OT Hunger Games

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Can we please refrain from talking about how people are seeing it tonight! The wait til Saturday will be a long one :(

yahhh i do not think i will be attending my 8:30 and 9:30 classes tomorrow.. which happen to be my only classes :rolleyes:
Ah I wish I could get away with that. I travelled with cheer a few weekends ago and missed two days of my mwf classes, so I cant even afford to miss anymore.

Help! Did you guys like the movie or not? I couldn't really tell because I was comparing it to the book too much, so I'll have to see it again to form final opinions. But main characters...not complaining.

Help! Did you guys like the movie or not? I couldn't really tell because I was comparing it to the book too much, so I'll have to see it again to form final opinions. But main characters...not complaining.
I thought it was one of the best book adaptations ever i've seen! it was as close as possible without being inside Katniss's head! But i personally loved the views of the outside characters while the games were going on, it was a good way for the story to get told without Katniss explaining.
Now i just wanna know what people who haven't read the books think, i always wonder if they can actually understand everything

I thought it was one of the best book adaptations ever i've seen! it was as close as possible without being inside Katniss's head! But i personally loved the views of the outside characters while the games were going on, it was a good way for the story to get told without Katniss explaining.
Now i just wanna know what people who haven't read the books think, i always wonder if they can actually understand everything
i feel like if i hadnt read the books i wouldve been kind of confused during the movie

I loved the movie, but its definately not a lighthearted film (not that the book was either) so prepare yourself. They get across the feelings of terror, anxiety and horror that the tributes go through real well imo. It's going to be one of those movies where you leave a bit stunned.

Yeah, I like it but I think one of the things I didn't like was how Katniss and Peeta's relationship was portrayed. If I hadn't read the book, I don't think I would have understood that their relationship was fake at first, then became real, and then broke off a bit at the ending.

I had been hearing/reading that it was really similar so I think I got my hopes up thinking it would be pretty much the same… which was stupid of me. Not going to lie, I was taken aback by the few small differences… But come on Michelle, is the color of Buttercup’s fur really crucial to the overall development of the series? And I kinda missed some of the quotes, like the quotes. Again, not super crucial but I was looking forward to hearing the actors say them out loud you know? I don’t want to post anymore spoilers… I think you can understand what I mean though? That being said…
All the actors pretty much nailed it and I was actually pleasantly surprised by quite a few of them. And I think they set it up pretty much perfectly for the second movie...
Yeah, I like it but I think one of the things I didn't like was how Katniss and Peeta's relationship was portrayed. If I hadn't read the book, I don't think I would have understood that their relationship was fake at first, then became real, and then broke off a bit at the ending.
... except I agree, their relationship towards the end was kinda left unaddressed. It was never explicitly stated or made clear that "it was all for the Games."

Oh and a word of caution… I highly suggest (if at all possible) you do not see the movie with someone (or a group of people) who has yet to read the books. And not just because they might not fully understand what’s going on all at once, I just feel like they can’t fully appreciate it? At least a couple of people in my "group" didn't seem to. They would laugh at the most inappropriate times, like serious moments with no funny undertones whatsoever (yes, they were adults). I don’t know, I just feel like that showed who read it and who didn’t. Almost like if you read the books you would’ve understood that the significance of that moment was greater than what was just shown, that there’s more to it/more to come.

And if you haven’t read it, get off this thread and go read it.

555457_10150767678681155_650881154_11748383_1869186576_n.jpg

Sorry this is so big. I met up with my best friend her friends from school for the premiere last night. Most of them dressed up as Capital citizens. My best friend dressed as Effie and one of the boys dressed as Seneca Crane. People literally started cheering as we walked through the theater. Just wanted to share that!

Back