All-Star Panthers Not Cali?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

for the record, i wasn't against you! :) my friend and I argued all day about who would win between cali and panthers... and I was right! woot woot! congrats btw, you are a 2011 WORLD CHAMPION!!
Omg!! thank you!:p
And this is my second time to win worlds!!!
ive only been at Ca for three years!:)

I actually liked Cali's routine better than Panthers, but who can compete when you put together all your double fulls on one team?
CA did not have all their doubles on one team! Did u not see cheetahs wall of doubles of girls plus the tumbling passes on cheetahs? At tryouts last year the kids were asked if they wanted all girl or coed and for the most part that's how the teams were created.

Well, CEA SE did it last year. Rays Orange did it the year before. A fall does not mean you lose anymore. Hitting the scoresheet can cancel that out more often than not.

negative, orange had a tumble bust in finals. unless you are talking about prelims? they dropped a pyramid hitch in prelims last year

Tumble bust (collision) to me = fall. Just saying, they won without a PERFECT routine. People got a little mad haha.
that's what i don't understand. why would people be mad if orange still had a better routine? orange still hit the scoresheets last year really well. difficulty and execution matters too. i can see being upset your favorite team didn't win... but people need to get past this whole "unfair" thing. maybe a team won because they actually were the better team that weekend. *GASP*

EDIT: This was not directed towards you, I was just replying to the comment.

CORRECTION. Day 2 there was NO OUT OF BOUNDS. Only if you step on the green. DEY DEY Stayed on the read. There should have been no deduction for this anyways.

*red

Also if you watch the video Panthers had 2 bobbles,( The most obvious one on the front left and the other smaller one on the front right) plain and simple, but were only deducted for one. If that bobble counted, which is should, cali would have won gold by .2

that was rude. he's speaking his opinion, chillax.

i honestly really honestly cant take all this anymore. not when it was orange that was being questioned and even not now that panthers are being questioned. these teams have worked their butts off to earn this title, and it sucks that panthers are getting their own thread wondering why cali didnt beat them. yes cali was on fire but in the end panthers hit the scoresheet better. im sorry some of you cant get over your pride, but its stupid to be posting this. if it was vice versa and someone had posted a thread about why panthers didnt be cali people would be going OUTRAGEOUS. so i need to chillax? no i wont, ive put up with 4 years of this bullcrap and it doesnt need to continue anymore. accept that panthers won and that they were the best this weekend.

Look at the day 2 scores..with a stunt FALL panthers were still ahead by so much. They outscored Cali in almost every category, so I'm not sure why people don't understand why they didn't win. Read the scoresheet!
I think what people are most upset about was that Cali "hit a perfect routine" while Panthers had a bobble. Guess what, panthers still scored higher and had more difficulty. That>hitting. People always underestimate Cheer Athletics, because they don't have the most fans/publicity and whatnot. CA is obviously not the crowd favorite (They are mine though ;) ). Cali has the bullet army, which really grew this year (cough cough bandwagon). Just because what y'all though was the best/your favorite team didn't win doesn't mean you have the right to knock down the team who was better.

*Steps of soapbox*

We did tell the athletes that there was a good chance that they would have the fewest supporters in the crowd and that they shouldn't rely on the crowd for their energy/performance. (The crowd was much louder than I expected, actually.)

We also told them that if/when they won, many would be absolutely furious about it. We told them to expect bashing on this board, facebook, and other social media. We knew that others had a more "crowd-friendly" routine and that ours was more specifically geared towards the scoresheet and the judging. We did ask the team very specifically if they would rather be the team that most fans thought should have won, or the team that actually won. They unanimously preferred to be the team that scored the highest.

Did we have an athlete go out of bounds? No. She stepped on the red border and NOT the ground. That is not a penalty. At Worlds, you were only considered out of bounds if you go all the way off the red.

Should the team have gotten two deductions for bobbled stunts? That is a judgement call by the deduction judges. I know that they have multiple judges watching the routine and that they go back and review the routine by video to make sure that they get it right. I assume that they thought the smaller balance check on the right did not reach "deduction level", but you would have to ask them. That is beyond our control. (FYI - I do know how it feels on the other side when, in our opinion, teams miss getting deductions that have cost us titles. It is frustrating, but it is what it is. It isn't the fault of the team.)

For what it is worth, the Stingray and Cali coaches and athletes were very gracious and congratulated the team. Both programs have shown tremendous class, just as I would have expected.

Everyone is just shocked that's all. We can't change it no matter how bad we want to but ca won.... That just should make everyone want it MORE for Cali next year! It may had not been calis weekend but it WAS their year! They performed the routine that wAs given to them the best they could and that's all they can do!

@BlueCat

I still don't like you. :-P

Course, you know how I feel about your team and routine. Congrats again on the win.

Back