All-Star 2012 London Olympics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Watched the womens gymnastics last night and I just wish they would show more athletes from other countries! Yes, of course I want to see my USA ladies but they only showed one other routine that was not USA. I want to see what we're up against.
Routines to check out: Beth Tweedle and He Kexin for bars, Sui Lu for beam, Deng Linlin, Victoria Komova and Aliya Mustafina all around, Sandra Izbasa for vault and floor.

Komova is going to be the big one for Gabby & Aly to edge out in all around. For team competition, Russia seems to be our biggest competition, though China can certainly be contenders if they clean up their mistakes for finals. Can't count out Romania and GB as well.....anything can happen on day 2.

Watched the womens gymnastics last night and I just wish they would show more athletes from other countries! Yes, of course I want to see my USA ladies but they only showed one other routine that was not USA. I want to see what we're up against.
They showed alot of Romania gymnasts late last night and a few others

Aliya Mustafina is also one to watch. she is not the same girl she was before her injury skill wise but she is still a big contender for a medal especially if she cleans up her mistakes from day one!

I was just very disheartened by the criticism of the men's team I saw online. I'm sure it's only going to get worse tonight when it airs in primetime. Yeah they had a rough day. But sitting their FROM YOUR COUCH calling out an athlete that has been training their entire life is just ignorant.
I agree that saying things like "embarrassing" is harsh but when your leading after qualifications and make many extremely uncharacteristic mistakes, disappointment is to be expected.

I agree that saying things like "embarrassing" is harsh but when your leading after qualifications and make many extremely uncharacteristic mistakes, disappointment is to be expected.
Disappointment is one thing; I was disappointed because that team had SO much potential, but I agree with cheerKT . Between last night and this morning you'd think my timeline was made up of past Olympians, Olympic coaches, and gymnastic experts. It was just like seeing people say that Lochte lost the 4x100 for the US... no, the French guy was just SO good. Same thing happened with people talking about gym. I think ignorant is a good word for it, and I totally get her frustration with what she saw.

I was just very disheartened by the criticism of the men's team I saw online. I'm sure it's only going to get worse tonight when it airs in primetime. Yeah they had a rough day. But sitting their FROM YOUR COUCH calling out an athlete that has been training their entire life is just ignorant.

....I'm actually drafting legislation calling for all 5 of them and their coaches to get evicted from these United States.

the men's gymnastics team was obviously not mentally ready or prepared..............when a vaulter jumps in the middle of the springboard you know something is not right..............

Missy Franklin winning gold:cloud9: but the today show ad before her race totally spoiled the results for me!! Another reason why I can't stand that show at all. :banghead:
And props to Matt Grevers, repping IL!
Mens gymnastics-- :( hoping we can pull it together in AA and individual event finals.
I'm missing Womens Team Finals tomorrow for practice. I'm very upset. >.<

I am a little nervous for beam tomorrow. they took wieber out of the lineup and have Kyla, Gabby, and Aly. Both Kyla and Gabby make me nervous on beam.

I am a little nervous for beam tomorrow. they took wieber out of the lineup and have Kyla, Gabby, and Aly. Both Kyla and Gabby make me nervous on beam.
i was surprised they picked Gabby over Jordyn as well. While Gabby's score was excellent yesterday she is just SO inconsistent on beam.

Oh I agree, I was SO disappointed. But like fiercerando88 said, the insults aren't needed. I never knew I had so many Olympic level gymnastic coaches on my timeline!!! hahaha

Can anyone explain the layout of event and AA finals for me please? I've forgotten since 2008. I know who all has qualified for everything, but I'm confused on how it actually goes. Everyone competes on their individual events and then the AA girls compete again on everything?

So excited for Women's Finals tonight! Rooting for Team USA to bring home the Gold so Jordyn can still have a gold medal! But hoping GB can medal (highly unlikely but who would of predicted us getting a medal yesterday?!)

Can anyone tell me the USA Lineup for the women's team final tonight? So who is competing on what? Sad they took Wieber out, her beam was my favorite.
That full :cloud9:

Back