OT Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders: Making The Team

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
My favorite from last season got cut for having stumpy legs and not looking good in the uniform, Vivian Ralena. It sucked, but it is what it is.

I believe someone mentioned in an earlier post something about cup size. In 10 seasons I can't personally recall them cutting someone for being too busty or not busty enough (I particularly remember that convo with Jinelle from Australia). They always tell them them the right kind of bra to wear during the uniform sizing (padded or not padded because "the top has plenty of lift"). I've never seen them on camera encourage plastic surgery

Side note. The most disappointing thing about the process is that they consider a variety of hair color "diversity" and nothing else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have heard the blonde make comments in the initial tryouts, before training camp, about bust lines and have heard several girls in the early seasons say they got implants after not making it to training camp. Telling a girl that her face isn't pretty enough sends the message that she needs to fix it to make the team, wether they say it or not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have heard the blonde make comments in the initial tryouts, before training camp, about bust lines and have heard several girls in the early seasons say they got implants after not making it to training camp. Telling a girl that her face isn't pretty enough sends the message that she needs to fix it to make the team, wether they say it or not.

I've heard her (ie this season) make comments when a dancer wears a top too small and she spills out of it and they're worried about wardrobe malfunctions. I've also heard them ask girls during uniform fittings if their chest was real or fake (using their little Texas colloquialisms) and they always make a face/raise their eyebrows when the girl says fake which implies to me that they don't support or endorse plastic surgery in general let alone for the purpose of making the team. Ditto about the girl this season that clearly had worked done on her face and didn't look a day under 52.

I'd also hope that these girls, that are auditioning to be professional dancers don't equate "not having the right look for the team" with not being pretty. Madeline this season was certainly pretty ( she looked like Taylor Swift when she first started putting out music ever but if Taylor had worn a bad black wig) but she didn't have a DCC look. She had a baby face. Baby faces can't really flirt and sell sex appeal. I bet she could come back in 3 or 5 years and make it.

I just think the bottom line is these girls are auditioning for a job. Just like modeling, acting and any other kind of dancing some will have the look they're looking for. Some won't.

I've heard her (ie this season) make comments when a dancer wears a top too small and she spills out of it and they're worried about wardrobe malfunctions. I've also heard them ask girls during uniform fittings if their chest was real or fake (using their little Texas colloquialisms) and they always make a face/raise their eyebrows when the girl says fake which implies to me that they don't support or endorse plastic surgery in general let alone for the purpose of making the team. Ditto about the girl this season that clearly had worked done on her face and didn't look a day under 52.

I'd also hope that these girls, that are auditioning to be professional dancers don't equate "not having the right look for the team" with not being pretty. Madeline this season was certainly pretty ( she looked like Taylor Swift when she first started putting out music ever but if Taylor had worn a bad black wig) but she didn't have a DCC look. She had a baby face. Baby faces can't really flirt and sell sex appeal. I bet she could come back in 3 or 5 years and make it.

I just think the bottom line is these girls are auditioning for a job. Just like modeling, acting and any other kind of dancing some will have the look they're looking for. Some won't.

You are right, but my point is that I definitely don't want my child exposed to those comments and I don't think it is healthy for young girls in general who are still developing their body image to be exposed to them. I DID hear the blonde lady make comments to the other judges in the initial auditions about girls being too flat. It was in one of the early seasons, and part of what turned me off of the show. For the body type they want, it's hard to be as skinny as they want and have big enough boobs without enhancement. I would wager that a majority of the girls are enhanced. They just don't want it to be obvious. The ones that go "too big" are the ones they are questioning.

...I do have to agree I feel so bad for some of he girls who get picked apart for how they look, they must go home feeling so conflicted about if "they're not Right for the job" or "they're not right". :(
That is the "entertainment industry"... And in pro cheer it's part entertainment industry only part cheer. More so... Entertainment... And I'd say equal part "modeling" (if that makes sense)

...I do have to agree I feel so bad for some of he girls who get picked apart for how they look, they must go home feeling so conflicted about if "they're not Right for the job" or "they're not right". :(
That is the "entertainment industry"... And in pro cheer it's part entertainment industry only part cheer. More so... Entertainment... And I'd say equal part "modeling" (if that makes sense)
There's no cheerleading in pro cheer.

ETA: Ahaha I know I keep repeating myself, but I have several bones to pick with pro sports leagues that refer to their dancers as cheerleaders. It has ruined our image (with help from Hollywood and the adult industry).

Definitely agree. I'm more a fan of UCA style high school cheer anyway, though the all-star wold is endlessly entertaining.

I think both styles have a lot of merit, but I'll admit, I struggle watching the UCA style now that CP is so into AS.

In conversation, I also make a point of saying CP participates in all-star cheerleading or competitive cheerleading so that it kinda stands alone without having to explain the differences between what cheerleaders do at rec games versus what an average comp for her is like. I'm sure a few people have thought I've said it to sound pretentious, but they all really do need their own names.

I think both styles have a lot of merit, but I'll admit, I struggle watching the UCA style now that CP is so into AS.

In conversation, I also make a point of saying CP participates in all-star cheerleading or competitive cheerleading so that it kinda stands alone without having to explain the differences between what cheerleaders do at rec games versus what an average comp for her is like. I'm sure a few people have thought I've said it to sound pretentious, but they all really do need their own names.
I agree that all-star needs its own name, but I want it to be a name that sounds something like 'cheer', but distinctive.

I honestly think Megan B. has gotten the worse edit in the 10 years DCC:MTT has been on.

Which one is Megan B? The one that quit last night?

Meagan Flaherty has the worst edit/time spent on the show in my opinion. Her struggle lasted 3 seasons.

Yeah Meg B was the one who quit last year. I don't think they could have made her look anymore like an airhead had they tried. That was painful to watch.

Meghan F was bad but she was like a ticking time bomb to me.

Observation: Every year, there is someone (at least one) who either needed to be cut really early or probably never should have made training camp.

They're the one who is ALWAYS being corrected by Kelli/Judy yet is never cut until like, the last episode.

Who do you all think is that girl this season?

Observation: Every year, there is someone (at least one) who either needed to be cut really early or probably never should have made training camp.

They're the one who is ALWAYS being corrected by Kelli/Judy yet is never cut until like, the last episode.

Who do you all think is that girl this season?
Don't forget every season's gorgeous blonde with a really heartfelt backstory.

Back