OT Christmas Wishlist 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Those are cool gift ideas. We actually don't do birthday parties yet because we do experience gifts, a weekend away with some sort of attraction. CP got Disney on Ice and a night away in Orlando with a place of her choice to eat, DP got Legoland and a night away as well. My sister found a cool place with snow in Georgia we're considering piggy backing off of----if not, I need to hunt around for the shows coming to town or things we can do.

First off, your kiddos sound awesome. I love that your little one asked for legos and that they like taking stuff apart and using tools. They sound like very engaged and smart kids.

Do they like going to camp? Or have they ever been? What about a sleep away camp trip for the summer. Or something different like a horseback riding day, or a rafting excursion.

Those are cool gift ideas. We actually don't do birthday parties yet because we do experience gifts, a weekend away with some sort of attraction. CP got Disney on Ice and a night away in Orlando with a place of her choice to eat, DP got Legoland and a night away as well. My sister found a cool place with snow in Georgia we're considering piggy backing off of----if not, I need to hunt around for the shows coming to town or things we can do.

Not sure how close these places are to you but the Matilda the Musical Tour is coming to FL in February.
0e23bbfa8f82c8cb9738dafe03f67ffe.jpg

Your girls may really love that. There is quite a bit of dancing and singing and lots of kids in the musical itself. I think it has a special place in young girl's hearts since the lead is also a young girl. It's like when little girls fall in love with Annie. Its very kid and adult friendly (it's surprisingly witty, adults laugh more than the kids). I'd recommend Matilda to everyone, even if you're not into musicals. It's really good.

(Side note: They're in Syracuse right now and I've been begging my dad to take my mom as an "experience" gift and he won't even though he knows they'd both love it. He's so stubborn. [emoji35] )

I have an iPhone! I'll also need one for my straightener and what not too lol

Be careful with your straightener and adapters. Last year when I was over there, mine burned out when I plugged it into the adapter and wouldn't ever turn back on. I had to keep going over to my cousin or sisters house and using their straightener lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
First off, your kiddos sound awesome. I love that your little one asked for legos and that they like taking stuff apart and using tools. They sound like very engaged and smart kids.

Do they like going to camp? Or have they ever been? What about a sleep away camp trip for the summer. Or something different like a horseback riding day, or a rafting excursion.

Aw thanks. I think my kids are pretty cool, but I'm sure most parents say that. My DP is exceptionally smart and a bit on the special needs side for that reason (mixture of OCD and perfectionism that mimick's autism at times; I wouldn't know her IQ if it weren't for that evaluation but she makes me feel dumb pretty much daily) so we've never considered a sleep away camp for her, but CP is looking forward to being old enough for Woodward (go figure, but with her birthday, she's got 2 more years of waiting). You have reminded me that I need to look back into horse riding, I know we have it in our area I just need to figure out where. CP has also been asking to go ice skating and wants surfing lessons. DP can be my trickier one, but even another trip to Legoland would make her happy. Most kids ask for Disney, all she wants is to live in a land filled with Lego's and if she can't have that, she wants a Zoo or Aquarium. We have a Zoo Membership and they're building an Aquarium now so we'll get a membership when that pops up! Oh but we haven't done the Space Center yet---now I'm talking out loud, but that's another good one for her.

Not sure how close these places are to you but the Matilda the Musical Tour is coming to FL in February.
0e23bbfa8f82c8cb9738dafe03f67ffe.jpg

Your girls may really love that. There is quite a bit of dancing and singing and lots of kids in the musical itself. I think it has a special place in young girl's hearts since the lead is also a young girl. It's like when little girls fall in love with Annie. Its very kid and adult friendly (it's surprisingly witty, adults laugh more than the kids). I'd recommend Matilda to everyone, even if you're not into musicals. It's really good.

(Side note: They're in Syracuse right now and I've been begging my dad to take my mom as an "experience" gift and he won't even though he knows they'd both love it. He's so stubborn. [emoji35] )

I think Tampa is the closer of the three and it falls on a comp weekend, but I'll check into tickets for that Sunday. We'll be in Orlando anyway so we'd be half way there by that point. I also found a Disney Live! show that is coming about 40 minutes away that my kids may be into. We just did Disney on Ice in September and my hope is to do the spring show too.

Would a Meccano set be something she would be interested in?

