Uca Nation Championship Judging

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 17, 2015
I am definatly not try to sound rude or bitter but did anyone else notice that the judging at the UCA nationals competition was very partial. When the judges were questioned on how teams with multiple drops received zero deductions their response was judging in subjective. Then why are there rules? Did anyone else seem to notice? Kinda disappointed for the first time in over 5 years

I thought the judging was pretty accurate. I personally did not witness any missed deductions so I cannot speak to that topic myself. I did speak with one of the coaches from Rays and we both felt the Large Senior 2 Division 1 scores as a whole were a bit lowballed. It was across the division so not much to complain about in the way of comparison to one another. The top four teams were crazy good and it just seemed a bit odd to not see one of them post a 97 when all four have regularly scored in that range of higher. We both said something and scores did seem a bit more on track with the talent of that division on day 2. I also coached a large senior 3 team and those scores seemed spot on.

I thought the judging was pretty accurate. I personally did not witness any missed deductions so I cannot speak to that topic myself. I did speak with one of the coaches from Rays and we both felt the Large Senior 2 Division 1 scores as a whole were a bit lowballed. It was across the division so not much to complain about in the way of comparison to one another. The top four teams were crazy good and it just seemed a bit odd to not see one of them post a 97 when all four have regularly scored in that range of higher. We both said something and scores did seem a bit more on track with the talent of that division on day 2. I also coached a large senior 3 team and those scores seemed spot on.

I competed in the large senior 2 division and noticed that as well! At Cheersport we scored a 97.18 and won, and at UCA scored significantly less, even after adding to the routine! However, the competition was so fun and still my favorite. Backstage before awards, my team bonded really well with the girls from stingrays pink - awesome group of girls, they deserved those jackets!

I competed in the large senior 2 division and noticed that as well! At Cheersport we scored a 97.18 and won, and at UCA scored significantly less, even after adding to the routine! However, the competition was so fun and still my favorite. Backstage before awards, my team bonded really well with the girls from stingrays pink - awesome group of girls, they deserved those jackets!

Comparative scoring. You can't compare your scores from a competition to another.

I am definatly not try to sound rude or bitter but did anyone else notice that the judging at the UCA nationals competition was very partial. When the judges were questioned on how teams with multiple drops received zero deductions their response was judging in subjective. Then why are there rules? Did anyone else seem to notice? Kinda disappointed for the first time in over 5 years
HS or all-star UCA?

All-star. And I used to coach and judge now my kids coach so watching some of the scoring with the senior 4 Levels was difficult for me.

What team were you on?

I think this years scoring was very unfair...how can a team with no running tumbling, only 2 stunts and a basic pyramid not only win but receive a paid bid to the Summit???

I personally thought judging was right on. And all our teams didn't win. It's was the first comp that I completely agreed with all scoring. And It seemed all judging panels were close to each other too.
I was really impressed with the entire competition and staff.

Back