Who Is Tired Of Flyers Getting All The Credit For Amazing Stunts?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

flyers and bases and backspots should all get the same amounts of credit for the stunt. everybody has a job to do and if they dont do it the stunts not going to work. by saying "all the flyer has to do is perform" isnt fair because (assuming your a base) if your flyer did only that and nothing else your job would be 297359 times harder. a base is nothing without their flyer and a flyer is nothing witout their bases. everyone in the group has to work together and want to fight for it just as much as everyone else in the group, otherwise the stunt will never work............. :)

I feel that every position should get credit because it is hard to do what we do. As a base I know how upsetting it is when a coach compliments a flyer for an amazing stunt but you had to work your butt off to save that stunt to make sure it hits. I've backspotted too and have had that flyer that is super loose but I think that is kind of credit. Being able to work with what you got makes you a good base and when i see stunts hit I actually think wow that is an amazing stunt group .The ability to save a stunt or hit a stunt after you are completely exhausted is enough credit for me at least. The whole point of basing/ backspotting is pretty much to get the stunt to hit and even if there is slip ups underneath as long as it doesnt look like it from the judges' point of view then you did your job. Even if nobody says it I know that in the end my basing skills are appreciated. So to all bases, backspots, flyers, and maybe frontspots I give you guys your credit because I know how hard it is!:)

omg i know! even though i'm not all like "without a base you would be nothing!" because without a flyer we would be nothing, so we need each other! i was so pissed off at my aunt once, which i don't really like her anyways, let's just say she's not the nicest person and my uncle is a saint for marrying her, but when she asked me what position i did in stunting i said "i'm a base" and then she was like "oh, well that sucks, flyers usually get all the scholarships" it's like thanks for making me feel like nothing! but i like being a base, even though if i had to change positions i would want to be a flyer just because it would be fun to try, seriously! who hasn't wanted to try to fly

I fly on a co-ed college team, and it's pretty much a love fest between all of us. We have one all girl group that is beast, they fly a guy and are middle layer flyers for pyramids as well. I don't think anyone on our team feels that flyers get more credit, or get criticized when we don't hit. I mean, it's easy to call out Edie's group for falling, but I never take that as a personal thing, it's just quicker than naming all the bases.

it's true that you can't have a flyer without a base...but there's no point in a base without a flyer. so all in all the flyers shouldn't get all the credit and the blame, and the bases shouldn't be ignored! and i think that instead of all us cheerleaders bashing each other (ie. back spots do everything, flyers are just dead weight), we should embrace each other, i know corny...but we already get so much crap from non cheerleaders (saying cheerleading is easy, and not a sport) that we cheerleaders should stick together and stand up for each other, whether we're a flyer, base or even front spot.

@ emkaayz I could shimmy that all day - especially the last, that is one of the main things my cp loves about her team, the drama is minimal and they really do support each other

AAHHGGRREEEED. I had a terrible flyer last season and whenever she hit, my coaches and teammates would constantly congratulate her when me and the other 3 bases did all of the work...I used to be a flyer and I liked being congratulated, but I'd turn right back around and thank my bases!

IKR.. but im a flyer and people tell me Great Job on that stunt you just did! So I always remind people that It was not just me it was my whole group :)

i hate that with a passion. i am a base and a backspot. i would like to see a flyer to all those amazing tricks without someone there to be under them, throw them, and catch them. i surely think that they would get serioulsy hurt if they did some of these tricks( like basket tosses) on the floor......

Latest posts

Back