. Since we usually wear high pony's, it is hard to hide the clips if we use more than that. Additionally, we ordered the 18". I will say that next time, I will buy individual clips versus the whole set. Also, paying the money for real hair is really worth it. I would buy the brush they suggest, but not the shampoo/conditioner. A gentle shampoo/conditioner will work just fine. Make sure to take good care of them, be gentle, and they should last a season or two, depending on the amount of comps you attend.

From the pictures I've seen, it looks like some wear extensions. Just out of curiousity, does your daughter deep condition w/heat, too?

Oh Lord.......don't ask me to add another expense to my cheer budget. LMAO
It adds up quickly, doesn't it?

I remember taking Cp into nursery school and seeing 3 yo girls with hair down to their butts. Mine had maybe a chin length bob, and I rarely had it trimmed!

I did a drawstring ponytail for my daughter this season and just secured it either by sewing or pinning it in. Ironically, her hair is longer than the actual ponytail but we kept using it to minimize the damage to her own hair.
If my CP had to do a half up, half down, I'd probably do extensions as well simply because her hair doesn't hold a curl too well. Plus extensions make you feel pretty for some reason.

My middle one have been harassing her into doing lashes but she's holding out on us. We hope to break her down in the next 5 years. LMAO

Back