All-Star Favorite Parts Of Worlds 2017

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

International representation! SCC Legacy 3rd, Outlaws Allstars 5th, SCC Lady Reign 7th, QCE Diamonds 10th (have I missed anyone?)

Both the Bombshells (M5/CJA) globing, especially since they're new!

Worlds being indoors and 3 days.

Livestream actually being decent and not needing nodes ;)

OO5 FINALLY making finals!

Buying the livestream and watching everything as it happens, and the excitement when you don't know what will happen.

WCSS bringing home the gold!

Next year though can we please change up the playlist used in between teams? I'm all Ariana-ed out.

Small Senior and Large Senior being full of really great, hit routines. Despite some legalities that happened afterwards...

I loved having my two favorite divisions being pretty much impossible to call, because everyone performed so well. After a few years of complete disasters with teams falling everywhere, and slipping on wet floors, it was fantastic.

There seemed to be less complaining about whether someone was "not happy enough" or "too happy too early" during and immediately after awards. Unless someone is acting a fool, veteran coaches and athletes tend not to care or even notice what other teams are doing, but I heard less noise from the internet and stands about it. (Granted I am too old to live on Twitter or whatever is the cool thing now, so maybe I haven't seen it.)

Parts of the logistics side of the event were a little less horrible than they have been.

I saw lots of respect and great sportsmanship from athletes and coaches from a wide variety of programs.
Interesting because I just posted in another thread. I saw it more this year than ever before. Not from athletes but from former athletes and parents.

Last edited:
We had no favorite parts. Getting a 4 point deduction for 9/10ths of a second over in music made for a very teary Worlds. It would be one thing if it was talent or mistakes, but music we've used at 8 other comps all season long... seriously?

Back