All-Star Favorite Parts Of Worlds 2017

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Who were the Mango 5?

I loved seeing BSB win back to back.

Smoex amd Bomshells globing.

Dude rolling out of his wheelchair at ICU worlds.

Foreign teams really starting to take over.

The support that so many coaches, athletes and parents had for each other, even when things were going sour. Most people seemed to handle losses really well.

THE UPSETS.

Divisions happening indoors.

No ridiculously long gaps between warm-ups and performance.

OO5 being 0.5 points away from winning (that should satiate me until next year, when they finally get gold, fingers crossed!)

Nfinity and Sick 6 winning! Finally!

Steel winning. Especially because Will was healthy and there performing with them after getting his heart transplant.

The guy rolling out of his chair in team England's paracheer performance for the end of dance was amazing (I love him) and when he did the tumbling too, so cool

Sorry for the double post but just remembered- the guy from Bama Allstars Black Diamonds being the sassiest guy I've ever seen- if I'm being honest I didn't watch the routine I just watched him throughout haha

We had no favorite parts. Getting a 4 point deduction for 9/10ths of a second over in music made for a very teary Worlds. It would be one thing if it was talent or mistakes, but music we've used at 8 other comps all season long... seriously?
what team was this??
i cant keep track of who is affiliated with what gyms on here.

Since I was competing I really didn't see much, but my favourite thing I saw was Cali Sparkle's support of Great Whites in finals. They had just come off the floor and come out to GW performing. From the first count of the routine, those girls were cheering. They never once cheered for the stunt fall, they cheered for them to keep going. They were all on their feet by the dance, jumping and clapping. It wasn't one of those moments where I believed they were happy the team made a mistake, they legitimately wanted the best for GW.
Also, as much as it pains me to say, Knockout winning Worlds. I said at Nationals this year that if Great Whites didn't win, it would be Knockout and I'm happy it was. That gym has set such a high standard in Canada and I love seeing them rewarded for it internationally.
Lastly Gothenburg Wildcats placing 3rd in IO6. They had 24 marks in deductions day 1 and were out of the top 10 (I believe). Came back with an incredible performance day 2 and placed 3rd. One of those incredible moments seeing a team legitimately happy for bronze

Smoed getting better than 6th

OO5 making finals

Reckless still being in the top three (it's their turn next year!)

TGLC finishing out a beautiful season with a globe

And all of the underdogs whose reactions to placements made me cry

*Also, the dog with booties
***I'm a bit confused why people were saying "finally" to Nfinity winning... they won two years ago in 2015, saying "finally" would be like BSB winning last year, that was a finally. Not a two year gap.

Since I was competing I really didn't see much, but my favourite thing I saw was Cali Sparkle's support of Great Whites in finals. They had just come off the floor and come out to GW performing. From the first count of the routine, those girls were cheering. They never once cheered for the stunt fall, they cheered for them to keep going. They were all on their feet by the dance, jumping and clapping. It wasn't one of those moments where I believed they were happy the team made a mistake, they legitimately wanted the best for GW.
Also, as much as it pains me to say, Knockout winning Worlds. I said at Nationals this year that if Great Whites didn't win, it would be Knockout and I'm happy it was. That gym has set such a high standard in Canada and I love seeing them rewarded for it internationally.
Lastly Gothenburg Wildcats placing 3rd in IO6. They had 24 marks in deductions day 1 and were out of the top 10 (I believe). Came back with an incredible performance day 2 and placed 3rd. One of those incredible moments seeing a team legitimately happy for bronze

I loved that Gothenburg placed third

See, I wish U.S. based international open teams had that sort of leeway or luxury... something as small as an AB and that's it, you're out of finals. Teams like FierceKatz, Reign, Ghost Recon, Rolling Stones, Rust and many more deserve a place in the finals.

I want to see the three-per-country policy for the international open divisions eliminated already. Just take top 20 or something, at the very most only 10 U.S. teams will make it with at least 10 more spots to non-U.S. teams... and even then, we're starting to see more and more non-U.S. teams out score U.S. ones, so you really are looking at maybe only 7 or so of the best U.S. teams in finals anyway.

See, I wish U.S. based international open teams had that sort of leeway or luxury... something as small as an AB and that's it, you're out of finals. Teams like FierceKatz, Reign, Ghost Recon, Rolling Stones, Rust and many more deserve a place in the finals.

I want to see the three-per-country policy for the international open divisions eliminated already. Just take top 20 or something, at the very most only 10 U.S. teams will make it with at least 10 more spots to non-U.S. teams... and even then, we're starting to see more and more non-U.S. teams out score U.S. ones, so you really are looking at maybe only 7 or so of the best U.S. teams in finals anyway.

It's only been the past couple years we've seen this, though. In previous years, if you took top 10 (for example) you'd see MAYBE 1-2 international teams. Now you'll see probably 50% of the division coming from outside the US. I'm sure the 3-per-country rule can be done away with soon enough.
The only division I could have seen MAYBE at Worlds 2017 that wouldn't have had many international teams without that rule would be IOSC5.

It's only been the past couple years we've seen this, though. In previous years, if you took top 10 (for example) you'd see MAYBE 1-2 international teams. Now you'll see probably 50% of the division coming from outside the US. I'm sure the 3-per-country rule can be done away with soon enough.
The only division I could have seen MAYBE at Worlds 2017 that wouldn't have had many international teams without that rule would be IOSC5.

The 3-per-country rule is extremely unlikely to go away. Currently in the "open" division (that somehow got "international" attached to it's name) each country gets a single vote on rule changes, regardless of how many teams/gyms/cheerleaders are in the country. The smallest countries (understandably) like getting a free pass to finals, so they will not vote change finals to a merit-only system which would make it tougher for them.

Example: South Africa gets the lowest score in the division by over 12 points and makes into finals with a 44.85 (out of 150). Despite nearly tripling their score and being well within the top 10, FierceKatz does not advance with a 122.4. Why would South Africa vote to change that?

Last edited:
KNOCKOUT WINNING WORLDS - Couldn't make me happier, I love those girls and that team.

Cheerforce Golden Girls winning a mini globe in Canadian trails - This was huge as a former alum. So proud

Team Canada All Girl placing 3rd

Learning how to coed stunt with some very talented men who managed to toss me - a life long backspot - to cupies and libs, S/O to Sone & Hero - Thanks guys!!

Back