All-Star I'm Going To Cheat

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

actually you bring up a good point about bending rules! have you ever talked to anyone who works warmups at a comp where most CEA teams are in attendance? ask them how many times they have had to re adjust schedules and mat times to accomodate all their crossovers! Is that bending the rules?

This is something that happens for just about everyone I know of that asked, even the super small gym that uses crossovers to field extra teams. I view this as a courtesy to the athlete as well as for safety of the athletes and schedule changes never harmed anyone.

actually you bring up a good point about bending rules! have you ever talked to anyone who works warmups at a comp where most CEA teams are in attendance? ask them how many times they have had to re adjust schedules and mat times to accomodate all their crossovers! Is that bending the rules?
Ignoring a back flipping basket toss and adjusting a warm up time are two completely different kinds of 'rules.' They might both have to deal with safety, but one is goverened by the USASF and the other is a professional courtesy an Event Producer extends to their customers.

I can get warmup times changed if I ask. I can get video review of elements before if I ask or send it to the right people. Those 2 things aren't for the big names. Some EPs are more willing or able to change times, but I don't think I've ever been told no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you leave a gym who clearly cheated, like having more than the alloted # of athletes compete or using an athlete you knew was age ineligible? If so, would there be conditions..like if it wasn't your CP's team, but another team at your gym would you still stay or look the other way. It's an honest question based upon your reply I quoted and what I perceive your stance to be, but I could be wrong, which is why I'm asking.

Your post is pretty transparent and based on your history I assume you only want more drama. Don't you think there's been enough of that already?

If you want to make an accusation I suggest you submit it to the USASF. There has been lots of information given on how to do that here in this thread.

And this isn't some extra service that Rays or I get. TBH were just one of the few people that take advantage of things like this.

I'd rather get a video in advance than call something at an event, but I have absolutely no hesitation calling everything I see at an event. In fact, ASCheerMan often gets on my case about being too punitive.

Please use the Is It Legal section of the Board, which is monitored by several rules officials including at least 2 that work Worlds, or send in videos with of your skills to make sure they are legal. If you are trying to keep something a secret my email address and phone number are in my signature.

I've heard of coaches getting warmup times changed because of other competitions happening (school), teams competing twice in one day because of half the team having an event the next day (if they're all from the same school), etc and I don't even CHEER anymore (actively. I cheer on my VB girls plenty lol).

I'm sure CEA or even other big gyms might have to do it more often, but they're hardly the only ones. Even at dance comps I've gone out-of-order for various reasons. That's more of a courtesy and I don't even think it's a rule-bend. I don't know of any rule that insists you MUST GO IN ORDER OR DIE.

I've heard of coaches getting warmup times changed because of other competitions happening (school), teams competing twice in one day because of half the team having an event the next day (if they're all from the same school), etc and I don't even CHEER anymore (actively. I cheer on my VB girls plenty lol).

I'm sure CEA or even other big gyms might have to do it more often, but they're hardly the only ones. Even at dance comps I've gone out-of-order for various reasons. That's more of a courtesy and I don't even think it's a rule-bend. I don't know of any rule that insists you MUST GO IN ORDER OR DIE.

I've been on a number of open teams at a number of gyms, none of which is particularly big (and only one has gone to worlds). At every gym I've been at competitions where we've had warmup times moved around or competed out of order. This is common courtesy, not a benefit of the big name gyms.

I've been on a number of open teams at a number of gyms, none of which is particularly big (and only one has gone to worlds). At every gym I've been at competitions where we've had warmup times moved around or competed out of order. This is common courtesy, not a benefit of the big name gyms.

which reminds me of a story. my first year coaching open and taking them to NCA our entire team was nothing but coaches from across the country (we had one choreography weekend and the next time we met up was in dallas in warmups). i think out of 36 people only around 15 were not coaches. when we finally got to warmups we were missing a few people... i think we had 19 on the first mat. 23 on the second mat, and 29 on the last mat. some of our people had to go out there and throw their skills cold. dohh! we did have one guy on Rust at his teams award ceremony FINALLY run up to us while we were backstage about to go on. He had to change backstage and realized he forgot his shoes. As we were walking on the mat. So he ran around the side and 'borrowed' shoes from someone from Top Gun i think that he knew. Probably the dirtiest thing I have ever done in cheerleading was stall on the floor when we walked out so he could get shoes. We broke twice. hah. his name was jordan johnson (I am sure a few of you know him). we also had one guy who never made the mat because he was snowed in virginia. so i had to change our entire pyramid by text message and the first time we practiced it was on the floor.

which reminds me of a story. my first year coaching open and taking them to NCA our entire team was nothing but coaches from across the country (we had one choreography weekend and the next time we met up was in dallas in warmups). i think out of 36 people only around 15 were not coaches. when we finally got to warmups we were missing a few people... i think we had 19 on the first mat. 23 on the second mat, and 29 on the last mat. some of our people had to go out there and throw their skills cold. dohh! we did have one guy on Rust at his teams award ceremony FINALLY run up to us while we were backstage about to go on. He had to change backstage and realized he forgot his shoes. As we were walking on the mat. So he ran around the side and 'borrowed' shoes from someone from Top Gun i think that he knew. Probably the dirtiest thing I have ever done in cheerleading was stall on the floor when we walked out so he could get shoes. We broke twice. hah. his name was jordan johnson (I am sure a few of you know him). we also had one guy who never made the mat because he was snowed in virginia. so i had to change our entire pyramid by text message and the first time we practiced it was on the floor.

This could've replaced "the Secret Diary of an American Cheerleader" as it's own mini web series... WOW

This could've replaced "the Secret Diary of an American Cheerleader" as it's own mini web series... WOW

I'm not even sharing all the fun details. It's really funny when I tell it in person.

The most tempted (notice tempted) I was ever to do something not right was 3 days before worlds 2009 with Rust. We had a very good team that was equal to GT that year. Whoever had the better day I think would have won. At our friends and family before we started warming up one tumbler broke his hand and one stunter broke his hand and we just found another had quit. I could only use one alternate legally. We went from being competitive for first to I had no idea how we would compete. We replaced the one that quit(out last alternate who was on the list just in case to help us out. Our alternate was good but had not been practicing so was not conditioned) took out elements (there is a random show n go during our baskets, one less stunt and easier pyramid) and went anyway. We ended up getting second. It absolutely SUCKED because we had a shot and then we didn't. But that's cheer.

Would you leave a gym who clearly cheated, like having more than the alloted # of athletes compete or using an athlete you knew was age ineligible? If so, would there be conditions..like if it wasn't your CP's team, but another team at your gym would you still stay or look the other way. It's an honest question based upon your reply I quoted and what I perceive your stance to be, but I could be wrong, which is why I'm asking.
I think the textbook definition of ethical behavior is what you're willing to do when you think you'll never get found out.

Are you willing to anonymously pay a kid's competition fees, give an anonymous donation to a homeless shelter when no one will know it came from you...

...or are you willing to rob a bank, lie on your taxes or layout of work when you know no one will ever find out.

To me, ethics are not an pick and choose. It's a pattern of behavior. If I see a consistent tendency toward unethical behavior (even in the tiny small things that no one thinks matters) then yes, I absolutely would find another program or discount that program from consideration if I was in the market for a new cheer home.

Back