Worlds Poor Performance

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by Sitz_Lamos, May 3, 2011.

1. Ashley

Ashley Administrator Staff Member National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    They were allowing people to share sits and sit on other people's laps, which they probably shouldn't have done. Some of my teammates let few World Cup fans sit in their laps just so they wouldn't have to leave. If they allowed people to sit in the aisles, the fire marshal would have been there very quickly shutting the whole down. It's the law. You CAN NOT let people sit in the aisles.

2. ibcnu

ibcnu I nugget in the back

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    Imagine if it were a catastrophy when the lights went out?!!? Luckily, no one panicked and the reason the lights went out wasn't because of a fire.

I was there at 7am. I never left the building because I was afraid I wouldn't get back in. Whoever was in charge of the door needs to re-evaluate the situation next year. They need to cut off the people trying to get into the Milkhouse when it reaches capacity.

My CP went to the bathroom right before Large Senior Finals and I'd say about 50 people in a 15 minute span came in and tried to take her seat. I said someone is sitting there and they rolled their eyes at me! After the first 20 people got pissy with me, I got pissy back and would point to the upper rafters, back corner and say "I can see a few seats that are open up there, why don't you try those!?!" I couldn't believe these peole wanted a front row seat!!!One lady said, "But I only need ONE seat." So I told her "You should have been here earlier when the entire section was here BEFORE the performance started that morning, there were plenty of seats at that time."

3. CAPumas

CAPumas They call me Susie

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    YES! My team was in warmups and my groups full up didn't work out on the first try, and as she was falling (me as the backspot) I caught her and I fell to my butt. This spotter behind me literally was OVER me when I was on the ground and then helped me up. I could catch my flyer very much! I know its for safety but don't get in my way when I'm going to watch her!

4. wcsstilldeath

wcsstilldeath I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    The spotters didnt really catch alot of stunts but at one point I remember seeing a spotter get knocked over and did a backwards roll to get out of it. I mean at least he landed underneath a group so save them some pain lol

5. Ashley

Ashley Administrator Staff Member National Champion

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Wow I just failed at typing.

6. Goosepatrick

Goosepatrick I Fierce Board instead of work/study

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    True..I meant to say all the bases not just backspot.

7. IMISSCHEER

IMISSCHEER Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent

8. IMISSCHEER

IMISSCHEER Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Unfortunately on Day 1 our team was performing in the Josten Center and I knew that I would be lucky to find a seat to watch the Lg All Girl Senior Division, my seat was perfect except for the ONE person behind the judges who decided to stand before all of my favorite teams came on. On day 2 we got there at 8 am, had the best seats ever, took little breaks in between and got to see all of the competition. I was a newbie this year and learned alot. The staff was very nice and courteous.

9. Krazycheermom

Krazycheermom Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Industry Professional
    1. Worlds needs to be held in a bigger venue!!!
    2. I can't get there at 6:30 am to get a seat when i need to help my cp get ready, who doen't go on until later in the afternoon.
    3. At the worlds level, do they really need spotters??

Seriously, I've been going to worlds for a few years now and I love the "Disney" experience, but with all of the people who come to watch from all over the world, there has to be a better way to run things. Cheersport is run better than worlds!!!! Bigger venues or multiple (more than 2) venues!

10. Doubledown

Doubledown Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    call me crazy- but what is a cp?

11. CheerKatie08

CheerKatie08 ESPN Star

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    katiejrogers
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    crossword puzzle

12. CrownedtheGR8est

CrownedtheGR8est I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Root of the problem... ALLOWING TOO MANY TEAMS TO GO

13. The Sixth

The Sixth When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I'm ok with that. Had there been more foot traffic, that would pay off more. Ironically, to me it seemed the crowd folks were more assertive in Jostens than the Milkhouse. Altho, it may have just been because the bigger crowd made them give up! I saw mixed instances of them not allowing ppl to sit on laps and in aisles, to not even bothering with them. At one point I even saw a girl standing on what I believe was a trash can!

14. Seeker30

Seeker30 I think I can mix Cheer Music

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    Bob_E30
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    spotters are in the way! thats all i have to say. i consider all of us professionals coming from a level 5 team! im sure we can handle our own stunts with you trying to push us out of the way to to save the stunt that didnt need your help! -___-

15. icame2WERQ

icame2WERQ I have my own cheer message board

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Industry Professional
    Maybe when a team gets a bid that allows each athlete to have seat and maybe 2 extra seat tickets. Kind of like when you graduate highschool/college and you get "x" amount of tickets for your parents/guardians.

Then the remaining of the tickets that don't get used can be sold on ticketmaster lol