All-Star Usasf Major Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

so now everyone is gonna look the same...same uniforms, same size bows, same tumbling same everything. what now are they going to require you to wear a certin shoe?! these rules have taken all the creativity or ability to stand out from other. i mean you might as well just have everyone do the same routine and have the same music too...

Exactly!!
Having USAG take All-Star cheerleading under their wing would eliminate two of our biggest problems..

1. The BS that USASF is putting us through
2. The certifications required through USAG and their use of progressions would significantly reduce the number of injuries.

It's my understanding that either STUNT or College A&T is under USAG so I would love to see what they can do with All-Star.

They certainly can't screw it any more than what is happening now! Give them a shot!

USASF posted a picture up of the apparel for worlds. Its identical to Varsity's jacket at NCA and UCA. This shows how there pretty much together.
33mx7jo.jpg

But it doesn't matter because you can't wear it to competition anyways!

another post from my FB comment that I feel is pertinent...

They are saying that they have had more reported injuries. That's because All-star Cheer is more popular now then ever. I think that what the problem is, is that so many unqualified people are coaching now. However, My Jen broke her ankle d
oing a cart wheel and Gracie broke her hand in two places doing a back handspring on a tumble track. Yesterday, a boy on my grandsons baseball team broke both bones in his arm tripping over second base.

This is awful. So many cheerleaders have worked so hard to get where there at now, and now they are told they are not allowed to perform them? All the hardwork athletes have but into this sport is just being taken away

Really curious if this tidbit has been forwarded to the ACLU......it's got lawsuit written ALL over it!

My feelings on it besides the fact it's totally rediculous is that we are a sport that is supposed to stand together gay, straight, black, white, it dosent matter. What kind of example is this setting

I have a straight brother in the sport who gets a TON of crap about being a male cheerleader but he deals with it cause he loves it and is passionate about it. When he wants to escape the BS he gets at school he goes to the cheer gym to be around the ppl who make him feel great about himself but now him along with all other male cheerleaders have to take this BS from people within the industry too?!?!?

USASF posted a picture up of the apparel for worlds. Its identical to Varsity's jacket at NCA and UCA. This shows how there pretty much together.
33mx7jo.jpg

But it doesn't matter because you can't wear it to competition anyways!
That color is too bright and distracting! hehe

I think the whole tshirt thing is rediculous...why do we need to have on a shirt if we're at a cheer competition? Maybe if you're a bit larger and have stuff hangin' over the skirt- thats a different story. But how complicated is it for us to get shirts over our uniforms? ESPECIALLY w/o messing up the hair & makeup that we spend hours perfecting!!

Did you really want them to say this??? Sort of "Hey, boys, if you're gay, sassy or fierce, cut it out...no one wants to see that. And girls, if you're fat, fluffy, or plus size...cover it up. No one wants to see that either."

I think the boys being too theatrical was offensive enough all by itself. But I guess if they were gonna go that route, they may as well have called out the fluffy girls as well. :oops:

is usasf foreal trying to tell me right now, that i should arrive to the competition, ready to compete, hair done, not wearing sweat pants, no jewelry, no trendy boots or pjs! serisouly?! no when our younger teams go on at 9am and i dont compete until 8:30pm, sorry im not gonna get up at 6 to be compeition ready when i dont compete until 8;30pm?! and what im a suppose to wear over my skirt/shorts, most of the time in michigan, ohio, indy its freezing outside..no sweat pants?! yeah..no! i know this is just do's and donts but still, come on know

Back