All-Star Trends You Hope Will Continue After Worlds 2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

-The phenomenal sportsmanship we encountered throughout the duration of worlds. Seriously it means so much to be congratulated or cheered on by a competitor and feel like it is genuine
- CANADA rocking in in IO5, and overall as a country. 3 globes, many top 10s and 3 senior club teams making it past prelims.
- I personally loved the baseball field. And although many on fierceboard are pitying the world champs for having to perform again, their coaches had the option to decline. If coaches felt their athletes were not apt for an additional performance then there was no obligation. It is also a great option for teams that wish to keep their athletes away from the block party shananigans.
- I loved that in many divisions it was anyone's game from one performance to the next. Hitting your routine was important and rewarded.
- The partying at All-Star was much more controlled. The piano pool at music was where most of the "partying" happened but honestly having dropped by 3-5 times throughout the night to check-up , I noticed none of the over the top crazy drunkeness from previous years and the security guards were passive but present.
-Disney is upping its technology. From bracelet room keys, cups with chips, and more readily available wifi... I was impressed. Hopefully we get more surprises next year.
- I LOVED that they updated Jostens. Made it seem a lot less like the "reject" venue
- And finally, the coaches gala was in reverse order (awards first , food later). I much preferred this format :)

Shorts usually end up looking like underwear at the end of the routine, skirts dont and are more flattering IMO

More creative level 5 baskets other than the standard switch kick double. I was happy to see a lot more this year and the return of Oscar's kick full kick full. I'm still patiently waiting for someone to recreate the basket from SJS large coed 2008.

I loved the SJS one

More creative level 5 baskets other than the standard switch kick double. I was happy to see a lot more this year and the return of Oscar's kick full kick full. I'm still patiently waiting for someone to recreate the basket from SJS large coed 2008.
Do you mean the one that starts inverted around 1.15? So many potato videos from 2008, and I think I got a bit seasick

I'd love to see a better quality vid if anyone knows of one- can't really figure it out from here! I think it might be quite cool though :p
If you have the Worlds VOD you can see it on there, but other than that I don't know of any other better video. It's essentially a kick double from a handstand.

Back