OT Christmas Wishlist 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
The children's department from my old library system always did white elephant at our December meeting. You either had to bring a gift that only cost $1 or re gift something.

I would always wrap up a mega millions quick pick.

I would always play the numbers from the quick pick for my own personal ticket in case it won

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is "white elephant" a common name for the gift exchange thing?? I have only ever heard it called a "Yankee swap" (the same exact concept just different name). I didn't even know what a "white elephant" was until a couple days ago when I came across an article on buzzfeed that mentioned it.

My family does two. We bring a nice gift that's gender specific, then we bring something from our house we don't want anymore. No one really cares what they get. We actually have way more fun with the regift part, I've gotten old football helmets, beads, coloring books that were half used, etc....

Is "white elephant" a common name for the gift exchange thing?? I have only ever heard it called a "Yankee swap" (the same exact concept just different name). I didn't even know what a "white elephant" was until a couple days ago when I came across an article on buzzfeed that mentioned it.

We call it Dirty Santa.

Definitely White Elephant here. Never heard of a Yankee Swap.

I'm guessing Yankee swap is a New England thing. I've heard of white elephant, but from people from Florida. Everyone from here (MA) calls it a Yankee swap.

I'm guessing Yankee swap is a New England thing. I've heard of white elephant, but from people from Florida. Everyone from here (MA) calls it a Yankee swap.

Can confirm, everyone I know calls it a Yankee Swap.

Where I'm from, white elephant is the type of gift and then there are different names for the game where the gift is exchanged. To me, a white elephant gift is usually something regifted, unwanted or a gag gift.

I have heard it called white elephant. Never Yankee swap. I have also heard it called Chinese gift exchange and played it as such years ago. It was always more or less funny/gag gifts for the most part - nothing that you would really take as a serious gift, but more for fun at a party.

I have a very tight knit group of fun friends. We do a Yankee Swap as a "regift party" on the first Sat after the holiday. Everyone is supposed to bring in the crappiest gift that they got to regift. Of course a few people buy some really insane stuff, just for the party, and considering that my in laws hated me, I always had a pathetic gift to regift ;( The swap is the highlight of the party with tons of laughter, and sometimes, we even end up with something good. One man's trash is another man's treasure...

White elephant
Oh and I'd like some Valentino Rockstud pumps and a classic Chanel quilted handbag. Both in black ;) (hey, it says "wishlist")

Anyone looking for some cute mom/family gifts, I hosted a Stella and Dot party with my roommate this weekend. It's good quality jewelry at a good price. (I usually buy cheap stuff that tarnishes so fast, lol) Anything ordered by next weekend is guaranteed before Christmas!

Stella & Dot

Back