All-Star "ethnic Hair" Cheer Hair Issues...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Has nothing to do with issues with ethnic hair but I'd love to see them perform with a Mohawk! Lol I did my daughters hair like that when she was 3 and it was fierce!
Here is a pic- I wish I had a better one or one from the back where u could see it but still totally cool! Idk how the bow would fit in. :(
44354665-8f45-5dcb.jpg

It would of been really cute if I could of made the top a poof but yea I'm not good at those!!

You have the cutest daughter EVER! She looks like an angel, lol.

I don't have ethnic hair but thick stubborn hair that would never dry in rollers over night. So I started to experiment and actually found out that it worked best for me, if I used twisted paper tissues instead of rollers. I twist as 2-3 layers and then roll the damp hair like I would with a normal roller. And then I just put a knot in and that's it.
The tissue helps take out the moisture and my hair drys a lot faster.

When I take the rollers out or at the end of my routine, the curls seem to end up in one BIG GIANT curl and if I try to separate them my hair gets frizzy

When you put your hair in rollers are you alternating the direction of them or are you rolling them all the same direction?

n567530600_3534439_1677.jpg

This is before it grew so it's even "bigger" now, don't think it would be safe to let it fly lol

267761_1972228578379_1022962639_31856427_7971007_n.jpg

Recent picture, no matter what it's work lol
But it SOOOOOO beautiful I would die for that hair!! Mine is very coarse, VERY thick and very Wavy, but not wavy in a pretty way, more like wavy in a finger in the light socket way...clearly I flat iron it everyday!

i think the curling wands work great on any type of hair
The curling wands are great it's just the least heat you use the better. With the curling wands or any heated curler/flat iron you have to spray a holding product to maintain the curl. IMO curls that are set wet last longer. But I will use the hot curlers when in a rush.

@Bre-brid... I had the same problem which is why I decided no more relaxers for my cp... I do love the fact that my cp's program allows braids (as long as they can be curled), so that makes life a lot easier when it comes to competition hair styles
My cp does not have a relaxer and has really delicate ethnic hair which broke off last season due to flat ironing, hot curl, so I'm very interested in knowing the best way to treat her hair this season so that she can have some type of curl without breakage!!

When you put your hair in rollers are you alternating the direction of them or are you rolling them all the same direction?

I don't know since my mom does it and I just sit back and relax and let her work her magic, but I do think she does do some in the same direction if there on the same side which make two mega curls, but I fine/thin hair and its relaxed but I just started my natural hair journey but besides that the curls look good when I take them out but once I start to move they can clump together or fall.

I don't know since my mom does it and I just sit back and relax and let her work her magic, but I do think she does do some in the same direction if there on the same side which make two mega curls, but I fine/thin hair and its relaxed but I just started my natural hair journey but besides that the curls look good when I take them out but once I start to move they can clump together or fall.

Ahhhh... I see the problem. If you alternate the direction that you roll them, they won't twist together. If you are rolling them like this l l l l l then roll one to the left, then one to the right, and so on. If you are stacking them vertically, then roll one up, and then one down, etc. It really helps!

I'm giggling on the inside, seeing the comments on this thread. I had NO idea that half of you had anything to do with anything ethnic, but then, I didn't think about it much, either! I do love y'all!

I just thought I would pop in with some pearls of wisdom :cool: We don't have "ethnic" hair issues, but hey, curler directions are universal, lol...

I just thought I would pop in with some pearls of wisdom :cool: We don't have "ethnic" hair issues, but hey, curler directions are universal, lol...

It's ok, MomOf2ThatsMe, you can embrace your "whitethnicity." ;)

It's ok, MomOf2ThatsMe, you can embrace your "whitethnicity." ;)

Hahahaha.... yes, yes, I have been told I must have some soul left inside from a previous incarnation....

Besides, I mean if I want to get technical, I am "ethnic" in 1/4 of my lineage, just not that kind of ethnic...

Back