All-Star Thoughts On Athletes Drinking 5 Hour Energy Drinks Before Practice

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

IMO, red bull tastes like baby vitamin drops and I think those are nasty.

I have tried a few types of Monster that were more fruit punch/koolaid type flavor.

I haven't had any of that in years. I am an avid coffee drinker--about a pot daily depending on the weather. More in the winter, less in the summer. I mostly drink water. I have several large tervis tumblers that I always have with me.

CP is not allowed to drink energy drinks. Chemicals are not good fuel for the body.

CP is not allowed to drink energy drinks. Chemicals are not good fuel for the body.
Not sure how old all your kids are but when they are older and a bit more self sufficient it is damn hard to ensure they are not drinking this junk. I know cp drinks some of these when I'm not around.

**shall I release the hounds**

IMO, red bull tastes like baby vitamin drops and I think those are nasty.

I have tried a few types of Monster that were more fruit punch/koolaid type flavor.

I haven't had any of that in years. I am an avid coffee drinker--about a pot daily depending on the weather. More in the winter, less in the summer. I mostly drink water. I have several large tervis tumblers that I always have with me.
Coffee hits the spot for me. I like to drop a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream into black coffee.

I had a competition this weekend where I was up at 3 am and went to sleep at 11 pm after being at the Venue 16 hours. For energy I chose lucozade as its glucose and worked well as I had 2 paced throughout the day. I didn't have much time to eat either

There are ways of getting energy without drinks like red bull and monster

A few of the guys on my IOC6 team would take pre-workout before practice and about half an hour before warm up at competitions. I don't think it's a good idea and I don't encourage it, but they're adults and they're going to do whatever they want. I would be hypocritical to say never take a caffeine based product before any type of workout because I often do it for my own training.

But in no way would I ever let a minor on a team bring that into the gym. Thankfully we have strict rules on closed containers and most energy drinks can't be closed up.

I even hear of some gyms whose water fountains are practically overflowing with a specific chemical (Dihydrogen Monoxide) that has shown to be a factor in thousands of deaths worldwide.
Hahaha I see what you did there.

My son goes to a well known university soccer camp. They bring in a nutritionist to speak to the boys about how to prepare for practices and games. Obviously they stress no caffeine/energy drinks. They do tell the kids a good, quick energy snack is pop tarts! They said eating one pop tart will provide enough sugar for their workout without any potential harm. They also recommend not drinking milk before a workout, but a glass of chocolate milk after a workout helps the body recover faster.

Back