High School Revising Our Cheer Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Haha, I have a whole set of Rules & Regulations in addition to our school policies, that both the cheerleaders AND Parents must sign off on. It covers everything, from tardiness & missing practices, respect for others, to attitude at practice, communication, social media, bullying, team placement, parent pick up etc. Short and sweet, but powerful and very effective.
I also go over this document at sign ups, which cuts the deadbeats out of the equation right away, lol.

I'd be glad to share if interested.

Haha, I have a whole set of Rules & Regulations in addition to our school policies, that both the cheerleaders AND Parents must sign off on. It covers everything, from tardiness & missing practices, respect for others, to attitude at practice, communication, social media, bullying, team placement, parent pick up etc. Short and sweet, but powerful and very effective.
I also go over this document at sign ups, which cuts the deadbeats out of the equation right away, lol.

I'd be glad to share if interested.
If you don't mind! I'm curious.

I want to update my cheer constitution and demerit list. I was wondering if anyone could share a few of their rules. I feel as though some of mine might be outdated. For instance, I don't allow water drinks in between 1st and 2nd quarter or between 3rd and 4th. They must wait until halftime. However I see several schools do. I just don't want to be too old school! Thanks so much.
You could get fired here for having that water rule. We have state mandated guidelines regarding water breaks. At certain temperatures we have a grid of how often and how long water breaks must be. If it's outdoors and warm we can't refuse water to an athlete. You may want to check to see if you have certain guidelines you have to follow.

My rule for water during games is they can grab a drink one at a time as needed. They keep their drink on the fence line with their bags. It's really not a big deal, it's a large team and they really aren't getting water all that often. It's not obvious or obnoxious.

Thanks for all the suggestions. The no drinks in between quarters wasn't so much a rule as it just was never done before. We are always doing band dances, crowd cheers or throwing up stunts/pyramids. I have a lot of new girls this year so it threw my veterans for a loop when they all took off running for drinks.

You could get fired here for having that water rule. We have state mandated guidelines regarding water breaks. At certain temperatures we have a grid of how often and how long water breaks must be. If it's outdoors and warm we can't refuse water to an athlete. You may want to check to see if you have certain guidelines you have to follow.

My rule for water during games is they can grab a drink one at a time as needed. They keep their drink on the fence line with their bags. It's really not a big deal, it's a large team and they really aren't getting water all that often. It's not obvious or obnoxious.
WORD...same guidelines here

Back