High School Sports Bra Rules

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

im on cheer ad gymnastics and we can wear sports bras for gymnastics but not for cheer. our coach is really conservative so it's to her discretion. But we tuck in our shirts to our sports bras so much its like actually wearing a sports bra. ( but with the extra BLEGH of a shirt)

the high school team i coach is allowed to wear sports bras and spandex as long as they are the same color as that days shirt and shorts.

Our athletic director does not allow it, and I am okay with that, even though I only wear a sports bra when I practice for all star. We are representing our school and need to dress accordingly. No other sports at my school are allowed to practice in sports bras either, so it would definitely be weird for just cheerleaders to do so...

I was angered by this the other day. My show choir practices in August, in the theater, with the hot stage lights on sometimes without the AC on all the way and we aren't allowed to wear sports bras. Neither are any other organization except... THE MARCHING BAND! On Friday before the game I saw a bunch of band girls prancing around in their sports bras and no one stopped them. Pissed me off...

We aren't allowed to wear just sports bras... at camp, we got matching leopard print sports bras, and were allowed to wear them for choreography one day, but we were in a building with no windows so.... the cross country team is allowed to wear them though... and I think track may be allowed also, but i'm not sure on that one.

Our school has no rule against it, but our coach freaks if we show our stomach god forbid a sports bra. Which bothers me, we often practice outside in the summer where it's 90+ degrees sometimes in the direct sun and we all have to wear shirts and shorts/sweatpants. Yet the vollyball girls prance around in barely there spandex. and soccer guys go shirtless (i love it, they have nice abs but still) and girls soccer I'm pretty sure get to wear sportsbras on hot days...

we were never allowed to at high school practice. I dont think it should be required, but we should have the option...especially flyers. i just dont understand why not, when we're getting bussed out to a gym or practicing in isolated area; yet the track team is allowed to run around the track or school in just sports bras and spandex, and all the mens teams go shirtless

No one has ever really asked on my high school team to wear them because its just a common sense thing that we aren't allowed too at my school, our athletic director is a butthole and doesnt't care about cheerleading at all so he most likely wouldn't allow it, although soccer, football, and track (boys) take their shirts off and girls cross country can run in sports bras? I feel like this isn't really fair but we can't change it. We also wear spandex or soffes and tshirts but some girls wear tank tops to practice. We practice in our cafeteria because all other sports take up our gyms and the fields. (2 gyms and 3 fields), so I can see not wearing them because we're on school campus and where we can be clearly seen.

My old high school allowed it as we practiced at the gym at our other campus. No other sports practiced there, so it wasn't too big of a deal.

I was angered by this the other day. My show choir practices in August, in the theater, with the hot stage lights on sometimes without the AC on all the way and we aren't allowed to wear sports bras. Neither are any other organization except... THE MARCHING BAND! On Friday before the game I saw a bunch of band girls prancing around in their sports bras and no one stopped them. Pissed me off...

I'm in marching band and cheer at my school, and at band practice, if we have anything less than a tshirt, we have to put on more clothes. D: we can't even wear a tank top with bigger straps. it's utterly ridiculous.

We are not allowed to wear sports bras, which in my opinion is unfair. We practice in July before camp and in Missouri the high in July is normally around 90 something maybe higher. We condition and everything too. The boys football when theyre conditioning or weight training they don't wear shirts. Weight training isnt even outside and it has AC! The girls volleyball team also conditions in sports bras and spandex. Same for boys and girls soccer. Boys and girls track also runs down the highway by my school for practices sometimes and the girls are always wearing sports bras and the guys are always shirtless. My allstar gym was also not allowed to just because we practiced at a gymnastics gym and the owner had a young daughter on the level 2 team and he really had the final say if we could wear sports bras/crop tops and he didn't want us to

We are not allowed to wear sports bras, which in my opinion is unfair. We practice in July before camp and in Missouri the high in July is normally around 90 something maybe higher. We condition and everything too. The boys football when theyre conditioning or weight training they don't wear shirts. Weight training isnt even outside and it has AC! The girls volleyball team also conditions in sports bras and spandex. Same for boys and girls soccer. Boys and girls track also runs down the highway by my school for practices sometimes and the girls are always wearing sports bras and the guys are always shirtless. My allstar gym was also not allowed to just because we practiced at a gymnastics gym and the owner had a young daughter on the level 2 team and he really had the final say if we could wear sports bras/crop tops and he didn't want us to

I will not let my girls practice in sports-bras only unless there is no one around and it is extremely warm, however, if girls volleyball can (and does not get reprimanded for it) then there is no reason it shouldn't be allowed within certain parameters for you or any girls sport conditioning in the warm summer months.

Back