We have a few Erector Sets, she also has the tinker toys, Lincoln logs, Lego's, Lego Technic (her favorite version right now) and K'Nex. She got one last year that looks like an amusement park ride and this year I grabbed her the Rollercoaster along with another 375 pc set to add to her collection. At Wal*Mart I scored the 1500 ct set of Lego's x2 for her on Black Friday and I plan on getting her a large Lego Technic item---not sure which one yet. But I'll check into the Meccano Erector Sets, I don't think anything we have is that version---I'll have to look. I did some building stuff as a kid, but for a lot of that I've defaulted to whatever DH thinks is best because she's essentially the female version of him.

I'm having a hard time coming up with to stuff to ask for besides money.
I'm taking a month long trip to Europe in May, and there isn't really anything I don't have for the trip besides some clothes that i'd rather go and buy.
The only thing I need is some packing cubes and an adapter/converter for my phone.
Honestly, it might be worth it to get a straightener there if youll be gone for a month. I think I paid 20 pounds for mine which is roughly 35 dollars. It also depends on how much you straighten your hair.

We played it like this, and had a three swap limit on the gifts. But then #1 got to again at the end and keep their gift or steal any available one.
Wish I played it that way lol. When I first played I was # 1. And nobody wanted the gift I opened lol. Everyone did fight over my gift I brought though.

Wish I played it that way lol. When I first played I was # 1. And nobody wanted the gift I opened lol. Everyone did fight over my gift I brought though.
It is rare to see dirty Santa played that someone doesn't walk away hurt or angry. Either they get a crappy gift or one that obviously didn't cost the minimum amount.

I absolutely despise it and would much rather draw names and have the people write a few items as ideas along with their name.

It is rare to see dirty Santa played that someone doesn't walk away hurt or angry. Either they get a crappy gift or one that obviously didn't cost the minimum amount.

I absolutely despise it and would much rather draw names and have the people write a few items as ideas along with their name.
That first party I went to had some nice gifts and some not so much. The gift I picked wasn't bad, but it definitely wasn't the worst. Someone got popcorn and an "adult" movie.
I have big family so we pick names too. It's not secret gift exchange because we try not to pick from our own household. We also write wish list. It's just to give ideas on what to get someone.

My hunter boots are the same size as my uggs. A thing about hunter boots, they do a really poor job of keeping your feet warm, so you definitely need the hunter socks as well as another pair under them. If you're uggs are snug, go up a size for the hunters.

I got the fleece socks and I got the soft insoles ( I can't think of the material) but they feel like the bottom of my uggs. Love them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I hate 'white elephants'. There is always someone jealous that someone stole their gift, or someone that ends up with a crappy gift. There should be a rule that if you are happy with your gift you can't swap.

My company holiday party always involves a white elephant gift exchange, and it is always awesome. Almost nobody adheres to the $20 limit, so there are some really great gifts and really silly gifts. I always bring something related to squirrels and they are usually the most sought after gifts, probably because my coworkers are ridiculous and fun. No one has ever left angry. Then again, while silly gifts are encouraged, no one would ever bring something vulgar or disgusting. (The best party was where the 91 year old wife of a former owner opened Cards Against Humanity, told everyone that she really wanted it to play with the ladies at her assisted living facility, then had it stolen - and stole it back - repeatedly. She ended up with it and was very pleased with it, haha!)

I'll have to see if we have any of those types workshops around. We do a lot of cooking together, and cleaning @Alexx ;p, but none of it is really their own stuff. I think I saw some Kid's baking stuff recently---I'll have to hunt that down again. DH is a mechanic and does a lot of wood working on the side---5 year old took his tools this week and disassembled my alarm clock. I'm scared to give her more tools...
Check with your local hobby lobby or Joann's.

My company holiday party always involves a white elephant gift exchange, and it is always awesome. Almost nobody adheres to the $20 limit, so there are some really great gifts and really silly gifts. I always bring something related to squirrels and they are usually the most sought after gifts, probably because my coworkers are ridiculous and fun. No one has ever left angry. Then again, while silly gifts are encouraged, no one would ever bring something vulgar or disgusting. (The best party was where the 91 year old wife of a former owner opened Cards Against Humanity, told everyone that she really wanted it to play with the ladies at her assisted living facility, then had it stolen - and stole it back - repeatedly. She ended up with it and was very pleased with it, haha!)
We've always had fun with ours. The best was when I worked for a private family practice. Tons of silly gifts, some nice alcoholic beverages, etc. I guess some people are just kill joys. Maybe I don't love what I end up with but hey...it's a white elephant and may end up in the madness again next year! We do it with our family. We have a stupid duck we decorate...if you get it, you have to decorate it and bring to the next family get together.

Did she get the Bigger Blacker Box? If so, I hope she found the secret card.

Back