All-Star Worlds 2014 Meme Thread!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

tumblr_n3irt06pei1qiji6mo1_500.jpg
.....still too soon. :/
Haha

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

The 'too theatrical' gets me every time..I'm always picturing someone having a jazz full body experience lol.

I remember when the very first round of USASF's new rules came out (not the Worlds ones), and there was a rule that males weren't allowed to be too theatrical, and I remember a human rights group had threatened action against USASF... I wonder if anything came out of that.
That was also the night "USASF" was trending worldwide on Twitter.. (for those who don't know Twitter, that generally takes quite a few thousand tweets over a short time span)

I remember when the very first round of USASF's new rules came out (not the Worlds ones), and there was a rule that males weren't allowed to be too theatrical, and I remember a human rights group had threatened action against USASF... I wonder if anything came out of that.
That was also the night "USASF" was trending worldwide on Twitter.. (for those who don't know Twitter, that generally takes quite a few thousand tweets over a short time span)
I don't know, but I know several people had gotten in touch with them about it, and they essentially made the backpedal of the century. Since they edited the rules and took it out shortly after, I don't know if they still could have pressed action. We got an 'apology', didn't we? I'll still never forget it. It's an incredibly harmful message for both boys AND girls.

I don't know, but I know several people had gotten in touch with them about it, and they essentially made the backpedal of the century. Since they edited the rules and took it out shortly after, I don't know if they still could have pressed action. We got an 'apology', didn't we? I'll still never forget it. It's an incredibly harmful message for both boys AND girls.

I'd still think something could be done about it, but maybe the people with the issues decided not to? Idk. I'd be interested to find out specifics though. My mind is still, to this day, blown that the USASF ever even CONSIDERED making that a rule, let alone putting it through.

I'd still think something could be done about it, but maybe the people with the issues decided not to? Idk. I'd be interested to find out specifics though. My mind is still, to this day, blown that the USASF ever even CONSIDERED making that a rule, let alone putting it through.
This whole situation is incredibly stupid, and shows them how 'out of touch' they are with the major portion of their member base: cheerleaders. They wasted space listing all sorts of silly, camaraderie gestures that are essentially harmless because they wanted people to stop taking forever to enter the mat. It's a passionate sport with passionate kids, who have literally dedicated their lives to this, and you want to tell them "Keep your happiness down, it bothers us!" Also, you have terrible PR/copywriters, because I agree: letting that through essentially writes ACLU all over it..

They could have simply said: In order to keep the competition moving, with have therefore placed a limit on entrance/exit times which will be strictly enforced. You have 20 seconds to enter and 20 seconds to exit the mat after your performance. We insist that coaches not step onto the mat EXCEPT IN AN EMERGENCY OR IN CASE OF INJURY. Please perform all team rituals/bonding backstage so as to keep everything running on time. Thank you. Boom. Done. Comp keeps time, and no list of high-fiving, butt-slapping, back-patting, team-hugging offenses.

This whole situation is incredibly stupid, and shows them how 'out of touch' they are with the major portion of their member base: cheerleaders. They wasted space listing all sorts of silly, camaraderie gestures that are essentially harmless because they wanted people to stop taking forever to enter the mat. It's a passionate sport with passionate kids, who have literally dedicated their lives to this, and you want to tell them "Keep your happiness down, it bothers us!" Also, you have terrible PR/copywriters, because I agree: letting that through essentially writes ACLU all over it..

They could have simply said: In order to keep the competition moving, with have therefore placed a limit on entrance/exit times which will be strictly enforced. You have 20 seconds to enter and 20 seconds to exit the mat after your performance. We insist that coaches not step onto the mat EXCEPT IN AN EMERGENCY OR IN CASE OF INJURY. Please perform all team rituals/bonding backstage so as to keep everything running on time. Thank you. Boom. Done. Comp keeps time, and no list of high-fiving, butt-slapping, back-patting, team-hugging offenses.

I agree. I think if they want to do the 30 seconds on 30 seconds off thing, that's fine, but don't limit what can happen in those 30 seconds. The rule being enforced would limit peoples' celebrations alone.

I agree. I think if they want to do the 30 seconds on 30 seconds off thing, that's fine, but don't limit what can happen in those 30 seconds. The rule being enforced would limit peoples' celebrations alone.
Because Mckayla Maroney dancing off the podium at the Olympics? DEDUCTION.

There are competitions in Germany that have a rule very similar to this: from the time the first person of the team steps on the mat you have 30 seconds to set up your team and then the routine has to start or you get deductions. You also have 30 seconds after the routine ends to get the team off the mat. Coaches can only step on the mat if the routine is stopped in case of injury. And the first coordinated movement marks the beginning of the routine (so all those 5,6,7,8 "insert team name or whatever is shouted then" and everyone does their starting position of the routine would already be the beginning of the routine). You can hug and tackle all you want during those 30 seconds, but let me tell you: 30 seconds is not much and you won't have time for that.

Just watch this one of Youth Elite doing the chant before taking the stage at Ultimate Battle last weekend. They do it twice at the beginning of the video. Then watch for my CP with the goofiest dance after they break the circle (not sure she thought they were still filming ;)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

They should have that 30 second on and off rule for every comp. There was a team at UCA this year that had a girl sit on the mat and put her shoes and brace on. Those are the ridiculous things they should be limiting not the celebrating.

Back