All-Star Most Competitive Division

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Definitely Large Junior 3 and Sm and Lg Sr 4. Cp was on those teams in past years and always had more than 8+ or so teams. Cp is on a Lg Sr Restricted Coed 5 team this season and will only be going against people a bigger comps. We won't be coming across any other teams in this division until UCA, which is a long time away. :(
You must not live in Texas!![emoji51][emoji51] our large coed r5 has had competition at every comp this year. Even as much as 4 teams from big gyms at small one day comps. Now we have nothing but big comps left so they will always have competition but that's crazy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You must not live in Texas!![emoji51][emoji51] our large coed r5 has had competition at every comp this year. Even as much as 4 teams from big gyms at small one day comps. Now we have nothing but big comps left so they will always have competition but that's crazy!!

Nope! Lol, I guess if they combined divisions with Small Coed Restricted or Lg All-girl Restricted we would have competition, but as long as they don't combined it we won't have any because there is only one other team in the Lg Sr Res Coed 5 division anywhere near us and they only do bigger competitions.

Nope! Lol, I guess if they combined divisions with Small Coed Restricted or Lg All-girl Restricted we would have competition, but as long as they don't combined it we won't have any because there is only one other team in the Lg Sr Res Coed 5 division anywhere near us and they only do bigger competitions.
That's weird they don't combine it.. I know unless there is two of each they are always combined here.
But then again it isn't a super popular division! If y'all get a bid to summit we will get to see you guys there!! Good luck this season!!!:)

That's weird they don't combine it.. I know unless there is two of each they are always combined here.
But then again it isn't a super popular division! If y'all get a bid to summit we will get to see you guys there!! Good luck this season!!!:)

Yes! We are hoping to get a bid! Good luck to you guys too. First bid comp is in 2 weeks and then bid comps almost every weekend!:D We will be at UCA too!

I must admit, all of the competitions my daughter attended, I vaguely recalled an over-saturated competition in Y2 and especially, J3... I still remembered at a big competition last year, our Y2 competed against 24 teams, I think it was in either RI or Nashville, but not sure and too lazy to look it up....
Sorry, I must recant this statement. After thinking about it more, the competition I am now recalling the 20+ teams occurred at Summit and I definitely recalled a parent of a Y2 athlete reporting about the huge competition her child faced during that weekend, which I believe this team did not make it to the semi-finals...

Mini 1. For years we would have 2-3xs as many in our division as the older teams would. The fact that they don't split it into small and large did not help either.

I can see this division (and tiny's) being deep at every comp. I doubt there are very many teams in this age group with more than 20 kids (could you imagine coaching 25 tiny's on one team?) so I'm sure it never gets split into large and small.

I'd say L2 would be most "competitive" in any age group, because most of the teams have all mastered and are performing the same skills or variations of the same skills. Higher levels you can start separating technique and skill a little bit more.

In my area it's definitely J2, Sr 2, and Sr 3. J3 really isn't super common here but J2 is insane. There really aren't many Sr 1 teams here either, and then the upper level teams are pretty rare. Mini 2 and Sr 5 are pretty uncommon and Y4/Y5/J4/J5 are practically nonexistent
Also, small divisions are almost always bigger here.

Last edited:
I can see this division (and tiny's) being deep at every comp. I doubt there are very many teams in this age group with more than 20 kids (could you imagine coaching 25 tiny's on one team?) so I'm sure it never gets split into large and small.

omg, I bet you are right. I have asked so many people why there was never a split and no one knew. Sometimes the most logical answer escapes me!

omg, I bet you are right. I have asked so many people why there was never a split and no one knew. Sometimes the most logical answer escapes me!

True but i've noticed usually smaller tiny teams tend to win over larger tiny teams.

Next weekend at Jamfest Indy, our j2, j3, and y2 teams all have 20+ other teams in their division... And that's with a large/small/small d2 split. No shortage of competition for any of those teams no matter where we go.

Next weekend at Jamfest Indy, our j2, j3, and y2 teams all have 20+ other teams in their division... And that's with a large/small/small d2 split. No shortage of competition for any of those teams no matter where we go.
Wow that's crazy! Are those large or small divisions? The large j3 in our gym has only gone against 3 teams this season [emoji15]at one comp and the rest against only 1 or two teams and they ended up mixing lg and small.

Wow that's crazy! Are those large or small divisions? The large j3 in our gym has only gone against 3 teams this season [emoji15]at one comp and the rest against only 1 or two teams and they ended up mixing lg and small.

we're in small division II at Indy. Our S2 has 18 teams in their division and our J1 has the smallest out of all with "only" 11 teams.

We have 5 teams and this will be our 4th competition of the season. Only one team at one competition has seen a division of less than 5 teams. The lower level divisions are deep! Keeps us on our toes for sure.

Back