All-Star Hairgate 2015 - Mom Upset Daughter Is Off The Team Because She Wont Straighten Hair For Competitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@ cheer25mom, nope again you are wrong... Many of us, wore our hair out, some had afros, curly afros, I wore my hair in a shoulder length bob, etc... We were never told to push our hair under our hats...
So someone with waist length hair was allowed to just let it fly on the field? I was involved in marching band as a part of color guard all the way through college, traveling for competition, and I never saw this allowed. Everyone had to have their hair off their collar, male or female.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought I was cute....

205553_1005233010677_3537_n.jpg

(and yes, I am an absolutely hilarious shade of pale)

(this pic is from 2007 or 2006)

(help)
Omg, you are absolutely adorable with your costume and hairpiece...I take back my last comments about looking dreadful and taking points away... Cutie Pie!

What do I look like in your head?

I could cheat on you, but I have watched a bunch of your videos!
You are a brunette (like, halfway between medium and dark brown, with hints of dirty blonde), brown eyes, hilariously sarcastic and exasperated facial expressions at times.

And which of my videos have you seen? I'm curious, didn't think anyone on here watched me!

Actually, she was dancing in a small group of 5 girls... All the girls wore different hairstyles - either 1 high ponytails or 2 ponytails... Most of the audience members were captivated by how my daughter was swinging her ponytails during her solos in the dance piece...It fit the role she was playing in the dance too...
You are extremely lucky! I don't know of anywhere that allows that, and we travel a lot of places.

You are a brunette (like, halfway between medium and dark brown, with hints of dirty blonde), brown eyes, hilariously sarcastic and exasperated facial expressions at times.

And which of my videos have you seen? I'm curious, didn't think anyone on here watched me!
Blue-eyed blonde, but I am guessing you hit the expressions!

Edit: You linked a couple and then I watched a few others.

Blue-eyed blonde, but I am guessing you hit the expressions!

Edit: You linked a couple and then I watched a few others.
Can you remember which ones? I know I'm probably being annoying, but I'd like to know (and if you recall your opinions of them, that'd be great). Totally fine if your memory fails you.

I won't even asked what you envisioned me looking like...haha!
Nowhere near as bad as you might think, LMAO!

I am a music teacher and I have never seen a band that didn't have their hair tucked into their hat. Part of being a band is that you are not an individual on a field you are part of a bigger formation and uniformity is KEY! I couldn't have picked my husband out of the pride of the south land band if I had wanted to. Besides size they all look exactly the same, just different instruments in their hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I reiterate I never recalled anyone in the 4 years being told to tuck their hair in the hats and we were 100 members strong... The Marching band I was on, we did a lot of dancing, high step marching, etc... and we traveled alot in the early 80s and competed alot and won. We were definitely not the traditional or military marching band and we definitely was entertaining...

Can you remember which ones? I know I'm probably being annoying, but I'd like to know (and if you recall your opinions of them, that'd be great). Totally fine if your memory fails you.

Nowhere near as bad as you might think, LMAO!
high school cheer is sooo easy
Bring It On: good or bad
Gameday skills

I think there was another high school one, but in my scanning, I didn't see it.

Enjoyed them and need to go back and watch your rants! I love a good rant!

high school cheer is sooo easy
Bring It On: good or bad
Gameday skills

I think there was another high school one, but in my scanning, I didn't see it.

Enjoyed them and need to go back and watch your rants! I love a good rant!
Lol thank you! I have done some more interesting topics recently, hope you enjoy them!

I reiterate I never recalled anyone in the 4 years being told to tuck their hair in the hats and we were 100 members strong... The Marching band I was on, we did a lot of dancing, high step marching, etc... and we traveled alot in the early 80s and competed alot and won. We were definitely not the traditional or military marching band and we definitely was entertaining...
Drum core style marching band requires absolute uniformity down to shined shoes and belt buckles. Most college bands these days are the same. The dance line and color guard wear exactly the same makeup and hair. Everyone has the same everything. Most dance lines and a lot of color guards have uniform inspection and weigh ins. If you don't make weight or look acceptable in the uniform, you don't go on the field. Same with college cheer. You fit the look or you don't make the team.

Gymnastics requires hair to be restrained and off the shoulders. You must wear a Leo. You lose points for shorts over it.

I always had my hair up in my bucket hat when I was in band, because it was expected. My sister was the same way. She cut her hair short thinking it would be easier to keep it all in the bucket and it was a nightmare trying to pin it all up since no hair could be showing. It was the same for her when she went to college. I felt like a really bad sister because I couldn't find her the entire halftime performance, but it just meant she was looking the part.

Back