OT New New Random Thread...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Ugh I wish we got to see them, but we were second to last so we missed our entire division while we were in warmups. My mom said they were great though! :)
We hit which is all I could ask for considering we literally replaced someone this morning! I'm so proud of us and especially my new flyer because she hadn't flown at all since April and hit it like she had been doing it for months. We really thought we were going to have to pull - I'm glad I got to compete and hitting and placing 4th was just a bonus! :D

I saw your Instagram pic!!! That's seriously so awesome. Congratulations!!! :)

Does anyone remember Discovery Zone? It was that HUGE place with all of the slides and tubes and ball pits and whatnot. We used to have one or something like it at the mall in Knoxville but it closed when I was like 5. I looooooooved it. I feel like if someone were to reopen one they would make a ton of money....
I was talking about this the other day and my younger cousin had no idea what I was talking about. DZ was THE place when I was a kid! I loved it and always wondered why it closed! Someone should bring them back!

I was talking about this the other day and my younger cousin had no idea what I was talking about. DZ was THE place when I was a kid! I loved it and always wondered why it closed! Someone should bring them back!
I think they closed because they expanded too fast and lost a ton of money... They were like 3 million dollars in debt or something like that! If someone did it right they could so bring it back or something like it! I want to believe that all of the stuff is still at the one that used to be in my mall and one day someone is going to secretly reopen it..... They never put anything in its place and just closed off the entire area that it used to be in! Hahaha but I'm 100% sure that everything is gone... But a girl can dream!!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I think they closed because they expanded too fast and lost a ton of money... They were like 3 million dollars in debt or something like that! If someone did it right they could so bring it back or something like it! I want to believe that all of the stuff is still at the one that used to be in my mall and one day someone is going to secretly reopen it..... They never put anything in its place and just closed off the entire area that it used to be in! Hahaha but I'm 100% sure that everything is gone... But a girl can dream!!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
As a grown woman I would so go and jump in the bouncy floor room and slide down the rod slide with no shame if they brought it back. Pretty sure our old DZ is a trampoline park now, they're in the same general area. I was so young I don't remember exactly which building was DZ. Chuck E Cheese and Pump It Up are sad attempts at what was pure awesomeness!

Livid because a student stole my phone, and I was able to track it to her house but she's claiming she doesn't have it, and I'm so upset because I can't do anything about it.
call the police. I'm assuming you have reasonable evidence considering you tracked it there. although I am from Australia I'm pretty sure it would still be considered a theft, which is illegal and therefore perfectly acceptable to contact law enforcement.

call the police. I'm assuming you have reasonable evidence considering you tracked it there. although I am from Australia I'm pretty sure it would still be considered a theft, which is illegal and therefore perfectly acceptable to contact law enforcement.

Wow this is an older post, we did contact law enforcement, my mom worked at my HS, and we have a good relationship with the school police officer as my dad is retired from the department, but still the needed more evidence. Unfortunately, the 'investigation' was dropped, as this all happened in the last 3 days of school, and I graduated. I did get a new phone shortly afterwards and iCloud had all my texts, pictures ect backed up so it was like having my old phone again.

I just found out today that my phone is a wifi hotspot. I've had it for a year and never knew until one of my mock trial teammates showed me at our practice yesterday. No more having to deal with my school's unreliable student wifi! :)

I just found out today that my phone is a wifi hotspot. I've had it for a year and never knew until one of my mock trial teammates showed me at our practice yesterday. No more having to deal with my school's unreliable student wifi! :)
I don't think you understand how this works. You turn on your wifi hotspot so other people can use your phone (and your data) to get wifi.

Correct me if I am wrong.

The wifi at my college is a joke so much that we joke about if they ever pay the internet bill because it drops you more than you can stay online. Even our professors warn us about trying to do anything important on it because of how much it sucks. :p

@Twinklestars I bring my laptop to school a lot to work on college apps during down time, so I use it for that :)
It comes out of my data plan, but I have unlimited so it doesn't really make a difference for me.

What phone do you have? A lot of carriers turned that feature off for users with unlimited data. At least on iPhones, they can't really control it on Android as easily.

I have AT&T and used to have unlimited data and couldn't use it without paying more money or dropping unlimited. Now I'm on a shared data plan and realized I can do it on my phone now. We have 10gb data/month for two phones, so I've got a good amount of data to work with.

Also, unrelated, but does anyone have any recommendation for boots for women with small calves? Not snow boots, but I've been wanting a pair of riding boot type boots for years and never got one because my calves are so tiny they all look ridiculous.

What phone do you have? A lot of carriers turned that feature off for users with unlimited data. At least on iPhones, they can't really control it on Android as easily.

I have AT&T and used to have unlimited data and couldn't use it without paying more money or dropping unlimited. Now I'm on a shared data plan and realized I can do it on my phone now. We have 10gb data/month for two phones, so I've got a good amount of data to work with.

Also, unrelated, but does anyone have any recommendation for boots for women with small calves? Not snow boots, but I've been wanting a pair of riding boot type boots for years and never got one because my calves are so tiny they all look ridiculous.
Thanks for the heads up! I have an iPhone 5s but I called customer service and they said my plan covers it :)

I have chicken legs and I've never found riding type boots that fit my calves so if you find some please share.

I wore rampage riding boots today with a dress....they were far from "tight" on my calves but it didn't look ridiculous either

Back