OT Poolside Reads

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
My favorite is My Sister's Keeper (still so salty about the movie ending) but Handle With Care and the one about the music therapist and a custody battle bc of one parent's sexuality... Blanking on the name but they're up there on my list! I started listening to one about a kid who was abused and stopped talking, but I never finished it (and I'm blanking on the name right now). It was good but i was listening to it over Christmas break when we were traveling, and I don't really carry headphones with me most of the time or have a lot of free time to just listen to a book which is why I never finished it.
Yes! I read all of those in high school-- and they were all awesome, especially Handle With Care. I think there's only been one book of hers that was a little slow to get into for me and I'm not sure what it's called. I've been meaning to reread a lot of her stuff considering my perspective is going to be a lot different than it was when I was 15 lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I own an embarrassing number of Ann Rule books. But I've not read that one yet.

Set phasers to 'love me'!
If you like Ann Rule you have to read it ASAP. It was her first book and kind of got her started in the whole true crime world since she was friends with Bundy. I read it for the first time when I was way too young to be reading her writing, but it's such a good read (if you're into that kind of thing).

My favorite is My Sister's Keeper (still so salty about the movie ending) but Handle With Care and the one about the music therapist and a custody battle bc of one parent's sexuality... Blanking on the name but they're up there on my list!

I actually preferred the movie's ending to the book's ending. I was saltier they changed the setting from Providence (aka the best place on earth) to Los Angeles.

Well Harry Potter is a popular children's series about a boy wizard... ;)

The Ted Bundy book is this one by Ann Rule, who knew him and was friends with him prior to the start of his serial killing.
Haha - HP was my childhood! I could probably recite all the books from memory! Still waiting to visit HP World...

I will have to check out the Ted Bundy book - thanks!

Just had dad put all of the HP books on our kindle! Haven't read them in years so I'm excited. Keep the suggestions coming, though! I read each HP book in 2-3 days the first time so I will probably need more :)

My favorite is My Sister's Keeper (still so salty about the movie ending) but Handle With Care and the one about the music therapist and a custody battle bc of one parent's sexuality... Blanking on the name but they're up there on my list!
I I love Jodi Piccoult.
Ooo I read that one last summer! It's somewhere in my house. I think the title had "song" in it somewhere lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recently read "The Ghost Bride," was an enjoyable read. I think it was one of Oprahs recommended reads.
I also just finished "What If? Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions" which is by the same guy who does the xkcd comics. I really enjoyed it! It was comical and not too hard to follow with scientific jargon. I would definitely recommend it if you're interested in science and enjoy knowing "why."
Now I'm reading "the Wise Book of Whys" which basically explains a bunch of random sayings and origins of words. It's about a page or two per item, so it's easy to pick up and put down. So far I'm liking it, because once again, I like knowing random facts.

I recently read "The Ghost Bride," was an enjoyable read. I think it was one of Oprahs recommended reads.
I also just finished "What If? Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions" which is by the same guy who does the xkcd comics. I really enjoyed it! It was comical and not too hard to follow with scientific jargon. I would definitely recommend it if you're interested in science and enjoy knowing "why."
Now I'm reading "the Wise Book of Whys" which basically explains a bunch of random sayings and origins of words. It's about a page or two per item, so it's easy to pick up and put down. So far I'm liking it, because once again, I like knowing random facts.
Those sound great. I love stuff like that too.

I'm reading Outlander right now after my aunt's suggestion.. has anyone read that? I'm only 11 chapters in but I can't decide what to think of it.

Gossip Girl - read those books over and over again in middle school. Now I re-watch the TV show.

The Century Trilogies by Ken Follet... lots of history if you're into that but LOVED them!
Outlander is my favorite series in existence. Any questions just ask me or @12stepCheermom. Although we do warn you, once we start talking about it we often don't stop until the white flag is raised.

Back