All-Star Senior Elite At The Democrat National Convention?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was referring to journalist and certain orginizations that send people to cover it. I do know it is political. Mist stating some will be their who aren't politicians. For example journalists who went to the Royal Wedding who aren't British.

Ok. But that's true because it's their job.

I don't have a real problem with it, but those that see it as supporting the Democrat party are pretty accurate.

Comparing it to the KKK was pretty silly.

We were huge political junkies when I was in high school. We would wait for days for the pony express to bring political news.

Anyway, I'm guessing the Democrat Party invited them because CEA Senior Elite will probably draw a bigger crowd than the 2012 ticket.

Unless the 2012 ticket wore SE's uniforms. I think that would draw quite a crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I've been a participant in this thread but at this point I think the whole thing is being overanalyzed to death. I don't think the intent of anyone at CEA is to use anyone especially not the kids. They were invited to a prestigious event to represent their state, they accepted, they don't see anything wrong or political about that acceptance, and like some said above, I'm sure if any SE parents have a personal problem with it, they will be more than welcome to opt out. Maybe we should all call it a day and just wish CEA good luck :)

Maybe this is me- but I feel like you can get a pretty good read on a gyms majority political affiliations WITHOUT having them perform at a convention. I also think people tend to align themselves with like-minded people, which might very well factor into your gym choice. If you're a staunch atheist, I doubt you're going to a heavily Christian gym. You might, but it's unlikely..

Maybe this is me- but I feel like you can get a pretty good read on a gyms majority political affiliations WITHOUT having them perform at a convention. I also think people tend to align themselves with like-minded people, which might very well factor into your gym choice. If you're a staunch atheist, I doubt you're going to a heavily Christian gym. You might, but it's unlikely..

Courtney is definitely progressive. The gym and area are mostly conservative. However, we go to them to cheer, not vote.

I can be wrong :D it's rare, but it does happen..

You are not wrong. You are consistently one of the best posters here. And your post is fine, I just used it to comment and say hello. Point. CEA does not wear it's religion or politics on it's sleeve. Courtney, Ben and my family are the best of friends, but Courtney and I do not see politics the same. Not important. We go to Kernersville to have the opportunity to cheer at the highest level, and it is remarkable that the program is there giving our kids a chance to compete with the best and support our friends on the staff and in the gym. The rest is and should stay in another realm and it does at CEA. We do not judge, we want to cheer, meaning to participate and compete. To use the stage of the DNC is only to promote cheer.

You are not wrong. You are consistently one of the best posters here. And your post is fine, I just used it to comment and say hello. Point. CEA does not wear it's religion or politics on it's sleeve. Courtney, Ben and my family are the best of friends, but Courtney and I do not see politics the same. Not important. We go to Kernersville to have the opportunity to cheer at the highest level, and it is remarkable that the program is there giving our kids a chance to compete with the best and support our friends on the staff and in the gym. The rest is and should stay in another realm and it does at CEA. We do not judge, we want to cheer, meaning to participate and compete. To use the stage of the DNC is only to promote cheer.
:oops::D

And we have missed your wisdom and insight. Good to have you back, even if only for a small bit!

I do not think anyone thinks that Courtney or CEA is using anyone to support the Democratic agenda. NEVER the less, CEA's presence at the Democratic National Convention conveys that indeed they do. I do not think this a calculated evil plan hatched by a mastermind. It is simple...you participate at DNC the message is ---------> Endorsement. The End.

I want to make clear that I am not inferring anything evil or under handed. Because not all of us are seeing it the same way does not make either points of view invalid. This is exactly why politics and cheer do not belong together. Politics has a way of dividing a country and apparently maybe a cheer community too. So everyone relax...we can have more than one view with out finger pointing and accusing people of being judgmental.

I am not sure I have ever said these words but it might be time to close this thread.

Good for CEA. As a heavy gym organization with Male athletes (Some Gay and Some Not) I think its best they get there name out at a DNC where they would understand that cheerleading involves both sexes and not the RNC where they don't understand that..... or none the less want to give any females any rights...

Honestly something that bothers me is that when the gym sitn your favorite or where you cheer you are not happy with the opportunites given to them I am sure the gym talked with the parents but that is a cool oportunity for these girls to compete and show off they are world champs ! if CA was asked to do it or stingrays and they said yes would people make a big stink about it I dont think so ..

Thats just MY opinion

Good for CEA. As a heavy gym organization with Male athletes (Some Gay and Some Not) I think its best they get there name out at a DNC where they would understand that cheerleading involves both sexes and not the RNC where they don't understand that..... or none the less want to give any females any rights...

Oh, please.

Honestly something that bothers me is that when the gym sitn your favorite or where you cheer you are not happy with the opportunites given to them I am sure the gym talked with the parents but that is a cool oportunity for these girls to compete and show off they are world champs ! if CA was asked to do it or stingrays and they said yes would people make a big stink about it I dont think so ..

Thats just MY opinion
I can HONESTLY tell you I would have felt this way about ANY gym attending and I am appalled that anyone would think that this was a personal attack on CEA. I am a FAN. Dang it....I was NOT going to respond

Back