High School Game Day Shoes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 15, 2009
I coach a high school team that wears infinity shoes to.compete and complains about all game shoes we have ever purchased. They feel the game shoes are too heavy and bulky but as coaches we need them to have shoes that can survive the track through football season.

Any suggestions for game shoes? Our price point is about $50

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I coach a high school team that wears infinity shoes to.compete and complains about all game shoes we have ever purchased. They feel the game shoes are too heavy and bulky but as coaches we need them to have shoes that can survive the track through football season.

I personally have not used them yet (we're getting them for next year), but I have heard phenomenal reviews of the Zephz Butterfly Lite shoes. I think they're in the mid $40 range. They look very streamline and lightweight and all the reviews I've read (and watched on YouTube) say they are very comfortable and hold up well on tracks. Hope that helps! :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

All through high school I used Adidas Cheer Flyer shoe, personally I loved them. Not everyone's favorite, I'm not sure why tho but I always thought they were super comfy and held up really well! I used them on track, cement, basketball courts and on competition mats.
Now in college we have used a Nike shoe the last two years, not sure which one off the top of my head. I still liked my Adidas better because I feel these are a little to clunky. They hold up well on the track and basektball court. We get a new pair for free through our program every season but mine were definitely not worn out after just one season. My sister actually wore hers two seasons in a row and no one noticed.
Recently for UCA staff I got the Varsity Touchdown, I haven't really gotten a chance to use them yet but I did try them on. Super comfy and seem pretty light weight on the foot but they look durable for the track. Pretty sure they are designed for the use of tracks at football games so those might be a shoe to look into!

Last edited:
I definitely recommend the Nfinity Game Day shoes! They are crazy light (only 6 or 7 ounces), they're cute, your team likes Nfinity's, and they're super durable. They're a bit more than you said you would have liked to spend though. I think they are around $65, but it is worth it. They are the best sideline shoes I've ever had!

My high school is currently just wearing white Nike Frees for sideline (not a specific pair, there are a bunch of different styles)- from what I've heard they work great! Currently they go to all home and away games, so even though our home field does not have a track, they have used these shoes on a track and have had a good experience with them.
I have a pair I tumble in that I got after Nfinity stopped making the Phoenix in my size, and they're light as a feather. They may be a little bit out of your price range, but the collegiate A&T teams use them and also have had success with them lasting the whole season and longer!

We typically do the Nike air mix downs for football. They hold up nice but the kids complain bc they're much heavier than their competition nfinity shoes. I know nfinity makes a game day shoe, but have never personally used them. We are ordering the Varsity touchdown shoe and I really like them!!

Just a cheer girl livin in the cheer world

The Touchdown is a great one. And a lot of people are loving the Sole from Varsity too. Product: Varsity Sole
We are using the soles this year. Quite possibly the ugliest shoe ever, but we still chose it bc of how awesome it feels and how light it is. Plus what cheer shoe is cute anyways? We were going to use the touchdown, but I didn't care for it after seeing it in person and holding/wearing it.

We are using the soles this year. Quite possibly the ugliest shoe ever, but we still chose it bc of how awesome it feels and how light it is. Plus what cheer shoe is cute anyways? We were going to use the touchdown, but I didn't care for it after seeing it in person and holding/wearing it.

I know right. On pictures that shoe is not pretty. But everyone who has tried it on has LOVED it. It reminds me of the old school hi top reeboks without the ankle part and without the velcro. Very slim and light

Asics are pretty light. So are chasse shoes. They might not last long but they are cheap so it is ok to buy a new pair. I would check out omni cheer they have a lot of great deals and shows to pick from

Just wore my Varsity Touchdown shoes all week at workweek. Like any shoes, I wasn't sure about them when I put them on since my other shoes are Nike but I found my self loving them. They broke in much faster than my old Nike ones and did not cause any blisters or hurting during the process. Also stunted with them, mainly based but they were good stunt with, also tumbled on turf with them, feet didn't hurt at all. No complaints.

Just wore my Varsity Touchdown shoes all week at workweek. Like any shoes, I wasn't sure about them when I put them on since my other shoes are Nike but I found my self loving them. They broke in much faster than my old Nike ones and did not cause any blisters or hurting during the process. Also stunted with them, mainly based but they were good stunt with, also tumbled on turf with them, feet didn't hurt at all. No complaints.

Same. Adding to this, it usually takes a few practices for me to break in new shoes but I put on the Touchdowns and they fit perfectly right away, which is actually pretty amazing because I'm super OCD about my cheer shoes. Love them!

Just some feedback so far on the new Varsity Soles (aka the ugly ones!) Feel amazing, extremely light! The kids absolutely love them for jumping and tumbling. A few complaints for stunting. Some bases say they're slick. I think/hope that will change once they're not so brand spanking new, but that is something to keep in mind. The shoe isn't very wide, so it's easy to grip, but so far it's also easy to lose! Lots of girls have flown out of full ups because the bases can't keep the grip!

Back