All-Star Crazy Cheer Parent Stories--spill 'em!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Question:

Do you really need to post tumbling videos from every private your kid takes and tag coaches every time? With comments like "New skill! Working so hard!"

Particularly when your kid is not on the (school cheer) team and tryouts aren't for another month or so?

Am I off-base for thinking that's odd?

I know that's the first thing I look for on social media when it's tryout season (eye roll).

Question:

Do you really need to post tumbling videos from every private your kid takes and tag coaches every time? With comments like "New skill! Working so hard!"

Particularly when your kid is not on the (school cheer) team and tryouts aren't for another month or so?

Am I off-base for thinking that's odd?
Especially when the skill is so poorly executed that you know for a fact the kid shouldn't be doing it.

Explain to me why I should be impressed by your child's round-off back headspring layuck that barely clears the mat by two feet? I'd rather see a solid handstand.

round-off back headspring layuck .

I just showered my phone with water. Warn me before you use phrases like this. This sounds like something I would come up with.

Actually, when one of my students is learning a skill and does a horrifically executed version of the skill, I "name it" after them. "You did it first, you get to name it, so we're going to call that a 'round off betty lou.' now if you ever make it to the Olympics, that's the only time you're allowed to do it ever again."

I just showered my phone with water. Warn me before you use phrases like this. This sounds like something I would come up with.

Actually, when one of my students is learning a skill and does a horrifically executed version of the skill, I "name it" after them. "You did it first, you get to name it, so we're going to call that a 'round off betty lou.' now if you ever make it to the Olympics, that's the only time you're allowed to do it ever again."
I love that.

I posted this picture to answer questions. I appreciate those of you who didn't call my daughter a hooker. ;)

And if you want one, let me know and I'll tell you where you can get one and help you save a little money with a coupon. If your gym requires big teased hair, they are a huge time saver, not to mention that they save the hair from a lot of damage.

Edited to add:
I will address two things quickly before I officially drop this. First, my CP doesn't even wear eyeliner, so I'm not sure where the 'hooker eyeliner' comments are coming from. In those photos, she's wearing smoky eye makeup, mascara, a little blush and bronzer, and red lipstick. Truthfully, that's not much different than what I wear every day except that I don't wear red. Red lipstick is required for uniformity on all of the athletes at our gym.

Two, I cannot believe that her skills are being called into question because of the height of her hair or her makeup. Do you know my CP at all? Or any other athlete that you pass in the hall of a comp? What in the world makes you think that you are entitled to judge anyone's skill level by the height of their hair or their non-existent eyeliner? And to judge them as you pass them in the hall no less? That just seems a bit juvenile to me. But to each his/her own.
Omg. I thought you were saying you could offer coupons for hookers. [emoji15]

Glad you really aren't.

**That will be 5 cents please**

Cp's team does the high teased pony. At the last comp on day 2 her pony was teased so high that when she asked I actually told her it looked too big (and of course insulted her; I should've kept my mouth shut until after she competed lol).

I just showed her the LoT pix and told her they were hairpieces. Her response was "Can I get one?"
And since you're a good mom, you said "hell no!" right?

Do you think that the big teased pony is on its way out of style? My daughter used to love the massive teased look, but she wants no part of it anymore. Her gym isn't specific about their hair...it just needs to be in a high pony if it's longer than shoulder length. The rest is up to the athlete. (No pouf, I think...but those seem done, anyway)

DP had her last practice of the week before we're at American Open; a comp that just happens to keep dance and cheer together. When describing the convention center, I kid you not the coach literally said, "Follow the cheerleaders, smell for hairspray, if their hair is big and they have a big bow you're going the right way..." It is still totally a thing here; thankfully not at CP's gym, but most of the ones we see at comps.

Do you think that the big teased pony is on its way out of style? My daughter used to love the massive teased look, but she wants no part of it anymore. Her gym isn't specific about their hair...it just needs to be in a high pony if it's longer than shoulder length. The rest is up to the athlete. (No pouf, I think...but those seem done, anyway)

I honestly think we're on our way back to regular curled/straight hight ponies with maybe a braid back to a high pony.

I honestly think we're on our way back to regular curled/straight hight ponies with maybe a braid back to a high pony.
Why do that when you can do this?
c47a3011f8b7056be43accee3b20b1e2.jpg

Back