All-Star 2012 London Olympics

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ok, so now imagine that event happening the way cheer is scored/awarded. All the gymnasts sitting on the stage being called out 1 by 1 starting in 24th place. The medalists only find out their place as their name gets called. Does that make the event better or not?

Now also imagine that the specific apparatus scores are never revealed. They announce the final totals, but that is it. Maybe the athletes get to find out what THEY got on each event, but can only guess as to what the other athletes got and even which events they got out-scored. Would that be better for gymnastics? Would it seem more or less legitimate?

Ok, so now imagine that event happening the way cheer is scored/awarded. All the gymnasts sitting on the stage being called out 1 by 1 starting in 24th place. The medalists only find out their place as their name gets called. Does that make the event better or not?

Now also imagine that the specific apparatus scores are never revealed. They announce the final totals, but that is it. Maybe the athletes get to find out what THEY got on each event, but can only guess as to what the other athletes got and even which events they got out-scored. Would that be better for gymnastics? Would it seem more or less legitimate?
This post speaks volumes.

Another meme (if you want to call it that) from tumblr about McKayla. :p
tumblr_m85ghrjlu21rarq0uo1_500.jpg

Seriously hoping for Viktoria Komova to come back for 2016.
Same for Wieber, Mustafina, Ross and Maroney - but especially for Komova.

Either way, I think Aly will want to try to come back and win the AA finals but I can't be too sure. I just don't want this generation of girls to die out like the last ones did. It was pretty sad seeing Shawn, Nastia and Alicia make the decision to not continue.

Either way, I think Aly will want to try to come back and win the AA finals but I can't be too sure. I just don't want this generation of girls to die out like the last ones did. It was pretty sad seeing Shawn, Nastia and Alicia make the decision to not continue.

I think Nastia tried to come back. Unfortunately, she had a rough time & wasn't choosen for the team.

Does anyone know how many they're picking for Rio? 5? i know it 's early for predictions but i hope Elizabeth Price and Sarah F are picked !

Does anyone know how many they're picking for Rio? 5? i know it 's early for predictions but i hope Elizabeth Price and Sarah F are picked !
Had flashbacks to the day after Worlds and people started posting about who will win in 2013...too soon!

Agree about Komova. She is just beautiful to watch. But she is 17. It was different when gymnasts were at their first Olympics at 13-14 and and then had another 4 years to peak.
Shawn tried to come back but had that knee injury from skiing that she knew rehab would be very difficulty to go through to get back into top form just to hope to get to the trials. Alicia and Nastia did try - they were at the Olympic trials, weren't they? There were just others who were better and made the team.

Back