All-Star Favorite Parts Of Worlds 2017

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

-> Seeing so many non-US teams win/globe/place top 5, some who never had before! Canada (multiple gyms and multiple medals), Germany (3rd in IO6 semis!), Sweden (Bronze medal! First time for the country!), Australia (Bronze medal and 5th in IOLC5!), and England (5th! .5 behind Sparkle). I love how much cheer is growing and how competitive other countries have gotten. Add Thailand and Norway who have both globed before and the list is pretty dang long! Plus some countries I saw in finals (Chile, Germany, Puerto Rico, etc) looked better and stronger than I have ever seen them look.

->Bombshells celebrating more for Bronze than Ice for Gold. I lived of that, it's the same feeling I got from C5 last year and 20/20 two years ago.
I can't imagine what it must feel like to go just hoping to make finals and to walk away with a globe.....

-> M5, my favorite team in any division this year, peaking at JUST the right time

Last edited:
There seemed to be less complaining about whether someone was "not happy enough" or "too happy too early" during and immediately after awards. Unless someone is acting a fool, veteran coaches and athletes tend not to care or even notice what other teams are doing, but I heard less noise from the internet and stands about it. (Granted I am too old to live on Twitter or whatever is the cool thing now, so maybe I haven't seen it.)

Yes.

Kids are allowed to be salty about losing.

Also, if a team won Worlds last year, excuse them for not being super pumped about being 4th or 5th.

It's ok if they don't smile or do the salty side eye and do not immediately rush over to congratulate their opponents. Really.

They're not throwing chairs. They didn't sulk off the stage and toss their medals. They're not all breaking down like a soap opera.

It's fine. They're not brats. They're not ungrateful. They're just disappointed.

Heck. I don't rush over and congratulate the staff member who got the promotion over me. It's human nature.

Last edited:
Knockout's win
The sheer joy that teams had with their placements (bombshells x2, Pirates Golden Gun)
Clearly Cyclone the dog because, how adorable were his boots, medal and bow?????
WCSS because I'm pro everything they do

ETA- I cracked 1500 shimmys. So thank you guys for that

Yes.

Kids are allowed to be salty about losing.

Also, if a team won Worlds last year, excuse them for not being super pumped about being 4th or 5th.

It's ok if they don't smile or do the salty side eye and do not immediately rush over to congratulate their opponents. Really.

They're not throwing chairs. They didn't sulk off the stage and toss their medals. They're not all breaking down like a soap opera.

It's fine. They're not brats. They're not unfrateful. They're just disappointed.

Heck. I don't rush over and congratulate the staff member who got the promotion over me. It's human nature.

Key word, kids. I'm salty when my minis aren't in first place, and they still think they're the best team there. It's not bad sportsmanship to be disappointed.

Who were the Mango 5?

I loved seeing BSB win back to back.

Smoex amd Bomshells globing.

Dude rolling out of his wheelchair at ICU worlds.

Foreign teams really starting to take over.

The support that so many coaches, athletes and parents had for each other, even when things were going sour. Most people seemed to handle losses really well.

THE UPSETS.

Divisions happening indoors.

No ridiculously long gaps between warm-ups and performance.

OO5 being 0.5 points away from winning (that should satiate me until next year, when they finally get gold, fingers crossed!)

Nfinity and Sick 6 winning! Finally!

Steel winning. Especially because Will was healthy and there performing with them after getting his heart transplant.

BSB winning (couldn't understand why people were shocked considering how high their execution score has been)

WCSS winning. That video of the coaches and their daughter winning gives me all the feels.

I love underdogs and upsets so it was a nice change to a lot of divisions to see teams place the way they did this year.

Key word, kids. I'm salty when my minis aren't in first place, and they still think they're the best team there. It's not bad sportsmanship to be disappointed.

Yes. It's all about perspective.

If you've never been to Worlds ever, you are pumped if you make it into semis.

If you have never even been in finals, you can be 13th and will still be pumped to even be in the finals arena.

If you've never cracked top 10, you're stoked just to be 8th.

If you have never globed, you will cry tears of joy over being bronze medalists.

If you have won it before, your goal is winning.

So not making finals, or only being 5th, or whatever, is tough.

So the "be blessed just to be at worlds" saying is awesome but when all those other things are a given, anything less than winning is going to result in some initial saltiness.

High school example: I had a former Varsity cheerleader make JV this season. If someone had told her "well just be happy to be cheering" at that moment, she probably would have cried. The standard is different for this person.

Back