All-Star Panthers Not Cali?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I just want to congratulate panthers on what I thought was a well deserved win on their part! I think those girls definitely deserved to take home the gold medal! Here is my breakdown as to why! This is all from finals Day.

STANDING TUMBLING
Panthers Cali
3 toe fulls 1 toe full/ 2 to double
6 standing fulls 3 standing fulls
8 two to fulls 4 two to fulls/5 one to fulls/1 to LAYOUT
3 three to doubles 4 three to doubles
7 two to doubles 3 one to doubles/2 two to whip doubles.

The one thing people should understand about this section is use of the team! I would like to point out that California's star tumbler does THREE standing tumbling passes. (toe full 2 to double, standing one to double, then her crazy elite standing pass) THIS GIRL SHOULD HAVE JUST COMPETED AN INDIVIDUAL!!! ALSO, the 2 two to whip doubles already did one to doubles. is this necessary too? Cali also had two cart wheel fulls but one girl proceeded to do a three to double and the other did a two to full. IMO Cali is doing WAY TOO much for no reason. Panthers triple the amount of toe fulls, double the amount of standing fulls. On cali There were 14 girls that did a standing pass to a twist, meaning 6 girls didnt standing tumble. 3 girls on cali did more than one standing tumbling pass. On panthers 18 girls did a standing pass to twist and one that didnt competed a toe full. (she couldnt do the two to double due to an injury which she competed at NCA) IMO panthers MURDERED the standing tumbling section and also IMO had Noticeably better execution! ONLY 1 girl on panthers didnt standing to twist, while on Cali 6 girls didnt standing to twist.

RUNNING TUMBLING
Panthers CALI
13 running doubles 3 running doubles
8 running fulls 7 running fulls
3 specialty to full 4 specialty to full
4 specialty to double 3 specialty to double

Panthers choreographed a very short running tumbling section right before the stunt which was VERY smart of them. These girls demonstrate right off the bat that they half HALF of the squad doing a running double WOW!!! with this section aside THEY STILL outscore Cali in running tumbling as you can see above. 2 girls dont running tumble on panthers while 3 girls dont running tumble on Cali. Panthers also have more specialty to doubles. There is No question that Panthers should have outscored Cali in running tumbling. period.

JUMPS
Panthers CALI
1 girl doesn't jump ( due to injury) 3 girls dont jump(those girls are getting ready to do a 2nd standing pass?)
1 girl doesn't flip.
4 well executed jumps to a back 5 IMO less executed, bouncy jumps to a back
and later transition to another jump

In this section panthers timing, and technique in Legs and ARMS i find to be better than Cali's! People may disagree with this however I find it very hard too! Panthers should have outscored Cali in jumps as well.

BASKETS
Panthers CALI
7 KICK KICK double baskets 2 kick kick double baskets
2 Pike arches 3 kick double baskets
1 pike star open 2 kick hitch arch
1 toe touch

IMO Panthers Out score Cali in baskets. Panthers demonstrate maximum amount of KICK KICK double (5 ELITE) baskets. In this section Cali only does 2!! (center and far right) They each do three variety basket however panthers do 2 more KICK KICK doubles in the opening during the standing fulls.

STUNTS
Panthers Cali
5 one and a half ups 5 one and a half ups.
5 elite tick tocks stretch to stretch 5 elite tick tocks stretch to stretch
5 switch up to stretch
4 two mans 2 group stunts

Cali definitely put up more stunts than panthers no question! Cali's to back stunts both had a minor bobble on the switch up. Also Cali had two one and a half ups go to prep level. ( the two right stunts) Panthers also had two one a half ups at prep level ( the outside stunts) I think cali executed the one and a half ups a TINY bit better than panthers. When it comes to stretch to stretch I think panthers had better execution. Yes Cali did switch up and do the leg free hold however i think this dropped their execution score. it wasnt well executed IMO. As i have mentioned Cali put up more stunts than panthers but it was unnecessary. throughout each team does 4 body positions to a double down. (stretch, overstretch, scorpion, scale,) Arabesque isnt considered a body position. To be honest I dont know who should have out scored who in this section I thought Both teams were awesome at STUNTS.

PYRAMID
Panthers Cali
2 tick tocks to structure 2 tick tocks to structure
2 FULL twisting front flips 2 back flips 1 x back flip
1 front flip 1 front x flip 2 front flips
1 double down full around to top
2 flips to dismount 2 double downs
3 total structures 3 total structures

IMO they are almost equal when it comes to pyramid. Cali did 6 flips panthers did 5. HOWEVER in two of panthers flips there was a full twist so therefore they are equal in my eyes. The one thing cali had on panthers was the full around to the top. Each team had a double down dismount and flipping dismount. THEY BOTH hit the score sheet. When it comes to execution, you can decide which team executed the best. In this section they are Neck and Neck to me.

