All-Star Hairgate 2015 - Mom Upset Daughter Is Off The Team Because She Wont Straighten Hair For Competitions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

People need to start sharing the crap out of all the good things cheer gyms do like special needs programs and all the fundraising they do. Our kids' gym is working their butts off to send their special needs team to UCA this march. A local charity has joined them and is helping them do that. I wish that would go viral instead of this negative crap. :(

OK I'm a little confused so when did this happen that at the end of the article it states the girls were told the season had ended and not that they had been kicked out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There won't be a refund but the Vice President says the girls will still get their uniform and trophy at end of season. The 5-year-old girls, by the way, were told the season ended, not that they were kicked off the squad."

Huge difference between the season ending and being kicked off.

I think the little girls were told the season was over to spare their feelings. The parents were told the truth.

"There won't be a refund but the Vice President says the girls will still get their uniform and trophy at end of season. The 5-year-old girls, by the way, were told the season ended, not that they were kicked off the squad."

Huge difference between the season ending and being kicked off.

I think it meant the mom's told them the season ended because of their age. 5 is a little young to be told they were kicked out of something.

Someone can now start a new thread on two five year olds "Young Girls Booted from cheer squad after approved vacation." Fox has picked that one up. Looks like rec cheer, though. City league. Cheer Parents Central shared it on Facebook is how I saw the segment.

I saw that this morning and came on the board looking to see if someone had started a thread. lol

Cheer Parent Central is just loving these stories. Here is ANOTHER Texas cheer issue. When a child is in trouble at the school, they are brought to their coach for punishment. She was told to do bearcrawls on the track and now has her arm in a sling and blisters on her hands. At no point do they mention that it is a normal conditioning exercise, instead they said she was told to "crawl on her knees."

CPS investigating punishment given to Dallas teen - Story | KDFW

Last edited:
I think it meant the mom's told them the season ended because of their age. 5 is a little young to be told they were kicked out of something.

I looked at their Facebook page and it looks like the season started in July. The pictures in the article look like they are from a competition this season that were also on the Facebook page. It sounds like there are less than two months left in the season?

I looked at their Facebook page and it looks like the season started in July. The pictures in the article look like they are from a competition this season that were also on the Facebook page. It sounds like there are less than two months left in the season?

I tried finding their FB page and failed, can you link it?

I'm starting to think that this wasn't a competition team I think this was just like football cheer

Eta: if that is the case then is it like peewee football done almost because at least in my town it finished last week

I'm starting to think that this wasn't a competition team I think this was just like football cheer

Eta: if that is the case then is it like peewee football done almost because at least in my town it finished last week

Yes it's Football cheer; I'm sure they have a competition, but it's not All-Star

Though I do think the saying, "Black and Gold until I'm Dead and Cold" is a little intense for youth level sports...but, then again, it is Texas but the Saints are in New Orleans and yet this is the Saints in Texas.

Though I do think the saying, "Black and Gold until I'm Dead and Cold" is a little intense for youth level sports...but, then again, it is Texas but the Saints are in New Orleans and yet this is the Saints in Texas.
Maybe because there are a lot of Katrina refugees living there now?

Maybe because there are a lot of Katrina refugees living there now?

Perhaps, but they also have the Texas Patriots and one team is using the University of Miami's football team logo so thinking they're just using what they like.

Back