DANCE

When it comes to dance the only fact I can give you is that panthers had A WHOLE 8 count more of dance not including the girl in the middle saying (cheer athletics) I honestly cant say which one I think should score higher.

The reason it is panthers is because PANTHERS hit the SCORESHEET!! I just proved that panthers SMASHED Cali in tumbling. (Running and Standing) When It comes to building skills I think they were pretty much neck and neck. Panthers choreographed what they had to in order to score in the highest range. Cali on the other hand did that and much more which wasn't necessary. They also Reused all of those girls for standing tumbling when it wasn't necessary.
Over all I think Panthers were cleaner and exhibited way more technique and execution. YES, cali had the crowd, YES, cali put on a show. BUT Panthers put on a show just as much. Panthers routine was choreographed to show THE TEAMS ability and skills and I can honestly say Cali's routine was not. Panthers were the better team this weekend on the scoresheet and people need to realize this. It was the saddest thing for me to see Panther girls coming off the floor asking why the arena was silent for them. I AM SO SICK OF PEOPLE NOT GIVING CREDIT TO WHERE IT IS DUE. Panthers won. AND THEY DESERVED IT 100%

A LOT of your info is wrong.. just sayingg

Welcome to Spirit's world...lol. When your on top people love to knock you down.
Cali's jump execution was not there. I have a pic from Facebook that shows a 2 year old could have ran below the whole Panthers team during their jumps, they were that in synch.
The only Cali team parents I have interacted with is Smoed and they were some of the nicest people I met at NCA! They let two Spirit people crash their area and then tolerated me spraying hair spray and taking out rollers in front of them.
Silver is nothing to stick your nose up at...they were one of the TOP 3 small senior teams in the WORLD and beat a perennial champion! Be proud of what you have accomplished rather then whine about what you didn't get.

Welcome to Spirit's world...lol. When your on top people love to knock you down.
Cali's jump execution was not there. I have a pic from Facebook that shows a 2 year old could have ran below the whole Panthers team during their jumps, they were that in synch.
The only Cali team parents I have interacted with is Smoed and they were some of the nicest people I met at NCA! They let two Spirit people crash their area and then tolerated me spraying hair spray and taking out rollers in front of them.
Silver is nothing to stick your nose up at...they were one of the TOP 3 small senior teams in the WORLD and beat a perennial champion! Be proud of what you have accomplished rather then whine about what you didn't get.
I agree, when you are on top, the crowd goes with the underdogs. Orange hasn't had the crowds with them for at least a couple of years.

Panthers out tumbled, that is the short of it. They had squad doubles. Both Cali and Stingrays could have put together a squad for World's with squad doubles. Panthers figured out how to win so give them the credit due.

While I agree that Panthers hit the scoresheet better, I have to correct you here. Panthers did not have squad fulls. They hid their fulls well in the tumbling section, but they were definitely there.

SURELY you are not attempting to argue that CA stacked their tumbling on Panthers?!?! CA took four teams to worlds and they ALL placed in the top three. If that's not spreading out your talent then I don't know what is?!
Not taking anything away from Panthers, they went with the scoresheet and deserved to win. I think this is the first time in small seniors I have seen squad double fulls. All I'm saying.

Okay, You can hate on us panthers all you want, but we worked JUST as hard as Cali, and every other team.
you have no clue how much of a team panthers really are. We poured our hearts out to each other friday night before we competed. It takes talent to win, but it also takes a team and heart to win. you can see that when we take the floor, we arent just a good cheer team, we are a family. And i think that helped us, because we had each other.
And if you noticed, we didnt have the crowd that cali had, but we really honestly didnt care, because we had all the people we needed on the floor.
Panthers did an assume job working the scoresheet and deserved to win!

I would. They walked away with a Gold Medal and "World Champion" as their title, something Cali SS has yet to do. They deserved it based on their routine, the scoresheet and their scores. It's not like Cali lost to some random team. It's Cheer Athletics. PANTHERS. They are great and always have been. People saying that Panthers didn't deserve it just makes them sound bitter and pressed. Cali had every opportunity to shuffle things around to hit the sheet even more and take advantage of it like other teams did. My hat goes off to Panthers.
I agree. To finally knock Orange off the pedestal after 4 years strait, , my hat goes off to Panthers also.

I only saw one bobble.
28vy9g6.jpg

Back